Gallan guitar ??

Posted by michel on Mon, 12/02/02 - 00:13:05.

Hello
I've just bought a very old cheap acoustic guitar :
Gallan MJ200 ( copy of Gibson)
This guitar is incredible to my ears ! and I can't find info about it on Internet.
Could someone help me about this guitar or Gallan Japan)history ...?
thanks in adance
Michel

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Gallan guitar ??

Actually I've got a Gallan, it stands down in my basement, when I first got it from a friend, it had three pickups, but eventually I found out that the middle was just a fake, that was kinda wierd. Anyway, it sounds very good.

I love my Gallan Les Paul model, it has a really good tone, and it sounds thick as a brick.

i've got a gallan stratocaster guitar that has a nice sound, but playing on higher frets i notice that its intonation is bad. It's heavy, but idk what wood it is

Hi, I have Gallan guitar, this is the copy of the Gibson 335 jazz model, it sounds great, great picups, clean warm sound. I also have the original Gibson 345 stereo,and I didn't found big sound differencies betwen those two guitars.

I've got a Gallan too

Hey there every one !
waw i was looking for Gallan guitar origin for years too !
i've got a strat Gallan model "Made in Japan" .

Re: I've got a Gallan too

: hi I got a gallan less paul custom with distorsion ,auto wha ,phaser and sustain in it is a rare model it seem custom made, it sound is great professional incredible good wood and finish i`M so happy

Re: I've got a Gallan F339J

i bought mine at hilton guitars and piano in the yr 2000 paid $360.00 for it and i`m just learning to play it,my friend play`s it and said i got a good buy! sound`s great when he play`s it any other info please send me a e-mail thanx ;-)

Gallan Model F339J

I have the same guitar Gallan Model F339J. I bought it in 1976 at Radio Shack. It sounds great.

I have a Gallan F339J also

I paid $67 for this guitar in 1976 and it still sounds better than a $200 Yamaha. Go figure! I guess they made them better in those days... It has been in my very hot garage for 2.5 years and is still in tune (except for 1 string that always needs a slight tweak).

Hello from Texas, I have had a Gallan Nylon string model C 121 for about 20 plus years. Its a great sounding guitar. I have no idea of its origin or how old it is. I am not even sure of where I aquired it. Probably a Pawn Shop. I sure would like to know more about it, but as many of you know there is nothing on the web about this brand. Is it italian or japan made? My luthier seems to think it was made in the early sixtys.

: Hello
: I've just bought a very old cheap acoustic guitar :
: Gallan MJ200 ( copy of Gibson)
: This guitar is incredible to my ears ! and I can't find info about it on Internet.
: Could someone help me about this guitar or Gallan Japan)history ...?
: thanks in adance
: Michel

Michel

in 1991 i baught a Gallan 12 string ... this sounded like you were playing the entire stringed section of an orchestra.
I travelled to India and gave it to a Pastor.

since then I found out it was an Italian made guitar. I must admit I do miss it.

let me know if you've found out any more info.

I recently purchased a 1976

I recently purchased a 1976 Gallan Dreadnouught Acoustic, Made by Tahara. This is a beautiful guitar. It is a very close copy to a Martin D45. The sound and tone are great. It has Rosewood back and sides, mother of pearl inlays. I have not been able to find any info on this particular guitar. I have found some pictures online, but the pictures are of the Guitar that I bought. Never seen another like it. Great guitar, I own a Martin and a Blueridge and this Gallan has the same if not better sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Gallan D-45 Acoustic

I too have one of these guitars, and would love to share pics and any other info you have on this magnificent guitar.

Gallan D45 Acoustic

I will take some pics and post them. I contacted Gruhn Guitars and they said that this particular model is a real find. Post some pics of yours also. Thanks

Recently i´ve bought a Gallan Guitar which looks like a Gibson es335, and a local luthier who had some job restaurating it told me that the gallan was a japanese copy of gibson, it´s a very special guitar ´cause it´s configuration was quite similar to the gibson. It was made aprox. 1972-1975. I´ve got pics of the mine and I like to receive pics of yours.

hello there! i jus bought (25€) one gallan acustic six string guitar model W.38H
looks quite old, like a gibson with red sunburst and gibson lookalike pick guard with flowers etc. sounds great maybe a bit "darkish" sound... if any of u knows about this model and the age of it i would be delighted to hear some moore...
hellsinki

Just purchased old Gallan classical and was looking for info. The only thing I have to add, and one of the reasons I bought this Gallan is that guitars made in Japan 20-30+ years ago always seem to be of a higher quality - possibly because after that big names like Ibanez moved their production out of Japan to Taiwan or some such place and guitars became 'manufactured' and of a lower quality generally. - Just my 2 cents! Thanks for the interesting info on Gallans.

HI THERE GUYS!
I'M FROM VENEZUELA (CORO-FALCON) JUST FEW MONTHS AGO I BOUGHT A VERY DAMAGED GALLAN LES PAUL AND I WANTED TO KNOW SOME THINGS ABOUT IT, I'M STARTING AS A LUTHIER SO RESTORING THIS GUITAR HAS GIVEN ME SOME WORK, IF YA CAN E-MAIL ME ABOUT ANY SITE WHERE I CAN FIND PICS OF THIS GUITAR BRAND I WILL APPRECIATE IT. THANX.

Gallan Les Paul

Mi pana, me encontré esta página buscando información de esta marca puesto que tengo una Les Paul negra que compre en el 82 en una de las tiendas Yamaha que había en Caracas.
Si quieres fotos de la guitarra avísame por esta vía. Johnny.ramos.vzla@gmail.com

Saludos

Gallan Les Paul

Epale Johnny, yo estoy por comprar tambien una Gallan Les Paul Custom en Caracas, valen la pena estas guitarras? Te escribi a tu correo para que puedas brindarme mas informacion por favor.

Bonjour,
J'ai aussi une Gallan MJ200 que j'ai acheté sur une brocante pour une poignée de cerises. Tout ce que je peux en dire c'est qu'elle est fantastique, bien que son volume sonore ne soit pas extrèmement important. Elle est du milieu des années 70, j'en ai vu à l'époque dans les magasins, elle s'est bien bonifiée avec le temps et je pense qu'elle est faite pour durer encore un paquet de siècles.

HI...
HAD A GALLAN ELECTRIC "LES PAUL" MODEL, BOUGHT IT 1981 AT A MUSIC SHOP IN CARACAS (VENEZUELA). GOOD SOUND FOR A VERY CHEAP GUITAR... GUESS YOU'LL ENJOY YOURS QUITE A BIT.
HADN'T SEEN ANY GALLANS FOR AT LEAST 15 YEARS...CHECK OUT A "SG" MODEL CURRENTLY SELLING
ON E-BAY.
GOOD LUCK

Hello
yes, this very obscure japanese brand is well-known
here in Pori, Finland.
I have a nylon-string classical and have had two strat
copies of Gallan.
During the eighties local music store was a distributor
in this area and brought a lot of Gallan basses and guitars
here.
its great!!

jyrki laiho, Pori, Finland, EUROPE

:
: Michel

: in 1991 i baught a Gallan 12 string ... this sounded like you were playing the entire stringed section of an orchestra.
: I travelled to India and gave it to a Pastor.

: since then I found out it was an Italian made guitar. I must admit I do miss it.

: let me know if you've found out any more info.

hi! was just searching for info about Gallan acoustic (steel string). Have borrowed one from a friend and know nothing about it. It's an MJ.200N model, made in Japan. Someone seems to have altered the machine head so that the strings tighten the wrong way (annoying) and it doesn't seem to ring very loudly! Otherwise the action is quite low... Greetings to Jyrki in Pori from Helsinki, Jon

Gallan Drums??

hi! was just searching for info about Gallan acoustic Drums,
who knows something about this brand? i have a jazz (4pie ces kit) and i wanna know more information about it...thanx

Re: Gallan Drums??

Hi,
I have no informations.
just a drummer on Paiste profiles book.
would you send me images to lucluc72@yahoo.it?
thanks
Luca

: hi! was just searching for info about Gallan acoustic Drums,
: who knows something about this brand? i have a jazz (4pie ces kit) and i wanna know more information about it...thanx

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.