Recco guitar

Posted by Wes Love on Wed, 07/09/03 - 21:43:35.

I was wondering if anyony could tell me where i can get some information on my guitar. My grandfather gave it to me, and it was his father's before him. It's a solid body electric and its quite thin. The only clue i have as to it's make is the word "Recco" printed on the headstock. Ive searched everywhere for keyword "recco" at guitar databases with no luck. If anyone knows anything please email me, thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Rocco: found a Recco 6-string

Model RA-154 acoustic purchased at a hard sale this AM...Can't find any info about it either. Has amazing sound!!!

RA-154

Hello, My name is Don and I also have a Recco Model Ra-154 and was hoping you found some information on it. I searched the web pretty much everywhere and I cannot find the guitar. my email is dyeagle@lhup.edu if

Recco classical?

Just bought a Recco classical for twenty bucks.A college girl.A beautiful girl, not the guitar.I am retired and she will be the perfect learning experience for me!Warm her up!Grind her down all the way!Strip her NAKED!Stain and refinish in satin!The guitar is a project in need!The college girl?A dream indeed!

Recco bass

I recently started playing bass again
after several years. My wife had a Recco bass
that belonged to her grandfather who
passed away in the 90's. I tried it out
through my old Peavey TNT 100 (I bought
new in 1979) and it sounds good. I had
borrowed a Scheckter (sp?) and I actually
like the sound of the Recco better. I
may hang on to this one and play it
a while.

1952 recco hollow body jazz guitar

I got a 1952 recco jazz gutiar, it's(she) sunburst with a wood pick guard, and, though I had to repace the mechines
with Grovers it purrs like a kitten! nick-named Jazzy, I recived her on christmas eve 2013, and she's the best guitar,that i own! out of 19! in case your'e wondering why,I kept on this misson, I would like to know if it is rare? the frets, are slightly fanned, the tag in side the f-hole says recco japan and her serial number is 60,dose this make it (her) early?

thanks Ttoko.

Recco Classical guitar

I just bought an unnamed classical through e-Bay for $30 and may have identified it as a Recco as the curvature of the fingerboard above the sound hole matches a Recco currently being offered on e-Bay (5/4/12). I repair/rebuild old acoustics as a sideline and was absolutely blown away by the sound of this guitar. With medium/hard tension cheap strings, it has excellent sustain (particularly good in the upper register) without metallic overtones in the bass and the overall balance is quite good. The bass has the deep resonant tone similar to my Goya G-20, but out performs the G-20 in the upper register and has a more bell like quality in the mid-range. All in all, I am completely amazed at the sound and ease of play of this $30 beater, and it is highly unlikely I will ever sell it.

Recco hollow body

My first guitar was a Recco hollow body strung with steel strings. I received it in 1969 when I was 11 years old. I played it exclusively until I was 14 when I got a 12 string. I restrung the Recco with nylon and used it for my classical lessons until I got a proper classical guitar. I sold the guitar at a garage sale in 2000 for about $15 and ironically, it had been purchased at a discount store in the 60's in Madison, WI called "Treasure Island" for $15! (The store was a division of JCPenney, I believe and similar to WalMart in its day.)

I am looking for a hollow body Recco to hang on the wall with some other guitars. If you come across one, please email me at LeslieLenox16@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Re: Recco guitar

: I was wondering if anyony could tell me where i can get some information on my guitar. My grandfather gave it to me, and it was his father's before him. It's a solid body electric and its quite thin. The only clue i have as to it's make is the word "Recco" printed on the headstock. Ive searched everywhere for keyword "recco" at guitar databases with no luck. If anyone knows anything please email me, thanks.

I have a recco guitar with a red to black finish that I bought from somebody I knew. It doesn't seem like it's from the late 60's, more like the late 50's, It might be fiberglass with a wood laminate, it has one rickenbacker style neck pickup, and that's it. I bought it in a completely unaltered state, except for the tuning heads which had been replaced because I thing the D,G, and B string tuners had rusted closed.

I recently ran across a Recco bass on sale in guitar centeres used section on their website. I have owned a similar one for a few months but had no clue as to the make. The style unconfusable. I had no clue of tracing it do to the fact that I literally pulled it out of a wall we smashed down.

It is a late 60's style hollowbody bass with sunburst paint, two humbuck or double coil puckups, and a volume-pickup-tone pot setup. The paint is pretty shot and I did some sanding to the bridge to make it have a playable action but the electrons completely work however a little statically when in transition.

OK, I will tell you what I know. I got a brand new Recco solid body for my birthday in 1966. It was purchased by my mother at a departments store in suburban Detroit (I picked it out). On the same rack were Teisco Del Rays and Silvertones. It was a short scale neck, with chrome pick guard. Two white block pickups. It was cherry red center fading to black edges. one slide switch & volume & tone knobs for both pickups. I never saw them in any normal music store, and we had several large ones on the area. It was just over $100.
I would be interested in purchasing one if someone would part with it. Don't expect much money for it... I'd just like to have one again. It certainly won't replace my SG.
Dennis

Wow my friend just bought one today at the flea market for $8. I can't find any info anywhere except here.

I have a recco too. its cherry red inside fadeing to black. looks good but i need to fix it up and replace basically everything. i dont know anyone who has one where im from and i wanted to know if its worth the few extra bucks to fix it up or get a new guitar.

i have one exactly like yours cherry red to black don't know much about them

Made in Japan has a steel reinforced neck. It has a steel plate stamped Made in Japan

Recco guitar

Did you guys ever find out about the recco acoustic?

: i have one exactly like yours cherry red to black don't know much about them .....Ahh, the mystery of the RECCO. I have a late 60's hollow bodied electric. 3 knobs, 2 pickups,square pearl inlay in some frets. Red "recco" plate tag. Black protector for strumming? Red and black (burst?) I was 10 when a friend bought it for me. I also still have the silver tone amp with tubes and foot pedal stuff. I'm trying to find someone to restore it. Made in Japan on neck reinforcer in back. Dead end search keeps bringing me here..over and over so here's my addition to the mystery. Sorry, I'm no help!

i have a red hollow body recco guitar. it has no hardware though i wish some one had one of these so they could send me a picture so i could restore it to look like it did originally....i love the way it plays.

I have a red hollow body electric recco. My father gave it to me, he got in somewhere around 1969-70 I think, and i don't know if it was new or used when he got it.

: I have a red hollow body electric recco. My father gave it to me, he got in somewhere around 1969-70 I think, and i don't know if it was new or used when he got it.
:
send a picture of it to warrioreggman@yahoo.com

I have one exactly like it, and it is a beautiful playing as well as looking guitar. I totally disassembled mine to give it a once over. For the record, mine has only two knobs and two slider switches(Older model). Controls are housed on a front loading control plate(very nice for working on electronics on hollowbodies like this. Okay Recco's were made in Japan. They did make student and intermediate guitars, but also made some higher end copy models. Some play EXTREMELY well others not so well, THEN again if I were to go buy a Big name "F" or "G" name say I would play probably 20 before I found the ONE. Anyway I digress, Fit and finish for the most part on these guitars is good. Neck Pocket and Neck Heel look as though they were made for each other, ZERO gaps or shimming inside, all signs of good work. You have to remember Japanese Craftsmen of this time were just that Craftsmen. They took great pride in their work. The old Japanese guitars were and still are by many, considered substandard, but look at the CBS "F's". JUNK! Recco's are getting VERY hard to find, and one's with the original parts are even harder. Pickups and electronics(Pots and switches) are the EXACT same as those found on the early Kingston Guitars also made in Japan. Kingston's were made from 1958-1967, so I would say the Recco's are the same although I have found no hard dates on them. I can tell you one thing I am NOT certain of value, but I do know in the hands of some who can play guitar proficiently you can make some sweet sounds. Feel free to email at Chrispickett1@yahoo.com
: i have a red hollow body recco guitar. it has no hardware though i wish some one had one of these so they could send me a picture so i could restore it to look like it did originally....i love the way it plays.

: i have a red hollow body recco guitar. it has no hardware though i wish some one had one of these so they could send me a picture so i could restore it to look like it did originally....i love the way it plays.

I HAVE A RECCO HOLLOW BODY ELECTRIC WOULD LIKE TO SELL DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S WORTH CARL 314 3556430

just gave this kid a recco all original

314-605-4211 his name is Pat Dolan in St Louis, MO
it was in a basement for 30 plus years! He has pics or email me dwbball@sbcglobal.net. its complete except for knobs everythings there. He may sell it he wants a fender.

I also have a Recco that my grandfather gave me back in the early 90's. It's a red hollow body with three knobs (2 tone, 1 volume) 2 pickups (each with a seperate on/off switch) and a wammy bar. It definately looks to be from the 60's, and I was just wandering if anyone knew the price range this could be sold at. From what I've dug up, these things must be pretty rare. No one hardly has one!
Thanks for your help
Cody

: I also have a Recco that my grandfather gave me back in the early 90's. It's a red hollow body with three knobs (2 tone, 1 volume) 2 pickups (each with a seperate on/off switch) and a wammy bar. It definately looks to be from the 60's, and I was just wandering if anyone knew the price range this could be sold at. From what I've dug up, these things must be pretty rare. No one hardly has one!
: Thanks for your help
: Cody

Cody I traded a man a 20 gau. single shot shotgun for one just like you described at a yardsale. If you find out anything please e-mail me. thanks, TL

I found a recco at a thriftstore for $20. Small solidbody teisco-like with 4 pickups, metal pickguard, and whammy mechanism (although quite different from the whammies you find on teiscos). Of course, the finish was shot, 2 of the tuners had at some point been replaced, the bridge was trashed -- but the electronics work (although quite microphonic). A fun project!

: : I also have a Recco that my grandfather gave me back in the early 90's. It's a red hollow body with three knobs (2 tone, 1 volume) 2 pickups (each with a seperate on/off switch) and a wammy bar. It definately looks to be from the 60's, and I was just wandering if anyone knew the price range this could be sold at. From what I've dug up, these things must be pretty rare. No one hardly has one!
: : Thanks for your help
: : Cody

: Cody I traded a man a 20 gau. single shot shotgun for one just like you described at a yardsale. If you find out anything please e-mail me. thanks, TL

: I found a recco at a thriftstore for $20. Small solidbody teisco-like with 4 pickups, metal pickguard, and whammy mechanism (although quite different from the whammies you find on teiscos). Of course, the finish was shot, 2 of the tuners had at some point been replaced, the bridge was trashed -- but the electronics work (although quite microphonic). A fun project!

:
: : : I also have a Recco that my grandfather gave me back in the early 90's. It's a red hollow body with three knobs (2 tone, 1 volume) 2 pickups (each with a seperate on/off switch) and a wammy bar. It definately looks to be from the 60's, and I was just wandering if anyone knew the price range this could be sold at. From what I've dug up, these things must be pretty rare. No one hardly has one!
: : : Thanks for your help
: : : Cody

: : Cody I traded a man a 20 gau. single shot shotgun for one just like you described at a yardsale. If you find out anything please e-mail me. thanks, TL

I might like to buy the 4-pickup one. Could you send me some pics? You said you bought it for 20, I'll pay more.
My email is ian123@live.com

Looking to buy that red hollow body recco...would love to see pics and make an offer

The Interview with "Children" about their RECCO is now at this WWWeb Address:
http://www.nationofxi.com/hxi/children/children_scene.htm

I bought a bass second hand and all I know about it is that it says "Recco" on the headstock. I just want to know if I got screwed out of $80 for this thing.

I am amazed that someone else has an unidentfiable "RECCO"! We are trying to find another seven just like the one in one of our houses, but are yet unable to define it's specific origin. Please email us your email address and any info you find and we will be more than happy to send any information that we gather up. So far the trail seems to lead more toward Greece or Italy rather than to Mexico or Brasil as had first thought. houseofxi@yahoo.com
Dig This!
http://www.cosmicdreams.org/itn/itn_shows/scene/behind_the_scene.htm
Is this not the best testimonial for a Magically
Special guitar brand or what!

i just bought a recco hollowbody. any more info on them?

i am greek, so if they are from greece that would be cool.

Recco was a music company from Japan in the late 60's/early 70's with a distribution office in the US. they made beginner/student guitars and tube & solid state combo amps. that's all i know.

Hi Wes,

I was wondering if you had any luck? I have an acoustic left handed guitar with the only clue on it's origin being Recco as well. I know that doesn't help you at all, but you aren't alone out there!!
dawn

Recco Solidbody

Does anyone have a brown sunburst solid body they would like to sell?

Recco

Did you find your guitar? I just come across a recco acoustic

I have a recco model T154 and would like to know the cost and year. God Bless

My husband and I have just bought several instruments from a musician's estate. One of them is a red, Recco hollow-body electric guitar. Evidently the old gentleman played a lot of jazz music with the biggies around Detroit back in his day. If the guitar was made in the early 60's as mentioned here, then the guitar is still in pretty good condition. If there was a whammy, it is missing now though. It is possibly one of the older ones with two pickups and two switches, tone and volume knob. It will be going on eBay soon. Anyone know anything about value? fiddler1942@yahoo.com

I have an Recco acoustic guitar right handed and it is stamped Japan. Want to buy it?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.