SRV Strat serial numbers

Posted by Eric on Thu, 08/29/02 - 23:12:59.

What are some of the SRV Signature Strat's serial numbers if anyone knows? Is a serial number of SZ2108843 significant in anyway? Or do the fender people just slap any old serial number on the guitars?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: SRV Strat serial numbers

I wonder as well.. My SRV serial # is SE 926631 (the SE stands for Signature Edition) - which would seem to indicate a production year of '89 or '90 when I know for a fact that this model was not introduced into production until '92. Maybe I am in posession of a prototype. Stevie Ray Vaughn did indeed collaborate on this guitar model before his death in 1990. If anyone can offer any insight - it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks......

I too am looking for some insight into the SRV serial no. Anyone? From what I have been able to gather the only way to determine the age is by taking the neck off. Would appreciate any info re the Fender SE serial no.s

this is the only info ive seen on srv serial #'s http://www.stevieray.com/srv-strat.htm

however, MY srv sig strat is a SN XXXXXX not SE XXXXX
Why do all srvs have SE #'s and mind has a SN#

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.