Re: JG itialian electric

Posted by Doug on Sat, 12/14/02 - 04:46:37.

: Hi I have a JG Italian guitar. I was wanting to get info on the manufacturer, or any info on JG guiatrs. Mine is a semi-hollow body with f-holes buttons/swithches for tone & pick-up selection. The guitar is in great shape & plays & looks like a gibson ES-135.
: It has 21 frets with MOP block inlays. Cherry sunburst finish.

: any info would be appreciated.

: Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I have a JG Classical, model C-10. It was purchased new by a friend around 1970 through the American Conservatory of Music, in Seattle. I dont know anything else about them, except that I saw an identical model at Guitarville 10 years ago, beat. Its a nice solid mahogany, cant tell what the top wood is. Looks like rosewood fretboard, painted rosette and back binding, single layer plastic top binding.

Cheers

: : Hi I have a JG Italian guitar. I was wanting to get info on the manufacturer, or any info on JG guiatrs. Mine is a semi-hollow body with f-holes buttons/swithches for tone & pick-up selection. The guitar is in great shape & plays & looks like a gibson ES-135.
: : It has 21 frets with MOP block inlays. Cherry sunburst finish.

: : any info would be appreciated.

: : Thanks

: I have a JG Classical, model C-10. It was purchased new by a friend around 1970 through the American Conservatory of Music, in Seattle. I dont know anything else about them, except that I saw an identical model at Guitarville 10 years ago, beat. Its a nice solid mahogany, cant tell what the top wood is. Looks like rosewood fretboard, painted rosette and back binding, single layer plastic top binding.

: Cheers

:
: : : Hi I have a JG Italian guitar. I was wanting to get info on the manufacturer, or any info on JG guiatrs. Mine is a semi-hollow body with f-holes buttons/swithches for tone & pick-up selection. The guitar is in great shape & plays & looks like a gibson ES-135.
: : : It has 21 frets with MOP block inlays. Cherry sunburst finish.

: : : any info would be appreciated.

: : : Thanks

The JG Is for Julio Giulietti,the accordian manufacuturer from I Italy. I knew him In Westfield, Mass. The accordian biz slowed down and you don't lay people off in Italy ( he told me)...He had a wharehouse full of them at the time, in the 80's. They were rotting away from neglect. I took some of the good ones and sold them for him. Some actually used accordion parts ! Electrics acoustics and "guitorgans"!

JG Juilo Giulettie Flower Power Bass Guitar

To the gentleman that knew Juilo in Wesfield, Mass. Do you have any contacts that could guide you to where a JG Julio Giulietti Bass Guitar with the Flowers all over it might be. Not looking for the pasley bass guitar but what I think they called the Psychedelic Flower Power Bass. If you do I can be reached at ransomvision@hotmail.com. Would be very interested in purchasing one.
a

It looks like you have the same guitar as I have. I've been trying to find out something about it for ages. I know that mine was bought in the USA during the mid-70's by the guy that I bought it off, but thats about all I know. The chrome strap plate at the base of the neck has the seriel no. SAD 2V.I hadn't even been able to establish that it was Italian - althougth Gruhns had suggested this as a possibility. I'd love to learn a bit more about it.

: It looks like you have the same guitar as I have. I've been trying to find out something about it for ages. I know that mine was bought in the USA during the mid-70's by the guy that I bought it off, but thats about all I know. The chrome strap plate at the base of the neck has the seriel no. SAD 2V.I hadn't even been able to establish that it was Italian - althougth Gruhns had suggested this as a possibility. I'd love to learn a bit more about it.

same here. did you find any info yet?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.