Jedson Guitars

Posted by Chris on Wed, 06/27/01 - 07:38:18.

I have just been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and am looking for some information on these guitars can you help.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Jedson Guitars

The 1st bass I ever owned was a Jedson. I bought it in 79 for £40 and it was tatty then, looked a good 10 yrs old. It seems to be a copy of Gibson's EB Bass (y' know, like a bass version of the Angus Young guitar, is it called the SG?) I still own it. Essentially a basic copy guitar. I've never seen one like it mind...I'd be interested if anyone else had...

Hey guys, i was trawling ebay for guitars and a Jedson les paul popped up, it was a good price so i tried checking for Jedson websites, with no avail. I found your post and read about dallas arbiter, searching for this i found the following web site. Hope this helps you. http://home.earthlink.net/~iktoblikto/history_2.htm

: I have just been given a Jedson guitar as a gift and am looking for some information on these guitars can you help.

Hello Chris

I don't know if this helps, but anyway.....

A call from a danish guitarist.

I've just seen your stuff on the net, and though it is quite old now I find that I must react , and I hope this will reach you.
You are asking about facts upon your guitar named Jedson - apparently an elctric guitar. Mayby i can enlighten you a little bit.
Well I can tell you that I'm the happy owner of a Jedson accoustic Jumbo western model, which is now well over 30 years old and getting better and better. This guitar of mine has from time to time been a subject to admiration, and some have even tried to buy it from me, but I was of course not interested. I keep my guitars for many many years.
If this is the same brand, I can tell you that the manufacturer of your guitar is a certain Dallas Arbiter (I don't know the guy - sorry) which, according to the tag, inside the guitar was an english guitarbuilder, and he eventually had them built in Japan, because mine is produced in Japan, but referred to as an english brand.
So your guitar is probably his work. If you find out anything about Arbiter, I would be very interested to know. I have also - like you - wondered who is the master of my guitar.

i got my dads jedson, which i assume he got in late 60's early 70's. cream telecaster shape with strat type headstock and one single coil pickup. strange bridge set up, and quite a chunky neck. has a fret at '0', which needs replacing volume and tone control. any info would be greatly appreciated. i have now respyaed it with a union jack, which looks better than the original cream. apparently theres a site for jedson - if anyone finds it tell me please!!

I have a Jedson Les Paul copy which I bought secondhand in the UK in about 1974. It has a natural top and looks very much like Mick Ronson's guitar he used throughout the Ziggy period (which is why I bought it in the first place). All the electrics and knobs are missing and I'd love to restore it as it was a lovely guitar to play. I can track down most bits that need to be replaced but I need the cream/white beading that goes around the top edge of the face of the guitar body. Anybody know where I might be able to get hold of something like this in the UK? An email to my address would be most appreciated.

jedson les paul

Hi friend! I also have a Jedson Les Paul that I inherited from my father. I'm reply you because I don't know anything about this guitar. When I speak about my guitar with somebody, nobody knows Jedson's brand. I'm from portugal, I've been search about this guitar in portuguese forun's but I found nothing. Do you have any idea about the comercial price of this guitar? Do you want to share pictures of your guitar with me and vice-versa?

Thank you.
Regards,
Ricardo Domingues
ricardodomingues@live.com

I have a Jedson Bass.It´s a SG model (Gibson copy)
It´s candy apple red with a carved top.
It plays well and i wish i knew more about the origin of the Jedson´s.

: I have a Jedson bass guitar and am looking for some information on these guitars can you help.it looks like
a telecaster in cream condition reasonable works well.

I have a Jedson cream telecaster but know nothing about these guitars can you help?

i got a jedson as a birthday present in 1974,second hand and it was old then.It's a smaller strat like shape,red sunburst finish.On the back of the body it says" made in japan". Is there anybody, anywhere that knows a little about the history of these guitars.

I have had two Jedsons. A telecaster copy and a Les Paul. They were made in Japan, late 60s early 70s. I believe that Paul Weller started his career using a Jedson Les Paul copy.

I still have the LP which I bought second hand in 1975. I also have a Gibson LP Custom and a Standard which now put the Jedson into perspective. At the time and for the price a good quality copy.

:
jedsen guitars were late 60's to mid 70's fender lookalikes, they were cheap and fairly low spec but did the job. i think they are something to do with our japanese brothers

I bought a Jedson Black Les Paul Copy early 70's Beautiful action well worthnthe money still have it and plays like a dream

: :I had a Jedson bass in the late70's. It was like a gold top les paul but with a wooden floating bridge and a trapeze tailpiece. The Jedson name seemed to be applied to all sorts of guitars and basses.: jedsen guitars were late 60's to mid 70's fender lookalikes, they were cheap and fairly low spec but did the job. i think they are something to do with our japanese brothers

: : I have a Jedson bass guitar and am looking for some information on these guitars can you help.it looks like
: a telecaster in cream condition reasonable works well.

I have a Jedson cream telecaster but know nothing about these guitars can you help?

hi-I was given a Jedson lapsteel guitar a couple of years ago. Research has shown it to be a copy of the Fender Champ (not the amp). It sounds and plays really well and is that aged blonde telecaster colour. I have since discovered that Jedsons were built in Japan for I believe, Dallas of London, of the Dallas-Arbiter fame.
These I understand were all copies of well known but expensive instruments. Hope this is of some help,Nick

Hello Chris, I've got a Jedson bass. It's my first bass and I bought it second hand. I want to know about Jedson too. Someone help us!

: Hello Chris, I've got a Jedson bass. It's my first bass and I bought it second hand. I want to know about Jedson too. Someone help us!
Hello I'm Gary and I to have a Jedson guitar in my collection but I'm finding it hard to get info on it also, have you found out anything?

I've just bought a strat style jedson body as a project and i know absolutely nothing about it...it too me hours of googling to determine what type of guitar it even was....help me please

: : Hello Chris, I've got a Jedson bass. It's my first bass and I bought it second hand. I want to know about Jedson too. Someone help us!
: Hello I'm Gary and I to have a Jedson guitar in my collection but I'm finding it hard to get info on it also, have you found out anything?

Re: Jedson bass

hey there, i have a 1968 (i think) jedson bass...like a les paul shape to it, with switch and nobs all in same place. im not sure how much they are worth, can you please email me and let me know, or if you want a picture forwarding on to you. thanks allen

: : Hello there,Ive got a Jedson Bass and its an Gibson SG shape with all original fittings and a short scale neck.Like some of you its the loudest thing ive ever played and it weighs a ton but it sounds so good.Ive been only recently been researching it but made in Japan keeps on cropping up.Has anyone any new info yet?

: : Hello Chris, I've got a Jedson bass. It's my first bass and I bought it second hand. I want to know about Jedson too. Someone help us!
: Hello I'm Gary and I to have a Jedson guitar in my collection but I'm finding it hard to get info on it also, have you found out anything?

no i've had not found eny info ethir i have a jedson 1968 but have you found enything at all because i can't get enything on it i find my slef on the net 24 7
so if you found any thing at all can you e-mail me thanks

: Hi Gary & Chris, I own a 1974 Jedson Les paul copy bought it brand new in the same yearfor £70. I have been trying to track information on Jedson. I understand that they were made in Japan. Mine is still going although refretted several times! My Neck pick up appears to act as microphone the feedback this creates is great for "Gary Moore" type solos. It is also the Loudest guitar i have played on, although its a bit crappy without ant effects or overdriven.
I play it through a 1976 Fender Twin Reverb and a Sound City
2 X 12 speaker Cab. It also plays well through Pandora Box 2 Effects and through a Park overdriven with a Jenson Cry Baby Wha.

I will never sell this guitar but any info appreciated as well. If you wish to sell let me know. What coulors are your guitars mine and the only other one I have seen is a light yellowy wood "Bookend" type style, with a rosewood fretboard with two Di marzio type double pickups, like mine.

Regards Rick.

My guitar is sunburst rosewood colour. Very loud also.Single pick up appears to have the original machine heads. I have no idea how old it is but would not mind knowing. Anyway to find out. I also heard they were originally made in japan but know nothing else.
Anybody else had any luck.

: : Hi Gary & Chris, I own a 1974 Jedson Les paul copy bought it brand new in the same yearfor £70. I have been trying to track information on Jedson. I understand that they were made in Japan. Mine is still going although refretted several times! My Neck pick up appears to act as microphone the feedback this creates is great for "Gary Moore" type solos. It is also the Loudest guitar i have played on, although its a bit crappy without ant effects or overdriven.
: I play it through a 1976 Fender Twin Reverb and a Sound City
: 2 X 12 speaker Cab. It also plays well through Pandora Box 2 Effects and through a Park overdriven with a Jenson Cry Baby Wha.

: I will never sell this guitar but any info appreciated as well. If you wish to sell let me know. What coulors are your guitars mine and the only other one I have seen is a light yellowy wood "Bookend" type style, with a rosewood fretboard with two Di marzio type double pickups, like mine.

: Regards Rick.

:
: : : Hello Chris, I've got a Jedson bass. It's my first bass and I bought it second hand. I want to know about Jedson too. Someone help us!
: : Hello I'm Gary and I to have a Jedson guitar in my collection but I'm finding it hard to get info on it also, have you found out anything?

Hi Rick, i have a Jedson guitar and a Jedson bass, both are for sale if your interested, the bass has no strings or bridge, the guitar is in working order, it has a shagged pickup at the bridge end, but still works,
it has been painted psychedelic, make me an offer, i don't want much for them, i am in the U.K.

: Hi Rick, i have a Jedson guitar and a Jedson bass, both are for sale if your interested, the bass has no strings or bridge, the guitar is in working order, it has a shagged pickup at the bridge end, but still works,
: it has been painted psychedelic, make me an offer, i don't want much for them, i am in the U.K.

: : Hi Rick, i have a Jedson guitar and a Jedson bass, both are for sale if your interested, the bass has no strings or bridge, the guitar is in working order, it has a shagged pickup at the bridge end, but still works,
: : it has been painted psychedelic, make me an offer, i don't want much for them, i am in the U.K.

Can you send a picture if you have one and how much do you want for it or maybe swap for something I have.

: Hi Gary & Chris, I own a 1974 Jedson Les paul copy bought it brand new in the same yearfor £70. I have been trying to track information on Jedson. I understand that they were made in Japan. Mine is still going although refretted several times! My bridge pick up appears to act as microphone the feedback this creates is great for "Gary Moore" type solos. I will never sell this guitar but ant info appreciated as well.

Regards Rick.
I paid £70.

Hello I'm Gary and I to have a Jedson guitar in my collection but I'm finding it hard to get info on it also, have you found out anything?

RE: Hello everyone,

I have a Telecaster style Jedson guitar that I bought from ebay last year. I know for certain that Jedson is (or was) indeed a Japanese company, and that they made the telecaster-esque model for Woolworths in the 60s.

It was like a poor man's Telecaster, really - but I own a Telecaster and have done for years, and I have to say that in my opinion, the Jedson looks and sounds better, and has much more character. Eevery bugger owns a Tele, but not a Jedson. I like the way the head stock dwarves the body, and that in actual fact - it sounds nowt like
a Tele! I have since the Tele shaped Bass version
floating about on ebay, and would love one.

Hi, I have a Telecaster shaped Jedson bass which I have owned from new since 1973 ,even playing a couple of gigs with it .This is a short scale bass which now almost looks like a toy to me .These were definitely Japanese made ,and Jedson also did a Gibson SG shaped bass which was longer scale , but still not full sized as far as I remember .I could be tempted to sell mine for the right offer .It is tobacco sunburst in good condition except that one of the two pickup selector switches has snapped off ( it has 2 pickups ).You can still select this pickupby using the tip of your plectrum to poke it on/off .Otherwise the bass plays well and keeps in tune remarkably , with generally good quality components .

I have a Jedson LesPaul copy in black,definately made in Japan,(plate on back)serial no.0198884,plays really well,paid 100 quid for it in Hereford(UK)don't Know any more about it,but would be interested.Cheers,Gav.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.