Barcley Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Walter on Mon, 03/03/03 - 12:25:45.

i have a guitar that i found in my roommates storage unit and it is pretty old looking with and palm muting deal near the bridge
it looks like it is straight out of the 70's if anyone might have any info on this guitar i would like and e-mail thanks

walter

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Barcley Guitar

I have a Barcley from 60s too. Barcley is not Barclay! Barclay is a pretty well known american brand. There are hundreds of thousands barclays in the world. And I guess there are only few Barcleys.

I have no idea what the value of the Barcley I have is. I tried to search it on Google but it only showed me Barclays. I don't know what year it is either. Any help?

Barcley Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Barcley Guitar

I have a 1967 Barclar. It's an "ice tea" burst hallow body manufactured by Harmony Guitars. My serial number is 7522H74-3 F67 (Fall 1967). Mine looks like a combination H74 model and a "Rocket" model. It has a Harmony trem and Rowe DeArmond PU's. It's very KOOL! I believe that Barclar was a brand name used by a dept. chain and Harmoney made the guitars...

Re: BARCLAY Guitar

Correction - my guitar is a "BARCLAY". I mis-spelled it in my previous message...

Re: Barclay Guitar

I recently found an accoustic barclay in my grandmother's closet, apparently its from the mid 70's, it is made of some light hardwood, has very cheap tuners and an arched fretboard. The only writing i can find on it is "barclay" and "steel reinforced neck" it has a pretty severe crack and the neck is seperating from the body but it sounds decent enough to fix.

There seems to be two different kinds of Barcley
guitars around. One type was made in Japan and the
other was made in the Midwest. I know a little about
the ones in the Midwest.

Back in the late 1970's, early 1980s the Barcley
Brothers had a shop in my home town of Bartonville,
Illinois, just south of Peoria. The brothers hand
made jazz archtop quitars. I didn't have the $1500
they wanted for a new one back then, but I did have
them work on my Martin. They flattened the frets on
the Martin. I noticed at that time that all the frets
on the Barcleys were flat.

The jazz player Mary Osbourne played a Barcley for a
while. They are nice guitars if you find one in nice condition.

: i have a guitar that i found in my roommates storage unit and it is pretty old looking with and palm muting deal near the bridge
: it looks like it is straight out of the 70's if anyone might have any info on this guitar i would like and e-mail thanks

: walter

hey I recently found your folowup and I have a 67 Barclay that says "Barclay USA Chicago, Illinois" it has one single PU everything but 2 screws are original the headstock has slight damage but elsewhere there is no visible or structural damage

Just wanting some info if youve found it

Lonnie

Re: Barclay Guitar

My dad has a Barclay guitar as well. It's a gorgeous mahogany acoustic with a white pick guard. Decent sound to it as well. I asked him and my mother when they got it, it's believed around the early 70's sometime. Aside from that, I can find no info on them, nor does there appear to be any on EBay.

Barclay Acoustic Guitars

I have a 1962 Barclay acoustic (22 Fret), i put brand new GHS strings on it 3 weeks ago, and all I know is that it was manufactured in Japan.

Barclay Acoustic Guitars

I have a 1962 Barclay acoustic (22 Fret), i put brand new GHS strings on it 3 weeks ago, and all I know is that it was manufactured in Japan.

:We have a barcley guitar. It has model # R130. Anybody know where I can get info. on it. Doesn't seem to be much around. thanks

:D. Fry

Barcley Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Barcley Guitar

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.