LOTUS LES PAUL

Posted by BUTCH CATES on Sat, 04/27/02 - 11:39:31.

TRYING TO FIND INFO ON THE LOTUS LES PAUL EDITION HAS SERIAL NUMBERS 844164. WHERE CAN I FIND INFO ON WHEN AND WHERE MADE AND SOME IDEA OF VALUE?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Two Guitars for Sale/Need Numbers

My daddy died and let a Lotus and a Squier Fender guitar the Lotus is all wood finish guitar. the Squier/Fender is beautiful deep navy and white with two tone wood (one side rosewood) on the handle. I cannot fine any model or serial number anywhere. It is a beautiful guitar. I have not taken t apart because I don't know where to start looking for a number. It is in excellent shape and I hard that only the high end models were made out of clear wood. I just don;t know how much to sell it. Not trying to make a killing but do not want to sell it too low either. Just a fair price. It is electric acoustic. At one time there was a VN9 something on it. That sticker is now gone and I cannot find out what happened to it. I also have a Squier Fender guitar made in 97 that I have no number on and it is lovely. Any infor on where to find that number? I need to sell that one also.

Re: LOTUS LES PAUL

:I bought one at a local pawn shop for 78.00 tabacco burst-love the finish on this axe. made in japan on heel plate. plays good sounded ok but not like a humbuckers so i tore one apart and couldnt belive what i found. It was a single coil configuration that was made from scraps, wow it looked like it could of been a magnet dropped in a barrel of bolts and washers and pulled out sodered in a HB cover. I replaced with mighty mite motherbuckers. I have to say i was impressed with this one!!!! I own a LesPaul Classic and though its not near the guitar, it will save me from have to hoover over my Paul at gigs!!!

i actually have the same problem, i recently came into possession of a lotus les paul, i got it for free, and i have no idea of value or year, it still has the inspection sticker and signature on the sticker, and the made in india sticker, and serial number j3230, any ideas where to look?

: TRYING TO FIND INFO ON THE LOTUS LES PAUL EDITION HAS SERIAL NUMBERS 844164. WHERE CAN I FIND INFO ON WHEN AND WHERE MADE AND SOME IDEA OF VALUE?

A friend of mine gave me his in trade for some old Wilson golf clubs. This baby has been through the ringer, but it has held togther like a Sherman tank! Mine is very rare, in that it is a glossed plywood finish with no paint and a maple fretboard. I replaced the hardware, got the frets filed, replaced the nut, threw in a GFS classic staggered pickup in the bridge position, had a full professional setup done and this thing is as good if not better than many Gibson Les Pauls that I have ever played. This thing is the Holy Grail for me. I absolutely love it. The tone is very sweet and the sustain is better than any of my Stratocaters! Hold on to that guitar! A lot of people are snatching up those Lotus axes and other late 70's early 80's Japanese guitars because their value is now being fully realized.
Good luck and ROCK ON!

-Scott

Re: LOTUS LES PAUL..... dinky linky

: TRYING TO FIND INFO ON THE LOTUS LES PAUL EDITION HAS SERIAL NUMBERS 844164. WHERE CAN I FIND INFO ON WHEN AND WHERE MADE AND SOME IDEA OF VALUE?

frank helps:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/1970guitars.html

there are some infos about lotus guitars......

I can't find anything either. Let me know when you find something.

the real answer is it's worth what someone will pay for it. I got mine at a pawn shop for 250 with original hardshell case. Needed a bit of setup and i'm not perfectly happy with the tuners and the pickups are a bit muddy but the bones of a great guitar are there. at least until i get me Gibson LP. it's the closest to the real thing i've played....

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.