most expensive guitars in the world

Posted by Patrick LeBlanc on Mon, 04/30/01 - 10:42:52.

I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: most expensive guitars in the world

: I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
: them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
: expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ck out mandolin bros they have some of the rarest guitars known to man

ur a bell end.....get a life

mate! this guy is awesome!!!!

y dont u get a life and stop messin about! u..u...u big cock!

: I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
: them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
: expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way Blackie is the most expensive guitar, you are gonna fail!

Yeah- i dont have time to go through all these follow ups so this hopefuly was already mentioned but Eric Claptons guitar was "Blackie"....

: Yeah- i dont have time to go through all these follow ups so this hopefuly was already mentioned but Eric Claptons guitar was "Blackie"....

And the most expensive guitar is no longer Blackie

All i know is that Claptons Blackie sold for like 950 somethin thousand and I have been to teh guitar store that bought it. GUITAR CENTER

Yeah and that got beaten by some strat last year at an auction in Doha, Qatar on November 16th, 2005. The Strat was signed by several rock musicians to benefit a tsunami charity, ‘Reach out to Asia’. It was bought by Qatar’s royal family for a million dollars and donated back to the Asia Program, bringing in $2.7 million USD at the more recent auction, whose attendees included Former President Bill Clinton. Technically, the guitar has generated a total of $3.7 million USD, making it the most expensive guitar yet.

: All i know is that Claptons Blackie sold for like 950 somethin thousand and I have been to teh guitar store that bought it. GUITAR CENTER

i got a guitar that cost 50.000$ played by metalc gwar and kiss if u want to buy it my place is at 412 1st ave s conover n.c. 28613 its a jackson ext12 bass

: expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi
the tachi, italian made classicaal guitar is probabbly one of them selling at just a little over £15,000

I have seen a guitar that was 1 million dollars!
It is at www.martinguitar.com

: I have seen a guitar that was 1 million dollars!
: It is at www.martinguitar.com

it was 100,000 you tool

: : I have seen a guitar that was 1 million dollars!
: : It is at www.martinguitar.com

wat a prick
: it was 100,000 you tool

try .taylor . martin .maton all great guitars

: : I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
: : them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
: : expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
: try .taylor . martin .maton all great guitars

http://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/choosing/guitars.php?p=pl&m=D-100%20Deluxe

go to martin guitars home page they have some for 100,000 and 50000
i think its mguitar.com

How can you not include Stevie Ray Vaughan's strat. Its locked up in a vault somewhere after he died. That to me is the worlds most expensive guitar.

: How can you not include Stevie Ray Vaughan's strat. Its locked up in a vault somewhere after he died. That to me is the worlds most expensive guitar.

I red that some millionere offerd Jimmie Vauhan's .(SRV's bro) 2,000,000 for it and he still turned him down ....dam

Surely the World`s most expensive guitar must be Jimi Hendrix`s favourite strat , which was , allegedly, buried with it`s, and every guitar`s master!

The most expensive guitars in the world is problably jimi hendrix's cream strat, eric claptons blackie, Jimmy page's legandary les paul, jimmy page's double-neck SG, srv's lenny strat{personally one of my favorite}, billy gibbons legandary les paul, slash's les paul, steve vai's ibanez, van halens sick sick sick frankenstein. If you don't like the sound of ac/dc's angus young & his sick sg. Your menttaly retarted.

jimi hendrix's srat that he played at woodstock was purchased by the owner of microsoft for 3.8 mill....

i think that robert plant's double neck sg is smaller than my puss

Comment Pages

I'm sure the intention of this site was not for rude, nasty comments. Obviously most of you are teenagers who are basically illiterate or are at the very least, just out of high-school and can't spell worth a damn. You have no business making rude comments to others, perhaps you should go back to school or just go back to playing with your X-Box rather than allow yourselves to look like total idiots!

what about kurt cobains daphne blue jag stang that he used in his smells like teen spirit video

it was said that it was his favorite guitar

I think Kurt smashed up that guitar he used in the smells like teen spirit video at a later date, sorry.
But his mosrite gospel was sold recently for about $193,000 I think, Im not sure.

: : : : I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
: : : : them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
: : : : expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
: : : try .taylor . martin .maton all great guitars

: I think you mean "Blackie", but Page has a couple of '50s Les Pauls that are worth about $50G, American. There are also some Benedettos, and other arch-tops that retail over 25,000... You have to be more specific about new or used guitars...

lick my toes

i have a encore strat it cos me £20 it was very expensive it took it me 56 years to save up for !!!!!!

the most expensive guitar in the world is no longer claptons...its Jerry garcias tiger and wolf..tiger sold for 750k or so..both went for 1.74 mill damnand there are plenty of standard 20-30k guitars and basses..ck alembic..ck out edroman guitars..also some really old martins can go for the big buck

: : : I am trying to compile a list of the 10 most expensive guitars in the world, past and present and find info on each one of
: : : them for an independant study I am doing for my guitar class. I have "brownie" played by eric clapton as the most
: : : expensive guitar but I am having trouble finding the rest of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
: : try .taylor . martin .maton all great guitars

I think you mean "Blackie", but Page has a couple of '50s Les Pauls that are worth about $50G, American. There are also some Benedettos, and other arch-tops that retail over 25,000... You have to be more specific about new or used guitars...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.