what's it worth?

Posted by sam bassett on Thu, 07/25/02 - 12:09:20.

my dad picked up a cool classical guitar at a yard sale. it is an Ibanez Andorra model# 2857. the woman he bought it from told my dad that her husband bought it in Japan while he was stationed there for the army. it's in great shape and there are no visisble blemishes. i have no idea how old it is, but it looks like it could be from the 30's or 40's. can you give me an appraisal or at least tell me somewhere i can go to get it appraised?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ibanez classic

I have a ibanez classic recital, the model no is GA600S. Would you have an idea of its age and what it might be worth.

i have an Ibanez Andorra

i have an Ibanez Andorra model 2856. its my first guitar and i dont know anything about it. Help?

age of Ibanez Andorra 2857

It's from ± 1975, maybe 1977...
Today 24 September 2011 they sold one in Holland for €140.- with OHSC (original hardshell case).
Personally I would have gone as high as €180.- but there was a bid of €150.- after the asked €140.- had been bid, and my traveling cost to pick it up would have been more than €30.- and it would have cost me half of my free Saturday, so I let them have it.
Besides, I already have 3 Ibanez Andorra guitars.
According to an old price list, model 2857 cost DM518.- in Germany in 1976/77.
It was the best one from the student models with an ordinary rosewood fretboard.
The real top range had ebony fretboards.

I think one shouldn't pay more than €225.-
That would be the absolute max for me, if it would be my first Andorra... but it isn't.
But €45-50 for the vintage case and €175-180 for the guitar would still be reasonable.

Ginger
Netherlands

Re: what's it worth?

: my dad picked up a cool classical guitar at a yard sale. it is an <b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Ibanez</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Andorra</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">model</b># <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">2857</b>. the woman he bought it from told my dad that her husband bought it in Japan while he was stationed there for the army. it's in great shape and there are no visisble blemishes. i have no idea how old it is, but it looks like it could be from the 30's or 40's. can you give me an appraisal or at least tell me somewhere i can go to get it appraised?
Hi, i have the same guitar that my dad picked up in hong kong in the 70s trying to find out if its worth anything.
Cheers

: my dad picked up a cool classical guitar at a yard sale. it is an <b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Ibanez</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#a0ffff">Andorra</b> <b style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">model</b># <b style="color:black;background-color:#ff9999">2857</b>. the woman he bought it from told my dad that her husband bought it in Japan while he was stationed there for the army. it's in great shape and there are no visisble blemishes. i have no idea how old it is, but it looks like it could be from the 30's or 40's. can you give me an appraisal or at least tell me somewhere i can go to get it appraised?

Sam,

I have an Ibanez Andorra and am trying to find out the same info. Have you received any info through you request?

Devyn
Australia.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.