Re: KASUGA GUITARS

Advertisement
Posted by j Haynes on Fri, 04/09/10 - 23:52:27.

I reciently obtained an acoustic Kasuga on ebay. Model KF-420 1972 . It is a grand concert style. At first I thought I had gotten a lemon. The tuning Key on the G string was broken and caused a terrible rattle. I bought new tuning keys. The others were cheap and may have not been original. After putting on martin folk silk and steel strings and the new tuner machines I found that I had a great guitar. It rings with the spruce top and rosewood back. Just what I was hoping for when I bought it. great deal on a great guitar. Can't touch at ten times the price.

: I own a Kasuga Acoustic 6 string guitar. I also can't find any real information about Kasuga International either, but I can tell you about my guitar.

: I purchased my Kasuga guitar brand new in 1982. I believe it was made in the late 70's, and had been sitting around in this music dealer's house/shop for a few+ years. Model HC - 500. I believe it is a Martin D-50 copy. It is a very well crafted guitar. The tone is exeptional. Rosewood fretboard, solid spruce top, 2 piece back. Not sure if the back & sides are solid, but believe them to be Brazilian Rosewood. The only alterations I've made is, 1 - brass nut, 2 - brass saddle.

: A friend of mine, who owns a Martin, prefers the tone of my guitar over his, and I agree with him. I use light gage strings.

: Purchased in Prescott Onatrio Canada for $717.00 (CND $'s) (720 plus taxes).

: I've tried many guitars since I purchased my Kasuga, and I still love the action, sound, and feel of my guitar best. My Kasuga is a beautiful guitar. Best money I ever spent.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

question about the kasuga kf420

HI there,

I am writing because I recently acquired a kasuga gakki KF-420, and it's missing one bushing, gear and screw for the machine head, so I was wondering what exactly did you buy and where? I am looking to replace all of them, but have no idea how to figure out which ones would work/fit.
Any tips?

Thanks in advance!

Z

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.