Decca electric guitars

Posted by aDew on Wed, 11/06/02 - 12:30:06.

I acquired a Decca electric guitar years ago, I was wondering where I could find some info on the guitar. I haven't seen many of these guitars and I was wondering if it was worth anything. Thanks for any help!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Decca electric guitars

I picked up a decca for $80 a few weeks ago. It's one of the tobacco-sunburst single-pickup style ones and the year is 1963. It has definitely seen better days (chips and dings all over the finish exposing bare wood), and the intonation definitely isn't right on, but the thing sure has soul. I love playing this guitar almost as much as my $800 guitar sometimes. It definitely has skrawnk and it seems like the more i play it the better it sounds. Kinda one of those guitars that you have to learn to play with, but really really fun and it definitely has that vintage tone that a lot of players chase nowadays. I definitely recommend picking one up for under $200 depending on quality and how much cash you have lying around.

Re: Decca electric guitars

: I acquired a Decca electric guitar years ago, I was wondering where I could find some info on the guitar. I haven't seen many of these guitars and I was wondering if it was worth anything. Thanks for any help!!

I just bought a Decca guitar from a guy for $12. Its like brand new and i wanted to find any information on it i could like what kind it is and when and where it was made and what its worth. It would be greatly appreciated

Decca electric guitars

: I acquired a Decca electric guitar , I was wondering where I could find some info on the guitar. I haven't seen many of these guitars and I was wondering if it was worth anything. Thanks for any help!!

i think decca is a brand similar to teisco guitars..i have a teisco and my room mate has a decca and theyre very similar.idk if they were in conjunction with eachother or somethign or not.

:These guitars were house brand meaning they were sold by the likes of Sears, Montgomery Wards etc, The were lower priced for students and made by the same company that made Tiesco Del Ray, Kent and half dozen othre obscure names. Nice light weight electrics with good sound and playablity. Not alot of value but cool for the price buy one if the price is right!

i also have a decca electric guitar (solid body) i've been searching for info and i found this site hope it helps!
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Decca/Garagemaster-01.html

i really dont know how much there worth, but there worth alot to me? how much would you want for it? In Christ jason

decca guitars

I have an old decca guitar electric exact year and model is not marked on the guitar, it is in fair condition, a couple nicks on the paint job, the pickup still works and sounds nice, it needs to be resoldered to the tone and volume pots, currently i have a cord wired directly to the pickup, but it would take less than 5 minutes to solder the pickup leads back to the pots, the pickgaurd has a small piece of plastic missing, other than that is in working condition, sounds nice, all the frets are good, I believe mine is from the early 60's sunburst paint job, I have read that the decca guitars are worth anywhere from 200$ to 800$ depending on condition, seeing as mine is not in perfect condition I would be willing to let it go for about 250$ If interested let me know, southsidekre1@yahoo.com

: I acquired a Decca electric guitar years ago, I was wondering where I could find some info on the guitar. I haven't seen many of these guitars and I was wondering if it was worth anything. Thanks for any help!!

I read in a guitar magazine once that Decca (the record company) started importing beginner and mid-level Japanese guitars in 1965 to cash in on the guitar craze of the era. I don't think they did this for long, as I haven't seen many around. If it's worth anything, I'd say for scarcity and novelty. They weren't the highest quality instruments.

I got Decca electric solid body guitar when I was 14 as a gift. I am now 50 and still own it and play it. I'm sure it came from a discount store as the amp was very cheap and logn gone. Still plays good with a little tlc on the volume and tone controls. I'm curious about it's history too.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.