elk echo amp guitar man )please reply martin!

Posted by mark on Thu, 03/27/03 - 06:22:38.

I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
Thanks Mark

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: elk echo amp guitar man )please reply martin!

: I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: Thanks Mark

: : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : Thanks Mark
Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : Thanks Mark
: Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

:::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

Re: elk echo amp guitar man ) careful!

: : : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : : Thanks Mark
: : Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: :::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

i am revising one myself. the heaters of the EL34 may draw too much heater-current! i calculated that 6L6 or 6V6 pair will be ok. recifier should be a GZ34 or 5U4B.
in the echo-amp, one pre-amp tube is NOT a 12ax7, because the heaters are wired differently.

cheers,

EJ

The tubes should be from behind left to right:GZ34,EL34,EL34
12Ax7,ECC85(that`s th one with the different heater wiring)
and 3x12AX7 or 7025.
Plate voltage at the EL34 is 420V,Bias - 35 V.
Wolfgang
: : : : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : : : Thanks Mark
: : : Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: : :::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

: i am revising one myself. the heaters of the EL34 may draw too much heater-current! i calculated that 6L6 or 6V6 pair will be ok. recifier should be a GZ34 or 5U4B.
: in the echo-amp, one pre-amp tube is NOT a 12ax7, because the heaters are wired differently.

: cheers,

: EJ

: The tubes should be from behind left to right:GZ34,EL34,EL34
: 12Ax7,ECC85(that`s th one with the different heater wiring)
: and 3x12AX7 or 7025.
: Plate voltage at the EL34 is 420V,Bias - 35 V.
: Wolfgang
: : : : : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : : : : Thanks Mark
: : : : Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: : : :::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

: : i am revising one myself. the heaters of the EL34 may draw too much heater-current! i calculated that 6L6 or 6V6 pair will be ok. recifier should be a GZ34 or 5U4B.
: : in the echo-amp, one pre-amp tube is NOT a 12ax7, because the heaters are wired differently.

: : cheers,

: : EJ
The Elk Guitarman amp is essentially a eb202s chasis. I owned one in the late 60s . It is a real nice amp. Don't use a 6L6. It requires 6CA7 or EL34 power tubes. The rectifier must be a 5AR4. (unless you convert to diodes. Be advised the high voltage may be to high) The other tube is a 6AQ8.

: : : : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : : : Thanks Mark
: : : Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: : :::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

: i am revising one myself. the heaters of the EL34 may draw too much heater-current! i calculated that 6L6 or 6V6 pair will be ok. recifier should be a GZ34 or 5U4B.
: in the echo-amp, one pre-amp tube is NOT a 12ax7, because the heaters are wired differently.

: cheers,

: EJ

: : : : : : I´m still fixing my ELK guitar/man echo amp. I waNT To replace the valves± which ones should I use? there are 5 preamp/valves and 3 big ones. Please help me, I´m affraid I´ve bought the wrong ones(EL34)
: : : : : : Thanks Mark
: : : : Mark - A long time ago I had an Elk amplifier that I bought in Japan. The big tubes [the output tubes] can be el 34. they are just an Military version of 6L6 tubes which were in the original. The small tubes farthest away from the big ones are 12ax7. I cannot remember the two other tubes. One next to the big tubes and the one which drives the tremelo. I am looking for a schematic for the Elk. Do you have one that you could send me a copy. Hope this helps a little bit.

: : : :::I have another ELK amplifier in the same way, without tubes, probably the first valve seeing for the back , left to right is a rectifier,the next two EL84 and the others 12 AX7?

: : i am revising one myself. the heaters of the EL34 may draw too much heater-current! i calculated that 6L6 or 6V6 pair will be ok. recifier should be a GZ34 or 5U4B.
: : in the echo-amp, one pre-amp tube is NOT a 12ax7, because the heaters are wired differently.

: : cheers,

: : EJ

Hey guys thanks for the info. I bought a twin amp 50 but didn't know which tubes went into which sockets. Thanks to Wolfgang and Eric, I now understand that and why the filaments are wired differently for the ECC85 tube.

Don

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.