Acoustic Kiso Suzuki guitar, model 9507.

Posted by Joe on Fri, 12/06/02 - 10:31:20.

I have a Kiso Suzuki Acustic guitar model 9507. It is a fire colour with mother of pearl fret board. It looks pretty old and i would like to know how much its worth.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Suzuki Kiso 9507 Japanese Acoustic Guitar

Just seen one of these online for sale, very good condition. £149. Mint would be worth a bit more I'm guesing.

Suzuki Hummingbird 9507

I've just purchased a Suzuki 9507 in mint condition, absolutely love it!!!! Think the build quality and sound are superb, a nice bright sparkling tone, definitely the best copy of a Hummingbird I've found, but forget the fact it's a copy, its a great guitar in its own right. I may see if I can track down the Suzuki dove next!!! Cheers all.....

Re: Acoustic Kiso Suzuki guitar, model 9507.

I am only 14 and have aquired the very same guitar from my grandfather who died before i was born so i will never part with it but it is a brilliant guitar and i love the firery finish on it and the rustic tone it has. just out of interest how much is it worth

: I have a kiso too 9507 how do you know if its a solid top or not?cheers tony

I had one from 1973 until about 5 minutes ago when my 12 year old son trod on it and snapped the neck. It was still sounding great after 33 years - he has said he is sorry !!

I feel your pain, one of my son's friends stepped on mine! I am still trying to find someone to repair it! I had mine for 36 years without breaking it. It was devastating for me!

I also have a Suzuki 9507, Gibson Hummingbird look-a-like, exactly as you guys have described. I bought it in 1978 for around 80 UK pounds. It's always been, and still is, one of my most prized possessions and plays like a dream- it compares with £500 plus guitars. I wouldn't part with it at any price.

I too have a Suzuki 9507, Gibson Hummingbird look-a-like. Beautiful guitar with a lovely sound. Only problem is the front face is bowed in due to one of the 'struts' inside is broken. I was wondering if it could be economically repaired. I would love to get it straight again so I could hear the lovely tones without the fret buzz.

: I have a Kiso Suzuki Acustic guitar model 9507. It is a fire colour with mother of pearl fret board. It looks pretty old and i would like to know how much its worth.

Hi Joe
I have a kiso suzuki 12 string 9513...(may be similar to yours but it is plain wood)
it has mother of pearl fret markers and a 3 piece rosewood and maple? back.....and is all solid wood
plus inlays at the joins at the back and round the edges and sound hole

i think it in 1970s?

sounds really good
not sure of price...but i gonna keep mine for a long long time john L

: : : I have a Kiso Suzuki Acustic guitar model 9507. It is a fire colour with mother of pearl fret board. It looks pretty old and i would like to know how much its worth.

: : Hi Joe
: : I have a kiso suzuki 12 string 9513...(may be similar to yours but it is plain wood)
: : it has mother of pearl fret markers and a 3 piece rosewood and maple? back.....and is all solid wood
: : plus inlays at the joins at the back and round the edges and sound hole

: : i think it in 1970s?

: : sounds really good
: : not sure of price...but i gonna keep mine for a long long time john L

Hi..yeah, my Kiso Suzuki 7513 sounds good...worth about $130 I suppose...
But if u like 12 string, try tp pick up a Yamaha FG230 , red label Nippon Gakki...I got one for £72....and it is amazing...Joh L

Suzuki model No 9651

Hi . I bought this in a second hand shop in kingston market 1974 for a fiver and still going stong . The action is a bit high now as the top is a bit bowed and its more than the adjustable bridge can correct but still sounds lovely . I have a Taylor 714ce whith I use for picking but the suski is great for stuming .

KISSO SUZUKI GUITAR

Hi,
I have a Kissosuzuki 12 string modal 9513 ,I would like to know its age I thought Kiso shut down in 70's so I thought it might be a 60's guiter does anyone know? I think this is the best 12string i've ever tried.

Cheers Eddy

I used to have one of these and have only just found out what the model no was .If you hear of anybody selling I would be interested ..Dave

I have one in perfect condition!!

I have a Kiso Suzuki, with production Number inside.
Condition is 1st class. it is a beautiful instrement, but I just dont play it anymore and want to move it on to someone who will enjoy it as much as I did. It's probably worth around NZ$500. - $700.
christinerh@xtra.co.nz

Hi Joe. I have the same model, a dreadnought acoustic in cherry sunburst with hummingbird engraved pickguard. All the Gibson features including twin parallelogram inlays on fingerboard. Great sound & feel- a real keeper.

: I have a Kiso Suzuki Acustic guitar model 9507. It is a fire colour with mother of pearl fret board. It looks pretty old and i would like to know how much its worth.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.