Beaver Creek Guitars

Posted by John Diane Shaw on Mon, 02/17/03 - 07:11:00.

Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
Tks much.
John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Beaver Creek Guitars

I bought a classical Beaver Creek guitar (BCTC901) about 2 weeks ago and the guy at the music shop who sold me the guitar said it came from the U.S., but its clearly labeled "made in China". heh~
For CAD188.10, it sounds pretty good (can't expect it to sound superb if its that cheap). I shopped around for Yamaha guitars before getting this and ended up buying this one instead because it was much cheaper, and the sound was comparable to the lower end Yamaha classical guitars (which all costs about CAD300).
I'd definitely recommend this guitar to beginners. I do have one complaint, though. There was no waranty from where I bought it, and as I was playing it today, the sound went off abit and I realized there were bits of wood that came out from inside the body. *grr....*

: Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: Tks much.
: John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi they list new for $375.00CDN

: Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: Tks much.
: John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
Tim in Kingston

Does anyone know anything about the BCTD101CEQ (Cutaway, with electric pickup)
I found a couple of used ones for sale for $300 and $350 (nicer pickup). They look like they're in mint condition and they sound excellent. I'm a beginner guitar player so I want to make sure I don't ripped off. No one seems to have to heard of these Beaver Creek guitars.

: : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: : Tks much.
: : John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

: They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
: Tim in Kingston

just bought one, I like it -but I'm just starting out.

: : : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: : : Tks much.
: : : John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

: : They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
: : Tim in Kingston

No, they are not made in Canada. They are made in Asia, (I believe in Korea), and they are distributed in Canada by D'Addario Canada.

They seem to be a fairly well made guitar for the price and sound reasonably good with a set of phosporus strings on them.

I don't know about your model but I friend of mine just dropped by a few minutes ago with a new BCJ45, which is a take off of a Gibson J45, that he purchased yesterday at Moe's in Windsor Nova Scotia for $275.00 with a nice Beaver Creek padded gig bag, and the price included the 15% sales tax.

I believe that these guitars are a very good value and are being sold below their true worth to get out there in the market place and that the price of them will eventually go up accordingly.

The only complaint is that the saddle is too high and besides making it harder to play it it looks ungainly. It will need to be filed down quite a bit, while taking care of course not to damamge the intonation angle.

Cord

: : : : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: : : : Tks much.
: : : : John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

: : : They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
: : : Tim in Kingston

: No, they are not made in Canada. They are made in Asia, (I believe in Korea), and they are distributed in Canada by D'Addario Canada.

: They seem to be a fairly well made guitar for the price and sound reasonably good with a set of phosporus strings on them.

: I don't know about your model but I friend of mine just dropped by a few minutes ago with a new BCJ45, which is a take off of a Gibson J45, that he purchased yesterday at Moe's in Windsor Nova Scotia for $275.00 with a nice Beaver Creek padded gig bag, and the price included the 15% sales tax.

: I believe that these guitars are a very good value and are being sold below their true worth to get out there in the market place and that the price of them will eventually go up accordingly.

: The only complaint is that the saddle is too high and besides making it harder to play it it looks ungainly. It will need to be filed down quite a bit, while taking care of course not to damamge the intonation angle.

: Cord

Hey All,

I just recently bought a BCTD101 at a local shop here in Edmonton. I bought mine for $170 (tax included). I did a lot of checking around in the $350 range but could not justify spending an extra $200 for something that sounded a little bit better. I like the way this guitar plays, it feels pretty close to a Takamine that I tried out. For the price it's a good deal. I find that the low end is lacking a bit but it'll do for now. These guitars are made in China...that's what is says on the sticker inside the guitar.

Thanks and have fun!

: : : : : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: : : : : Tks much.
: : : : : John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

: : : : They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
: : : : Tim in Kingston

: : No, they are not made in Canada. They are made in Asia, (I believe in Korea), and they are distributed in Canada by D'Addario Canada.

: : They seem to be a fairly well made guitar for the price and sound reasonably good with a set of phosporus strings on them.

: : I don't know about your model but I friend of mine just dropped by a few minutes ago with a new BCJ45, which is a take off of a Gibson J45, that he purchased yesterday at Moe's in Windsor Nova Scotia for $275.00 with a nice Beaver Creek padded gig bag, and the price included the 15% sales tax.

: : I believe that these guitars are a very good value and are being sold below their true worth to get out there in the market place and that the price of them will eventually go up accordingly.

: : The only complaint is that the saddle is too high and besides making it harder to play it it looks ungainly. It will need to be filed down quite a bit, while taking care of course not to damamge the intonation angle.

: : Cord

:
: Hey All,

: I just recently bought a BCTD101 at a local shop here in Edmonton. I bought mine for $170 (tax included). I did a lot of checking around in the $350 range but could not justify spending an extra $200 for something that sounded a little bit better. I like the way this guitar plays, it feels pretty close to a Takamine that I tried out. For the price it's a good deal. I find that the low end is lacking a bit but it'll do for now. These guitars are made in China...that's what is says on the sticker inside the guitar.

: Thanks and have fun!

I have a Beaver Creek Model TD105 and the label clearly states that it was made in China. I don't know about all their models but China is the birthplace of my guitar. I just have a little bit of advice for anyone interested. I am small (5'2") and I thought that my Beaver Creek was a wonderful guitar until I played a Takamine G series at a friend's house. I couldn't beleive the difference. It was amazingly easy to play and it fit my small hands like a glove. I could play any thing and everything. I thought that I just needed more practice as a fairly new guitar player- but then I played the Takamine and realized it wasn't me... It was the guitar. It was awesome to know how well i could actually play- but quite disheartening to come home to my Beaver Creek. Now I find it too big and bulky. It is very buzzy and the bridge is way too big for my small hands. A larger person may have no trouble with it but as for me... I am saving up for a Takamine so that I can get down to some real playing. For any smaller person thinking of getting a Beaver Creek...well. I would recommend spending a little more on a model that suits.. Shop around!! I wish I had!! But, alas... my Beaver Creek used to be amazing to me and now I have a hard time even picking it up to play. Ignorance is bliss but playing a guitar that is designed so superbly is just plain fun.

: : : : : : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated
: : : : : : Tks much.
: : : : : : John in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada

: : : : : They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.
: : : : : Tim in Kingston

: : : No, they are not made in Canada. They are made in Asia, (I believe in Korea), and they are distributed in Canada by D'Addario Canada.

: : : They seem to be a fairly well made guitar for the price and sound reasonably good with a set of phosporus strings on them.

: : : I don't know about your model but I friend of mine just dropped by a few minutes ago with a new BCJ45, which is a take off of a Gibson J45, that he purchased yesterday at Moe's in Windsor Nova Scotia for $275.00 with a nice Beaver Creek padded gig bag, and the price included the 15% sales tax.

: : : I believe that these guitars are a very good value and are being sold below their true worth to get out there in the market place and that the price of them will eventually go up accordingly.

: : : The only complaint is that the saddle is too high and besides making it harder to play it it looks ungainly. It will need to be filed down quite a bit, while taking care of course not to damamge the intonation angle.

: : : Cord

: :
: : Hey All,

: : I just recently bought a BCTD101 at a local shop here in Edmonton. I bought mine for $170 (tax included). I did a lot of checking around in the $350 range but could not justify spending an extra $200 for something that sounded a little bit better. I like the way this guitar plays, it feels pretty close to a Takamine that I tried out. For the price it's a good deal. I find that the low end is lacking a bit but it'll do for now. These guitars are made in China...that's what is says on the sticker inside the guitar.

: : Thanks and have fun!

: I have a Beaver Creek Model TD105 and the label clearly states that it was made in China. I don't know about all their models but China is the birthplace of my guitar. I just have a little bit of advice for anyone interested. I am small (5'2") and I thought that my Beaver Creek was a wonderful guitar until I played a Takamine G series at a friend's house. I couldn't beleive the difference. It was amazingly easy to play and it fit my small hands like a glove. I could play any thing and everything. I thought that I just needed more practice as a fairly new guitar player- but then I played the Takamine and realized it wasn't me... It was the guitar. It was awesome to know how well i could actually play- but quite disheartening to come home to my Beaver Creek. Now I find it too big and bulky. It is very buzzy and the bridge is way too big for my small hands. A larger person may have no trouble with it but as for me... I am saving up for a Takamine so that I can get down to some real playing. For any smaller person thinking of getting a Beaver Creek...well. I would recommend spending a little more on a model that suits.. Shop around!! I wish I had!! But, alas... my Beaver Creek used to be amazing to me and now I have a hard time even picking it up to play. Ignorance is bliss but playing a guitar that is designed so superbly is just plain fun.

I am getting a beaver creek and I think that they are indubitaly good!!!!

: Thanks for the eye opener! I too was under the impression that "beaver Creek guitars" where made right here in Canada. I have a fair size hand so playing a larger bridged guitar is not a problem.
I was looking at the 187 series, solid spruce top rosewood back and sides. But if made in China pass...I have a washburn D18-M(1980-1985) wonderfull tone and it has made a huge difference in my learning (yes I am a newbie) I also own a Ibenez sgt 330E (all maple) and can play that well too.
The deal was I could sell the washburn and buy the beaver creek....but I am as Canadian as bad politicians! Ouch!
And no I wont buy import when a decent domestic is available!

Beavercreek also makes travel sized guitars if you are having troubles with the size of the regular ones...

I got a beaver creek in New Glasgow at the music store downtown. It is one of the prettest classicals I heard so I bought it for 150 which I assumed was a good price. But John seems like you live close to me lol. Maybe got yours at the h+r music store too. I only seen the one there but it is a beauty I say and I never been happier.
Serena

Re: Takamine - there is a slim body black G series available - my daughter has one (electric acoustic) and LOVES it. We did a lot of research on it and it is the perfect fit and sound. You won't be sorry that you bought it. We were looking at the travel size BeaverCreek guitar just for fun...anyone have any experience with that one? Daughter has a travel size Crafter but has not played it at all.....

: : : : : : Can anyone give me any information on Beaver Creek guitars. I have a Model BCTD191. I am looking for an approximate value. Who the manufacturer is/where made. Any information appreciated

: : : : : They are made in Canada. I just bought a new one, model BCTD 105 here in Kingston ON for $250. McAdoo's Pianos is the store where I got mine. I figure it is a pretty good guitar for the money.

: : : No, they are not made in Canada. They are made in Asia, (I believe in Korea), and they are distributed in Canada by D'Addario Canada.

: : : They seem to be a fairly well made guitar for the price and sound reasonably good with a set of phosporus strings on them.

: : : I don't know about your model but I friend of mine just dropped by a few minutes ago with a new BCJ45, which is a take off of a Gibson J45, that he purchased yesterday at Moe's in Windsor Nova Scotia for $275.00 with a nice Beaver Creek padded gig bag, and the price included the 15% sales tax.

: : : I believe that these guitars are a very good value and are being sold below their true worth to get out there in the market place and that the price of them will eventually go up accordingly.

: : : The only complaint is that the saddle is too high and besides making it harder to play it it looks ungainly. It will need to be filed down quite a bit, while taking care of course not to damamge the intonation angle.

: : I just recently bought a BCTD101 at a local shop here in Edmonton. I bought mine for $170 (tax included). I did a lot of checking around in the $350 range but could not justify spending an extra $200 for something that sounded a little bit better. I like the way this guitar plays, it feels pretty close to a Takamine that I tried out. For the price it's a good deal. I find that the low end is lacking a bit but it'll do for now. These guitars are made in China...that's what is says on the sticker inside the guitar.

: I have a Beaver Creek Model TD105 and the label clearly states that it was made in China. I don't know about all their models but China is the birthplace of my guitar. I just have a little bit of advice for anyone interested. I am small (5'2") and I thought that my Beaver Creek was a wonderful guitar until I played a Takamine G series at a friend's house. I couldn't beleive the difference. It was amazingly easy to play and it fit my small hands like a glove. I could play any thing and everything. I thought that I just needed more practice as a fairly new guitar player- but then I played the Takamine and realized it wasn't me... It was the guitar. It was awesome to know how well i could actually play- but quite disheartening to come home to my Beaver Creek. Now I find it too big and bulky. It is very buzzy and the bridge is way too big for my small hands. A larger person may have no trouble with it but as for me... I am saving up for a Takamine so that I can get down to some real playing. For any smaller person thinking of getting a Beaver Creek...well. I would recommend spending a little more on a model that suits.. Shop around!! I wish I had!! But, alas... my Beaver Creek used to be amazing to me and now I have a hard time even picking it up to play. Ignorance is bliss but playing a guitar that is designed so superbly is just plain fun.

I just bought a BCTD191 for $170 at a used guitar shop but it was brand new. i think they're a good guitar.

Hi,
One of the reasons this guitar may have sounded better when you first purchased is that maybe you havent taken care of your guitar properly. Since guitars are natural products, the would has to be maintained correctly..ie the right humidity etc...as well, the BeaverCreek guitar is considerably less expensive, and therefore cannot and should not be compared to the Takamine. As well Takamine guitars are also made in SE Asia...

--midgets opinions don't count, you're just a mistake. don't blame the guitar for your inability to play it properly as a result of your 5 year old fingers.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.