Re: kiso-susuki guitar w-150

Posted by Rob on Mon, 08/27/07 - 07:29:23.

: hi, have a w-150, bought new in 1980 for $105aust ($115 retail). Cant tell you much about the company except that they probably began with violins and am pretty sure are the same mob responsible for the well known suzuki violin teaching method. The W-150 is a Martin copy, have had several Martin owners quite jealous of its sound. Difficult to say what it could sell for but if it is like mine and stays in tune months on end after 27 years would suggest you would have difficulty replacing the guitar with a new one of similar quality today under $2000! My advice, hang onto it! (can be improved by replacing adjustable bridge with solid bridge resting in bottom of bridge slot)

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

suzuki W 150

Had mine 20 years or more not sure where I got it from. Anyone know how to replace and adjust the bridge correctly . Interested if anyone using a bone saddle and nut. What radius should I use. Using 11-52 light strings at the moment. Great guitar- beats all others I have ever tried. Just bought a Seymour Duncan SA- pick up. When were they first manufactured. Mine made in Japan. No serial number.

John

grand suzuki w-150

I have a grand suzuki w-150. Does anyone have any idea how much they are worth?

w150

i have owned a w150 now for about 20 yrs .just brought a $900 g series takamine and my old w150 shits all over it. i think i just wasted $900 . never out of tune ,even though i broke the head of it ,was in two peices. got it fixed by a great instrument repairer named dan morgan .still the best accustic by far!!!

I've also got one, best tone ever. Action ranges from 0.9mm to 1.2mm. Best playing instrument I've ever palyed. Better than an original vintage Martin D-45. Mint condition, Worth in excess of 5 grand I reckon.

I have owned one too for 30 years - without doubt the best action and easy to play acoustic - paid from memory $125 with case - don't know how much its worth but would never sell it!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.