Re: Galanti Guitars

Posted by Will on Mon, 01/22/01 - 16:45:23.

I have three Galantis. One is Sunburst with 2 pickups and a natural colored headstock. It works and plays beautifully. The second is a Red one with a matching headstock,
two pickups and beautiful pearloid tuning peg buttons. This model is called the "Starfire." The neck on this one, however, is cracked and I have used parts from this one on
my other 2 Galantis for restoration purposes. The best one is my Greenburst, 3 pickup Galanti "Grandprix"! The tremolo tailpiece was completely ripped out of the body, but
thankfully, no harm was done to the body of the guitar, and I changed out the tremolo piece from the red one with the cracked neck. The green one is may favorite, appearance
wise, and it seems to play and sound the nicest. Due to the body shape and sound and appearance of these guitars, I must say that they are among my favorite guitars, next to
the Fender Jazzmaster. The Galanti company mainly manufactured Accordians, but, in the sixties, as rock music gained popularity, Galanti started manufacturing guitars. I am
not sure how long this lasted, and if anyone knows, I'd love it if they would e-mail me and let me know. It is next to impossible to find out any information on these cool guitars.
If I ever see them, (I have only seen about 8 of them in my entire life!), usually there is a piece broken off of them, whatever the piece is. I doubt that Galanti still makes guitars,
and I have not seen anything remotely close to a "NEW" Galanti guitar. Actually, I am not even sure the company is in business. Anyway, if anyone knows......

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Galanti Bass

I have one i purchased new in 1964 Burgundy sunburst.
Does anyone know it's value? It is in Mint condition.
I am considering selling it.
Nick

Galanti Hollowbody

I've owned a sunburst Galanti Hollowbody for almost 22 years now. I can't pretend to know anything about guitars, but I would love to get more information on my guitar. I can post photos if you are interested.

I CAN, however, pass on some info about Galanti and the research I did. Galanti was an Italian company that made accordians. During the sixties, the company jumped on the rock 'n' roll bandwagon and designed guitars for several years eventually changing to designing organs. I can't seem to locate any manufacturers that know anything about them though.

I would love to know more about the guitar. Please help!

Hi, I sold a green Galanti on Ebay a month or so ago and got almost $1300. for her....I've seen so many Galantis at Ebay but none in her condition....she was near mint.....I just thought I'd give it a go at Ebay to check out the market....man was I shocked.....Now I need to find a few parts for a Galanti hollow body I have....it should fetch alot more money...

Galanti Hollowbody

I have a Galanti Hollowbody for sale. Technical in great condition. Everything works. Only there is a crack in one side of the body. So I sell the guitar for spare parts, like the neck, pickups, etcetera. Anybody interested?

This is amazing. I've had a Galanti Sunburst for about 25 years. It's what I learned to play on. It belonged to my Step Dad's Dad. It was bought at Pizzi's Music in Chicago. The address on the label has "Chicago 22" instead of a zip code, so this guitar was bought, at least before 1964 or 1965. It is a rare and nice looking instrument but I didn't think it was this rare. I\m grateful that you guys have taken the time to post this info. Thanks a lot.

: This is amazing. I've had a Galanti Sunburst for about 25 years. It's what I learned to play on. It belonged to my Step Dad's Dad. It was bought at Pizzi's Music in Chicago. The address on the label has "Chicago 22" instead of a zip code, so this guitar was bought, at least before 1964 or 1965. It is a rare and nice looking instrument but I didn't think it was this rare. I\m grateful that you guys have taken the time to post this info. Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know how to bypass the ciruit I've read about.
Apparently removing it really opens up the pickups.
I have the three pickup model and it sounds very muddy.

I had one just like it many, many years ago.
That's why I bought this, but I do remember it sounding brighter.

Thanks

I saw that one! I couldn't believe it sold for that much. It's pretty cool seeing that, cause now I have an idea of what my green one is worth. I probably won't sell it though. That first post I made was years ago. I can't believe it's still up....I don't even play my Galanti anymore. It just sits near mint in its case. I may sell the parts one I have......

Hi, I sold a green Galanti on Ebay a month or so ago and got almost $1300. for her....I've seen so many Galantis at Ebay but none in her condition....she was near mint.....I just thought I'd give it a go at Ebay to check out the market....man was I shocked.....Now I need to find a few parts for a Galanti hollow body I have....it should fetch alot more money...

I have a nice lookin Galanti in great condition. White inverted "z" shape pickgaurd... Red with the black on the outside. I dont know what the model is but its pretty nice.

: I have a nice lookin Galanti in great condition. White inverted "z" shape pickgaurd... Red with the black on the outside. I dont know what the model is but its pretty nice.

i think i have the same guitar as you. the pickguard doesnt match the shape of the guitar does it? .. if you have any pics of yours, id like to see em!

help
I have a 1965 guild galanti
is that what you folks are discussing here
I am looking for info
it is a hollow body electric jazz style with sunburst

help
I have a 1965 guild galanti
is that what you folks are discussing here
I am looking for info
it is a hollow body electric jazz style with sunburst

Ciao!

I have a problem!
I have a Galanti sGR50 guitar Amp. for maintenance!

Ineed the shematics!!!!!! Can you help me???

I try to find some, but no chance!

Best regardes

Marco from germany

the shcematics for galanti amp

I have a Galanti amp with the schematics inside the back do you still need them it may help?

Marco-
I have no information on the amp schematics, much less any guitar information other than word of mouth stuff. Anyway....Good luck- I'd love to see a picture of the amp-

: Ciao!

: I have a problem!
: I have a Galanti sGR50 guitar Amp. for maintenance!

: Ineed the shematics!!!!!! Can you help me???

: I try to find some, but no chance!

: Best regardes

: Marco from germany

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.