Re: Decca Guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Jonny Toxik on Thu, 03/06/03 - 00:42:54.

I own a Decca guitar, it is what I learned to play on many years ago. From what little I have gathered about them they were an order by mail brand, and you could only get them from a catolog such as Sears & Roebuck. I havent been able to find a price for them or any ifo on what catalogs they were from. Mine has a Ernie Ball Musicman-like peghead (4 one side 2 on the other) and has a metal pick guard with 2 giant switches which seem to have no effect on tone. It has a brown & yellow sunburst paint job (ewwww).I thought I possibly had the only one in existence, lol, guess not.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

decca guitar

just got this gutiar from my mom she in 1969 and its the only one in the world because its signed by jonny cash and van halen

Decca Guitars

On the write up some time ago concerning Decca Guitars, Robert stated they absolutely nothing to do with Decca Records. This is incorrect. I am a record collector and have 45rpm Decca record sleeves advertising "Decca Guitars". Obviously, there is a connection to Decca here.

I own a used, for parts Decca DMI-124 ACOUSTIC GUITAR.

It is a 3/4 size .If you are interested you can email me.

Re: Decca Guitar\12 string acustic\japan-newyork dist.

i was given a decca 12 string acustic made in japan distibuted in new york apears to have age i cannot find any numbers: any idea how to find information about it?

We recently bought a Decca at a auction of a storage shed it had been unopened in 30 or more years my husband loves to play since he was 4 years old so this really caught his eye also he recently bought a longstar do you know anything about them recently we bought a banjo from the 50's bought it for 10.00 . He loves the music .

: We recently bought a Decca at a auction of a storage shed it had been unopened in 30 or more years my husband
really likes these old ones his has this # inside does anyone know about this ?
Decca S101 hand crafted model # c2360 excellent shape
he says this is a 3/4 and its the kind Marty Robbins used ?
his has the paper deal inside

: I own a Decca guitar, it is what I learned to play on many years ago. From what little I have gathered about them they were an order by mail brand, and you could only get them from a catolog such as Sears & Roebuck. I havent been able to find a price for them or any ifo on what catalogs they were from. Mine has a Ernie Ball Musicman-like peghead (4 one side 2 on the other) and has a metal pick guard with 2 giant switches which seem to have no effect on tone. It has a brown & yellow sunburst paint job (ewwww).I thought I possibly had the only one in existence, lol, guess not.

: : I own a Decca guitar, it is what I learned to play on many years ago. From what little I have gathered about them they were an order by mail brand, and you could only get them from a catolog such as Sears & Roebuck. I havent been able to find a price for them or any ifo on what catalogs they were from. Mine has a Ernie Ball Musicman-like peghead (4 one side 2 on the other) and has a metal pick guard with 2 giant switches which seem to have no effect on tone. It has a brown & yellow sunburst paint job (ewwww).I thought I possibly had the only one in existence, lol, guess not.

I have been doing some study on Decca guitars for a little time now and i dont know much. but i have learned one very important factor to my search. Niether does any body else, including the guy who says hes a CEO for decca.Maybe decca needs a bail out from OBAMA!

I bought mine in Dec 71 from the Music Box in Hyattsville MD The action was poor and in trying to adjust it I broke the truss rod. was my first ever guitar =)

Was not mail order.

I found a Decca guitar lying in my woodworks shop at school, and my teacher let me take it home. My friend and I have been restoring it, and we nearly have it finished, the only thing missing is the tremolo spring. However the model of the guitar is kind of odd as we have not found any record of what type of guitar we own. Its a double cut-away archtop, with a tobacco sunburst and 3 single coil pick ups. We have looked everywhere and haven't been able to find any record of a 3 pick up Decca guitar. We're still looking...

I have a single pickup Decca guitar that was purchased for me around 1966 or 1967 for a Christmas present from my father. I think he purchase it at a discount store. Back then, every major discount store and big department stores sold guitars . It came with a small amp that is long gone.
It is dark brown and fades into a beige sunburst.I t has the Fender style neck, all tuning keys on one side, and actually still has a very good tone. It has the chrome pickguard. Probably not much value, just to me knowing how I got it. It was made in Japan.

: I have a single pickup Decca guitar that was purchased for me around 1966 or 1967 for a Christmas present from my father. I think he purchase it at a discount store. Back then, every major discount store and big department stores sold guitars . It came with a small amp that is long gone.
: It is dark brown and fades into a beige sunburst.I t has the Fender style neck, all tuning keys on one side, and actually still has a very good tone. It has the chrome pickguard. Probably not much value, just to me knowing how I got it. It was made in Japan.
I'm also retarded. And my father used to beat me with my decca.... Im also the ex-ceo for decca inc. Your guitars are worth mere pennies.... litterally, Deccas were originated in the late 60s for young children to pretend to be their idols.. Deccas were packaged in cereal boxes as ready-to-go kits.. you assembled them yourself... they are made from old left over popsicle sticks.. So Im glad to put your high hopes and sleepless nights of wondering whos going to come up to you and tell you your old guitar is rare and worth thousands... Because frankly it will just never happen..

I also have a single pickup Decca guitar I believe from 1970. It fades from brown to a yellowish color. It has a metallic pickguard and a metal rod over the strings on the head. I have searched for so long on any info of these mysterious guitars. Thanks.

: I own a Decca guitar, it is what I learned to play on many years ago. From what little I have gathered about them they were an order by mail brand, and you could only get them from a catolog such as Sears & Roebuck. I havent been able to find a price for them or any ifo on what catalogs they were from. Mine has a Ernie Ball Musicman-like peghead (4 one side 2 on the other) and has a metal pick guard with 2 giant switches which seem to have no effect on tone. It has a brown & yellow sunburst paint job (ewwww).I thought I possibly had the only one in existence, lol, guess not.

: : I own a Decca guitar, it is what I learned to play on many years ago. From what little I have gathered about them they were an order by mail brand, and you could only get them from a catolog such as Sears & Roebuck. I havent been able to find a price for them or any ifo on what catalogs they were from. Mine has a Ernie Ball Musicman-like peghead (4 one side 2 on the other) and has a metal pick guard with 2 giant switches which seem to have no effect on tone. It has a brown & yellow sunburst paint job (ewwww).I thought I possibly had the only one in existence, lol, guess not.

I wonder if Decca guitars have any relation to the big records label of the '40s - '70s

:Decca guitars were sold in record stores in the early 1960s

Decca Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Decca Guitar

I just got a Decca guitar at a flea marketin Indiana. I just started playing so i wanted a cheap one..it was only 15$! It's not all that bad though it was also made in Japan and has some sort of mexican design around the carved out circle thingy email me if anyone finds out the worth or anything thanks!

I picked up a Decca acoustic on Ebay for $40. It is pretty rough, but has a real unique shaped bridge and is kind of cool. I doubt they have any real value, and this one doesn't play very well.

I have a Decca acoustic guitar too and it is about 30 years old and I was wondering how much I could get for it on a trade in.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.