El Folk Guitar

Posted by Mike Graziano on Tue, 09/24/02 - 21:49:16.

Purchased at an estate sale. Looks like a 60's Gibson Explorer all white with kind of a zig zag shape. 2 double pick ups, 2 nine volt batteries in the back.
Probably made in the 70's. Only inendifying marks are Elfolk on the battery box and a gold sticker with number wo 21283. Very heavy. Anyone know what this is?
Please eMail me.
Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: El Folk Guitar

:i have an eflock guitai trying to sell

: Purchased at an estate sale. Looks like a 60's Gibson Explorer all white with kind of a zig zag shape. 2 double pick ups, 2 nine volt batteries in the back.
: Probably made in the 70's. Only inendifying marks are Elfolk on the battery box and a gold sticker with number wo 21283. Very heavy. Anyone know what this is?
: Please eMail me.
: Thanks

I have one that my parents bought for me at Sears back around 1978 or '79. They kept it stored while I was off playing soldier for 22 years. It's mahogany, with a deep red finish. It has a built-in pickup, pickup tone control, tremolo control, and microphone hookup & volume control. Has a built-in speaker, runs on 2 9-volts. It plays real nice with new elixir strings. I have no idea what these things are worth today, I think the company is long-ago defunct. I remember them being marketed as a "portable electric guitar" you could play anywhere. You can even plug headphones into the Amp jack, which shuts off the built-in speaker. I learned to play on mine, toted it everywhere with me for 2-3 years after I received it. Amazingly enough, it still looks almost new. If you need any service on it, find a good electronics shop.

: : Purchased at an estate sale. Looks like a 60's Gibson Explorer all white with kind of a zig zag shape. 2 double pick ups, 2 nine volt batteries in the back.
: : Probably made in the 70's. Only inendifying marks are Elfolk on the battery box and a gold sticker with number wo 21283. Very heavy. Anyone know what this is?
: : Please eMail me.
: : Thanks

: : : Purchased at an estate sale. Looks like a 60's Gibson Explorer all white with kind of a zig zag shape. 2 double pick ups, 2 nine volt batteries in the back.
: : : Probably made in the 70's. Only inendifying marks are Elfolk on the battery box and a gold sticker with number wo 21283. Very heavy. Anyone know what this is?
: : : Please eMail me.
: : : Thanks
Sounds like a cort effector.. does it have multiple push in switches on the front ???

: : : Purchased at an estate sale. Looks like a 60's Gibson Explorer all white with kind of a zig zag shape. 2 double pick ups, 2 nine volt batteries in the back.
: : : Probably made in the 70's. Only inendifying marks are Elfolk on the battery box and a gold sticker with number wo 21283. Very heavy. Anyone know what this is?
: : : Please eMail me.
: : : Thanks

Dave, I believe it is a Gem guitar made in Korea in the 70s or early 80s Jim

I bought a les paul type guitar that had about 12 effects built in and a battery box for two nine volt batteries. It's an El Folk. It says it on the battery box. Except it had no bridge, tailpiece, pickups, pots, wires or tuners. So I rebuilt the guitar and now it's working great.

I have the impression that the el folk guitars are cheapy guitars from the 70's. Are the necks and bodies of most of the electric guitars good or bad?

Re: El Folk Guitar (Gibson Hummingbird?)

I have an unidentified guitar that looks qute a bit like a Gibson Hummingbird. It has the cherry burst coloring and a pick guard that is nearly identical to the hummingbird. It bears no other identifying markings. It is a classical guitar with construction that seems to leave something to be desired, but it sounds ok.

Any ideas about its origin?

: I have an unidentified guitar that looks qute a bit like a Gibson Hummingbird. It has the cherry burst coloring and a pick guard that is nearly identical to the hummingbird. It bears no other identifying markings. It is a classical guitar with construction that seems to leave something to be desired, but it sounds ok.

: Any ideas about its origin?

i think ihave the same ,but i dont know origin ether

:
: : I have an unidentified guitar that looks qute a bit like a Gibson Hummingbird. It has the cherry burst coloring and a pick guard that is nearly identical to the hummingbird. It bears no other identifying markings. It is a classical guitar with construction that seems to leave something to be desired, but it sounds ok.

: : Any ideas about its origin?

:
: i think ihave the same ,but i dont know origin ether
11/10/2005
I have an El Folk with a label inside the body. It is marked Cowboy,Elfolk Guitar. It has a battery box on the back for 2 9 volts and tuning knobs on the front for volume, tremolo and tone. Also a pick guard with the hummingbird stuff like a gibson.

: : I have a Dixon Model DG-6 sunburst with a hummingbird pick guard that plays as good or even better then the 65 gibson I owned
: : : I have an unidentified guitar that looks qute a bit like a Gibson Hummingbird. It has the cherry burst coloring and a pick guard that is nearly identical to the hummingbird. It bears no other identifying markings. It is a classical guitar with construction that seems to leave something to be desired, but it sounds ok.

: : : Any ideas about its origin?

: :
: : i think ihave the same ,but i dont know origin ether
: 11/10/2005
: I have an El Folk with a label inside the body. It is marked Cowboy,Elfolk Guitar. It has a battery box on the back for 2 9 volts and tuning knobs on the front for volume, tremolo and tone. Also a pick guard with the hummingbird stuff like a gibson.

: : I have a Dixon Model GG-6 sunburst with a hummingbird pick guard that plays as good or even better then the 65 gibson I owned
: : : I have an unidentified guitar that looks qute a bit like a Gibson Hummingbird. It has the cherry burst coloring and a pick guard that is nearly identical to the hummingbird. It bears no other identifying markings. It is a classical guitar with construction that seems to leave something to be desired, but it sounds ok.

: : : Any ideas about its origin?

: :
: : i think ihave the same ,but i dont know origin ether
: 11/10/2005
: I have an El Folk with a label inside the body. It is marked Cowboy,Elfolk Guitar. It has a battery box on the back for 2 9 volts and tuning knobs on the front for volume, tremolo and tone. Also a pick guard with the hummingbird stuff like a gibson.

I need help I have an elfolk too,

I have a guitar (Electric) that has no name,and it used to have a speeker in the front but it was second hand and somone put the wrong speeker in.Well it sounds great on an amp.Well it says (Elfolk) on the battery pack which takes 2 9 volt batterys would anyone here be abel to tell me anything about my guitar?
Thanks a lot!
Glenda
FrogPalmer@juno.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.