framus guitar history and worth

Posted by drexel simpson on Wed, 08/28/02 - 18:37:16.

i have a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it. 45755 and 74403120. i am much interested in its history and possible worth today, if any. thanks for your time, drexel

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Frames 5-string

I have a Framus 5-string with maple body and mahogany neck. It has a chrome filigree around the rim and the armrest.The serial # is 28707-68E. The finish is very good but it needs a new bridge. What is its model name and how much is it worth?

Older Framus Accoustic

Serial # 007029 Framus
What age and model?

Framus Guitar

I have a made in Bavaria Framus Werke Bavaria Model 5/9 serial number 13674 and would like to know its value. Thanks.

Guitar

I have a Framus Black Rose Archtop Acoustic Guitar serial no; 11959, have just had it restrung and is in working order can you tell me how much it is worth now please.

12 string texan 5/296 serial# 24094 tested by miller

how would i know what year it was made .i cant find out searching.I would like to know what its worth.its in great condition.what search engine would i use? thanks

Framus texan bass

I have a Framus Texan acoustic bass (conversion neck) with a 31.5" scale length. It sounds better than most plywood ones in the music store going for $500. Clean, crisp notes on the low E string.

It's gotta be worth at least $100 because I'd rather have it than a Guild in a bar room fight. That sucker must have 2x4's for braces. It's heavy! Solid top, as far as I can tell. I think it would make a good canoe paddle and still be playable afterwards.

Have a nice day,
Bill

Vintage Framus Western

I was given this guitar as a young beginning guitar. The internal label is intact and states the following:
Western 5/195
S/N: 17929
Tested By: Muller

at the bottom of the label is a stamp: EX

Built in W. Germany

Does anyone know where I can find further info on my guitar and it's worth? Just ensuring that I have enough insurance covering my belongings. Thank you.

Michelle

Framus guitars

It could be found here
http://www.framus-vintage.de/modules/modells/instruments.php?modellID=383&katID=4628&cl=EN
These were good guitars - archtops had laminated tops (that were making guitars cheeper), but Black Rose model was
solid spruce top thing. Great... Gibson also was trying to make more affordable guitars - just compare their L50,40-48 etc series.
Coming back to Framus - they were the strongest competitor to Hofner; all of them (hofner too) used to have similar weak points - natural glue at the neck joints etc lead to the process of neck resetting etc. But in principal - I love them all and...you cant buy anything similar today but these vintage archtop guitars...Except for Eastman, D'Angelico etc. Dont want to talk about modern chinese Loar or anything similar:)

better than a 4000 guitar

Hey everyone I have no idea of the worth of my guitar iether but all I can say is its the best $400 ive ever spent on a guitar..Its the western acoustic with bolt on neck and sounds like a dream ..no other guitar has ever matched the sound of this guitar. I have two of the 6 strings from late 60s to early 70s and just got the older one yesterday. Some of them sound like crap tho I guess its like all guitar companies some are low quality and others are hight quality..

Re: framus guitar history and worth

Circa 1972 Framus Folk/Western with serial #: 015148
Natural Spruce top

: i have a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it

67652 5/195

: i have a framus bass guitar with a Serial No inside that says 13378. . i am much interested in its history, materials and possible worth today, if any. thanks for your time, Marko

: i have a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it. Model #5W-50 and serial #22907. What is the history and worth?

I would like to know the value and history of a FRAMUS guitar.Model# 501J and the serial# 36155. If anyone can give meany info. at all it will greatly appreciated.
thanks Sammy

:i found a framus guitar in a dumpster. just wondering how much a acoustic framus is worth

A friend has a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it. 5/796 or j/196 and sn62200. He asked me to see if I could find its history and possible vlue. thanks for your time,
JC

: i have a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it. 14109 and model 154. Please let me know this week. Thankyou

I have a Framus guitar Serial no.09200 model is
Texan 5/196,is made in Germany.Could you tell me
the value of this guitar? [acoustic guitar]
Thanks George Kennedy

Framus guitar Germany Ser #51297/ model 6152 12 string

I would like to know its worth?

framus guitar

like to know date and value of this guitar / it is a 72 J 00211 / 59741

I have a Framus B-25 LG-Gaucho what is it worth? Thanks

Hi there,
I have a Framus guitar, its very old & still works! Its missing one of its saddles & a tuning peg tab.
Model #515/1 ?
Serial # 53279
Test 61M ?

Anyone with any history & current price can contact me at:
raysutherland@iprimus.com.au
Thanks for your time,
Ray.

: Hi there,
: I have a Framus guitar, its very old & still works! Its missing one of its saddles & a tuning peg tab.
: Model #515/1 ?
: Serial # 53279
: Test 61M ?

Look at the Framus vintage instrument site:
http://www.framus-vintage.de/?cl=EN
You can find your instrument according to the type Western, classical, jazz, etc. Most models have a new list price from the mid 70s.
Look under the tab Framus/Dating for details of the label inside the guitar. Yours should be a dated Dec. 1961.

: Anyone with any history & current price can contact me at:
: raysutherland@iprimus.com.au
: Thanks for your time,
: Ray.

Framus Guitar History and worth!!

Hello,

I have a Framus guitar (acoustic I think). The serial number is 14820 and the model no. is 5153...

Can sombody help me with the history and worth of the guitar?

Greetings

Bass guitar

I have a double stringed Framus Bass guitar
Serial #34141
Carvelle 4
5/153

Could someone tell me its history and worth?
Thanks,
Kim

Framus Guitar

I have a Framus New Sound TV 3 elements model: 5/116/54 - SN: 49539 - Tested by : 04L
build in factory Bavaria Germany.
Can somebody help me with the history and worth of the guitar?

I have a Framus Accoustic Guitar with the model number (75A) on it an a serial number 85311, I believe, or the 8 could be the letter B. It looks to be fairly old, but it plays like a Dream. Can you be of any help. Thanks, David Copeland.

: i have a framus guitar with two sets of numbers on it. 48331 and 51776-52
. i am much interested in its history and possible worth today, if any. thanks for your time, drexel

I have a Framus Werkes (built in Bavaria) guitar I bought in Germany in 1974, serial number is 65565, and would like to know it's worth should I decide to sell or trade.

Re: framus guitar value.

I have a framus black rose circa 1957 ( I purchased it new )I is fitted with the original hofner pickup inc. custom finger board with tone & volume controles. It is in fine condition but well played.I,ve never seen one of these for sale. Would love to know it,s value ?

: i have a framus 12 string guitar with a date on it, 1919 with one set of numbers on it. looks like 4016. i am much interested in its history and possible worth today, if any. thanks for your time, jim

: i have a framus guitar with one set of numbers on it. 305 39-6. i am interested in its history and possible worth today, if any. thanks for your time

RE: Old Framus need to know value!!!

A friend of mine recently happened on a Framus Werke the labels are intake. Model 5/294 Serial# 2607 Mulike Schmidt 6 Frankford a.M.,Berlinger Strake 26 Bavaria W.Germany. If anyone can help me on when it was made and or value, I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanx, Lisa

Re: RE: Old Framus need to know value!!!

Well, I'll tell you what. From what I have heard, Framus guitars, if in good condition, are actually worth quite a bit of money. Nothing outrageous, but at least a couple thousand dollars. I am actually wondering what my 1964 Framus Television is worth. Go to my line in the discussions. Sorry for lack of actual numbers on $.

:I have a framus stare bass small body bass guitar like the one Bill Wyman played not sure of age but its pretty old

FOUND OLD FRAMUS BASS GUITAR SERIAL 67461 MODEL 5-450
WOULD LIKE ORIGEN AND VALUE THANKS STEVE

: A friend of mine recently happened on a Framus Werke the labels are intake. Model 5/294 Serial# 2607 Mulike Schmidt 6 Frankford a.M.,Berlinger Strake 26 Bavaria W.Germany. If anyone can help me on when it was made and or value, I would greatly appreciate it!
: Thanx, Lisa

Framus-Werke Model 64264 Made in West Germany Bavaria

When? Value? Anyione?

I have the same model, a very bright 12 string guitar, with a moustache bridge, beautiful guitar, serial number 3858. These are very nice guitars, but don't fetch as much as you might think. I would think that the value of this guitar is about $1100, but in some markets, you would only see a used sale price of $200-300. It's quite a shame, considering the woods used, and the design precision.

Framus Texan

I have a Texan #741(then there is a space then #05311.
I was wondering hoe much it's worth?

Re: Framus Texan

: I have a Texan #5843 is the serial number 5/296 is the model number
: I was wondering hoe much it's worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.