Kiso Suzuki Archtop... heard about the dreadnaughts, but what ab

Posted by Zach on Thu, 07/11/02 - 02:07:59.

like the subject says, I would like to know anyones impression of these archtops... I have one here that someone is offering me and I don't really know if I want it $200 worth (thinking about resell value). It's got a really open and bright tone and plays damn well, but has a bunch of repaired cracks, though done well.... what do ya'll think? Any other Suzuki archtop users?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Kiso Suzuki Archtop... heard about the dreadnaughts, but wha

I've been watching archtops on Ebay for well over 2 years now and have seen only 2 Suzuki archtops. I bought both of them. One is totally acoustic and the other has two built in pickups. They are both really nice guitars. I've been meaning to write an article on them and send the article to the guitar "Blue Book." Yes, like you I'm concerned that they may be hard to resell as nobody knows what excellent guitars these are.

Re: Kiso Suzuki Archtop... heard about the dreadnaughts, but what about the archtops?

After several years on Ebay I only have seen one Suzuki acoustic archtop. I bought it and played it for about a year and then foolishly sold it. It has a solid spruce top with X bracing and for a barely 16" archtop it had tremendous cutting power and volume. I also recorded with it. I would buy it back in a minute for $200 if I could.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.