Fenix electric guitars

Posted by Chris on Thu, 05/23/02 - 06:08:38.

i have an electric fenix "strat copy" i've been told its 15 years old. if you have any imformation on the i would be greatly happy to find out

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fenix electric guitars

Hey
Same here, i'm thinking about buying a Fenix strat with stacked humbuckers, but i can't seem to find any info about them. All i know is that they are Korean but the supplier for them in britain doesn't have anything on their site about them

: Hey
: Same here, i'm thinking about buying a Fenix strat with stacked humbuckers, but i can't seem to find any info about them. All i know is that they are Korean but the supplier for them in britain doesn't have anything on their site about them

Fenix guitars were made by Young Chang who used to make guitars for Fender Japan. When Fender quit making in Japan Young Chang started his own company. A retail outlet in Scotland bought a huge ammount of stock and sold them on a mail order basis. The guitars are usually well made and reasonably finished, in fact, worth more than their meagre retail price from £90-£150, depending on the model.
I managed to find one in a junk shop and bought it for £60. It needed a good clean and a set up but once this was accomplished it played very well. The pickups were made to look like Fender Lace Sensors and were OK but not great. I've subsequently loaded it with Seymour Duncan pickups ( alnico pro,neck, reverse-wound alnico pro middle and little screamin'demon humbucker in the bridge position ). It is now my main gigging guitar and produces all the sounds I need.

: : Hey
: : Same here, i'm thinking about buying a Fenix strat with stacked humbuckers, but i can't seem to find any info about them. All i know is that they are Korean but the supplier for them in britain doesn't have anything on their site about them

: Fenix guitars were made by Young Chang who used to make guitars for Fender Japan. When Fender quit making in Japan Young Chang started his own company. A retail outlet in Scotland bought a huge ammount of stock and sold them on a mail order basis. The guitars are usually well made and reasonably finished, in fact, worth more than their meagre retail price from £90-£150, depending on the model.
: I managed to find one in a junk shop and bought it for £60. It needed a good clean and a set up but once this was accomplished it played very well. The pickups were made to look like Fender Lace Sensors and were OK but not great. I've subsequently loaded it with Seymour Duncan pickups ( alnico pro,neck, reverse-wound alnico pro middle and little screamin'demon humbucker in the bridge position ). It is now my main gigging guitar and produces all the sounds I need.

This is an excert taken from a reveiw on harmony central (I hope the aurthor doesnt mind)

Don't forget that Fenix are made by Young Chang who made Strats for Fender - the story is that he made BETTER guitars under his own brand name of Fenix and this got him into trouble with Fender.I can understand why as well. This suburst model has the Fender shaped headstock and an earlier serial number than the other two guitars so could guess that these were 'lawsuit' models ( a well used term nowadays for anything resembling anything else) meaning that Young Chang had to change them.
Hence we now have the wider headstock (can't describe it any better than this because its unlike anything else) and the bevelled headstock. Regardless of the headstock shape, they all have the same quality build and feel to them. Tonally, they are similar (all 3 having the Lace Sensor looking stacked humbuckers).

For full reveiw see
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Fenix/Stratocaster_Copy-01.html

Fenian SL 93s acoustic/electric

Fenian fans,

I bought this guitar in Besancon in France in 2000. I was relatively skint at the time but made detours to go past the shop just to look at it because it was so beautiful. The finish is excellent and detail is the mark of an artisan of quality. It plays really well too. I bought it for 2400 Francs, about £250 and this instrument will never be sold. It will go to my son when I'm gone, I value it that much. Not a great tale but testimony to everything else I'm reading about Young Chang and his now defunct Fenix brand.

Matt. Edinburgh.

Fenian SL 93s acoustic/electric

Fenian fans,

I bought this guitar in Besancon in France in 2000. I was relatively skint at the time but made detours to go past the shop just to look at it because it was so beautiful. The finish is excellent and detail is the mark of an artisan of quality. It plays really well too. I bought it for 2400 Francs, about £250 and this instrument will never be sold. It will go to my son when I'm gone, I value it that much. Not a great tale but testimony to everything else I'm reading about Young Chang and his now defunct Fenix brand.

Matt. Edinburgh.

1993 fenix telecaster

have owned this guitar from new and purchased it for around £200 from the importer on mail order from Scotland, I use it mainly as my "Practice" hack so the frets are pretty worn and the paint finish is faded (the gold finish hardware wore away quickly from day one) The body has cream binding and it was very pretty when new......it is also extremely heavy (I,m sure it has a mahogany body). The playability on the neck is tremendous, better than any of the American Fenders I have owned since I've had the Fenix........I am considering selling my current "Fat Strat Texas Special" and spending a few quid on the Fenix to replace the pick-ups, machine-heads and get a re-fret as it is obviously let down in these areas compared to the Strat as it was less than a quarter of the price new........I'd like to hear from anyone who has modded a Fenix with regards to cost and final results!

Fenix Telecaster

I bought a Fenix TC-30 in 1991 from Musikhaus Thomann in Germany. This guitar features a mahogany-body with Birdseye-maple veneer on top (and rear!!!). The body is fully bound in cream on top and the under-side. The finish is a beautiful purple-burst, all hardware is gold-plated. The price was then a ridiculous DM 239! The bridge is the same as it was used on some Fender Elite Teles. In 2001, I changed the PUs for a Broadcaster Set STL-1B/STL-1R. It sounds fantastic. However, because of my preference of ebony over rosewood fingerboards., I had a special neck made (Birdseye maple base / ebony fb) which enhanced sustain and clarity even more. I still have it, as it is, but now facing the first problems with the tarnishing of the gold-parts. Anyway, I will still keep and play it.

: : : Hey
: : : Same here, i'm thinking about buying a Fenix strat with stacked humbuckers, but i can't seem to find any info about them. All i know is that they are Korean but the supplier for them in britain doesn't have anything on their site about them

: : Fenix guitars were made by Young Chang who used to make guitars for Fender Japan. When Fender quit making in Japan Young Chang started his own company. A retail outlet in Scotland bought a huge ammount of stock and sold them on a mail order basis. The guitars are usually well made and reasonably finished, in fact, worth more than their meagre retail price from £90-£150, depending on the model.
: : I managed to find one in a junk shop and bought it for £60. It needed a good clean and a set up but once this was accomplished it played very well. The pickups were made to look like Fender Lace Sensors and were OK but not great. I've subsequently loaded it with Seymour Duncan pickups ( alnico pro,neck, reverse-wound alnico pro middle and little screamin'demon humbucker in the bridge position ). It is now my main gigging guitar and produces all the sounds I need.

: This is an excert taken from a reveiw on harmony central (I hope the aurthor doesnt mind)

: Don't forget that Fenix are made by Young Chang who made Strats for Fender - the story is that he made BETTER guitars under his own brand name of Fenix and this got him into trouble with Fender.I can understand why as well. This suburst model has the Fender shaped headstock and an earlier serial number than the other two guitars so could guess that these were 'lawsuit' models ( a well used term nowadays for anything resembling anything else) meaning that Young Chang had to change them.
: Hence we now have the wider headstock (can't describe it any better than this because its unlike anything else) and the bevelled headstock. Regardless of the headstock shape, they all have the same quality build and feel to them. Tonally, they are similar (all 3 having the Lace Sensor looking stacked humbuckers).

: For full reveiw see
: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Fenix/Stratocaster_Copy-01.html

I am from the UK and bought a Fenix Tele in 1993 from a shop in Ayr - it was s/h but almost new and cost me 200 quid which was quite a bit. I still have the guitar and play and record with it all the time. Great to play

I have a Fenix electric guitar, Strat tipe with 3 single pickups. Serial no is E9114461. I would like to know where is manufactured and when. The guitar is unbelivible good sound and finish. So I would like to now a realy price for it. I don't beleive that on net I cant find anything abouth it.

Fenix Guitars

I have a collection of these fabulous guitars 23 so far and all are great they were made by the Young Chang Factory in Korea as copies of mainly the Fender range although there are some Gibson Copies as well. Although it is thought they originally made for Fender it is very hard to prove this I have seen one Strat made in korea which probably came from Young Chan who was one of three brothers. Because of the quality of these Guitars they were eventually shut down by Fender little information is available as to how or where they are now.
If you are lucky enough to find one keep hold of it as they are getting harder to find and thus more valuable often seen on German ebay but hold thier prices well.

i swapped a jap strat for my 1981 fenix telecaster in 2001,it was in a music shop in manchester for 400.00 pounds, i had never heard of fenix at that time so rang a mate in liverpool who's knowledge of guitars is legendry who gave fenix a glowing thumbs up so i swapped the strat for the fenix telecaster and definately got the better deal.
the strat played and sounded good, the tele is superb.
i play classic rock and blues and the fenix is sweet as a nut going through a 100w marshall.
i dont use an overdrive pedal,i use the overdrive from the amp through a behringer hellbabe wah wah pedal and a behringer delay and a peavey chorus pedal,i get remarks about the sound and looks (slightly aged )of the guitar from other guitarist and many have offerd good money for it,but i always refuse, cos she's my baby...

i swapped a jap strat for my 1981 fenix telecaster in2001,it was in a music shop in manchester for#400.00, i had never heard of fenix at that time so rang a mate in liverpool who's knowledge of guitars is legendry who gave fenix a glowing thumbs up so i swapped the strat for the fenix telecaster and definately got the better deal.
the strat played and sounded good, the tele is superb.
i play classic rock and blues and the fenix ios sweet as a nut going through a 100w marshall.
i dont use an overdrive pedal,i use the overdrive from the amp through a behringer hellbabe wah wah pedal and a behringer delay and a peavey chorus pedal,i get remarks about the sound and looks (slightly aged )of the guitar from other guitarist and many have offerd good money for it,but i always refuse, cos she's my baby...

: : : Same here, i'm thinking about buying a Fenix strat with stacked humbuckers, but i can't seem to find any info about them. All i know is that they are Korean but the supplier for them in britain doesn't have anything on their site about them

: : Fenix guitars were made by Young Chang who used to make guitars for Fender Japan. When Fender quit making in Japan Young Chang started his own company. A retail outlet in Scotland bought a huge ammount of stock and sold them on a mail order basis. The guitars are usually well made and reasonably finished, in fact, worth more than their meagre retail price from £90-£150, depending on the model.
: : I managed to find one in a junk shop and bought it for £60. It needed a good clean and a set up but once this was accomplished it played very well. The pickups were made to look like Fender Lace Sensors and were OK but not great. I've subsequently loaded it with Seymour Duncan pickups ( alnico pro,neck, reverse-wound alnico pro middle and little screamin'demon humbucker in the bridge position ). It is now my main gigging guitar and produces all the sounds I need.

: This is an excert taken from a reveiw on harmony central (I hope the aurthor doesnt mind)

: Don't forget that Fenix are made by Young Chang who made Strats for Fender - the story is that he made BETTER guitars under his own brand name of Fenix and this got him into trouble with Fender.I can understand why as well. This suburst model has the Fender shaped headstock and an earlier serial number than the other two guitars so could guess that these were 'lawsuit' models ( a well used term nowadays for anything resembling anything else) meaning that Young Chang had to change them.
: Hence we now have the wider headstock (can't describe it any better than this because its unlike anything else) and the bevelled headstock. Regardless of the headstock shape, they all have the same quality build and feel to them. Tonally, they are similar (all 3 having the Lace Sensor looking stacked humbuckers).

Hi there guitar lovers, I`m playing a 12year old Fenix young chang, and I tell you all I bought It in groningen holland for only €50. I won`t sell it for a €1000 becouse I never played such a smooth guitar, just as good as a €2500 fender. I had a look at the finish inside Its kind of rough, but It sound perfect, and I bought a MANSON guitar in 2007 €2350 superb guitar guy`s the best i ever played on,, greetsszzz from me Jim cruppa Rock`n Rhythm&Blues

: : Fenix guitars were made by Young Chang who used to make guitars for Fender Japan. When Fender quit making in Japan Young Chang started his own company. A retail outlet in Scotland bought a huge ammount of stock and sold them on a mail order basis. The guitars are usually well made and reasonably finished, in fact, worth more than their meagre retail price from �90-�150, depending on the model.
: : I managed to find one in a junk shop and bought it for �60. It needed a good clean and a set up but once this was accomplished it played very well. The pickups were made to look like Fender Lace Sensors and were OK but not great. I've subsequently loaded it with Seymour Duncan pickups ( alnico pro,neck, reverse-wound alnico pro middle and little screamin'demon humbucker in the bridge position ). It is now my main gigging guitar and produces all the sounds I need.

Hi, I have a white Fenix Les Paul copy. Ive had it for around 17/18 years now and its the best guitar ive ever owned. Would love to find out more about the history of the guitar, but info hard to find.

I have a Fenix B-10 on loan and I'm amazed by this instrument. It did require a little truss rod tweaking and now it sounds and plays like a very expensive ABG. IF I could find a good case for it I'd turn in my AgnosticClub membership card. Thanks, K

I have just put my near mint condition fenix strat on ebay (user sap2amm8)for 7 days from 12 Dec 07

: : :hola hermandos low frecuency saludos. yo encontre por alli un baJO color hueso y esta bastante bueno ,versatil precensia buen sonido, pero de la madera no estoy muy informado,igual tiene buen sustain y bien pesado...tiene nmo de serie y eso...saludos de chile

mm, my dad bought me a fenix les paul shaped guitar ages ago, now that i play the guitar seriously, it is actually a pretty good guitar.. i have been told that it sounds tinny, but a hundred quid cheapo aint gonna sound like a custom shop gibson is it?!
but it looks good, especially since ive replaced all of the non electric hardware with gold ones. there are a few bad things about it like: bolt on neck, no glue. and a mahogany fingerboard, but its a pretty tough chappy, and while im saving up for the real thing, its a pretty good substitute i think...

I have a Fenix Telecaster by Young Chang, which is hollowed out in the top half and is fitted with a single pick-up and a double pick-up. The guitar is in brand new condition and has never been gigged. Could anyone tell me what it's value is ?.

: I have a Fenix Telecaster by Young Chang, which is hollowed out in the top half and is fitted with a single pick-up and a double pick-up. The guitar is in brand new condition and has never been gigged. Could anyone tell me what it's value is ?.
i am interesded in buying a fenix stadacaster

: : I have a Fenix Telecaster by Young Chang, which is hollowed out in the top half and is fitted with a single pick-up and a double pick-up. The guitar is in brand new condition and has never been gigged. Could anyone tell me what it's value is ?.
: i am interesded in buying a fenix stadacaster

how much is it worth

Another point to make out is in agreement with fender fenix guiatars could not be sold under the "fenix" brand name, so if u have one its illegal :P plus quite rare increasing the price
I currently own a japanese strat replica, got it 4 a bargin price and i'm sure its worth a hell of alot more, very good quility, nice neck nice to play.
Pickups?? might consider changing, but there ok i suppose

Re: Fenix acoustic guitars

:does anybody know the value of the acoustic six string with pick up.

My model # is SL-93S

: :does anybody know the value of the acoustic six string with pick up.

: My model # is SL-93S

: : :does anybody know the value of the acoustic six string with pick up.

: : My model # is SL-93S

If you still have it , it is worth a lot to me

: :does anybody know the value of the acoustic six string with pick up.

: My model # is SL-93S NU-S-L-93S

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.