alcivar guitars

Posted by sylvia on Fri, 06/28/02 - 09:40:51.

Would like some info about this guitar. valuable? is it any good?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: alcivar guitars

: Would like some info about this guitar. valuable? is it any good?

hi silvia.find any info on 'em yet?
ive been looking in vain for alcivar info since i bought my black acoustic 6 in 1993 (model#w65bk)
at a used gear store.
i love its warm bassy tone (i am a bassist after all)
i havent found another acoustic 6 string that sounds as good.
every thing else just seems thin and trebley in comparison.
i was looking for info on how old it was but all i know is the japaness company also made some cheap electrics in the '80s.

rock on

: Would like some info about this guitar. valuable? is it any good? Send tthe information the e-mail address

Thank you

I think Alcivar was another brand made in the Ibanez factory (Fuji Gen Gakki), the same people that makes Ibanez, Memphis, Fender Heartfields, Antoria, Penco, etc.
The reason I think this is because I came across an Alcivar jazz box that was exactly the same as the Ibanez GB 10 (George Benson)except for the name on the headstock. The workmanship was impeccable. The same factory currently produces upscale Epiphones ( costing $ 2,000, not the cheaper Korean models) Apparently, and unfortunately, this factory is slated to be closed.
As far as quality, most Japanese guitars from the 80's were as good or better than the originals they copied; they were inexpensive but they were not "cheap".
I hope this shed some light.

: I think Alcivar was another brand made in the Ibanez factory (Fuji Gen Gakki), the same people that makes Ibanez, Memphis, Fender Heartfields, Antoria, Penco, etc.
: The reason I think this is because I came across an Alcivar jazz box that was exactly the same as the Ibanez GB 10 (George Benson)except for the name on the headstock. The workmanship was impeccable. The same factory currently produces upscale Epiphones ( costing $ 2,000, not the cheaper Korean models) Apparently, and unfortunately, this factory is slated to be closed.
: As far as quality, most Japanese guitars from the 80's were as good or better than the originals they copied; they were inexpensive but they were not "cheap".
: I hope this sheds some light.

: : Would like some info about this guitar. valuable? is it any good? Send tthe information the e-mail address

: Thank you

Nope.. Japanese guitars, maybe 300$ in 85. Wasnt BAD for a beginner (it was my first guitar). Alcivar was just a trade name. you could have had any name you wanted. Hope this helps

i got an alcivar strat copy. it has a maple neck and fretboard and is unpainted. it has an amazing fender tone and has grover tuners. everything is original on it and i know this because my dad has had posession of it since it was bought new. he says the year was either 1980 or 1981. if anybody... ANYBODY... knows anything about this guitar or company besides the fact that it was made in japan, please post it. it would be appreciated.

: : : Would like some info about this guitar. valuable? is it any good? Send tthe information the e-mail address

: : Thank you

: Nope.. Japanese guitars, maybe 300$ in 85. Wasnt BAD for a beginner (it was my first guitar). Alcivar was just a trade name. you could have had any name you wanted. Hope this helps

ive been looking for info about my alcivar acoustic for years
with no luck
ive had similar post on the www.vguitar.com bullitonboard
i've learned the company made electrics acoustics and resonator guitars
my acoustic appears to be a copy of a gibson dove or hummingbird model
i got it used
it is the best sounding guitar ive ever played

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.