Decca Hollow body guitar info/interested?

Posted by Jon on Mon, 08/18/03 - 16:57:41.

Hello, I was recently at a local antique store looking for vintage guitars and found a decca hollow body. It had 2 f holes, spring lever type tremolo, raised type pick guard, 2 knobs, 2 switches and 2 pickups. It was in great condition and I really liked the style of the guitar. They are asking $150 for it and I thought that was a bit high. Does any one have any idea of the value of this guitar? I'm still thinking about buying it but if any one else is interested in it let me know and I could take some pictures and get it shipped to you. Thanks for the help, Jon ( jonw2000@excite.com )

Related News:
Epiphone ES-339
Epiphone Ultra-339

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Decca Hollow body guitar info/interested?

: Hello, I was recently at a local antique store looking for vintage guitars and found a decca hollow body. It had 2 f holes, spring lever type tremolo, raised type pick guard, 2 knobs, 2 switches and 2 pickups. It was in great condition and I really liked the style of the guitar. They are asking $150 for it and I thought that was a bit high. Does any one have any idea of the value of this guitar? I'm still thinking about buying it but if any one else is interested in it let me know and I could take some pictures and get it shipped to you. Thanks for the help, Jon ( jonw2000@excite.com )

Decca guitars were made by Teisco. With the exception of the Teisco Spectrum 5, Teisco's usually are not big dollar vintage sellers. That said, the hollow bodies do go for more than the Teisco solid body guitars.

HAHA Awesome. Im trying to research Decca's too cuz my grandma got a signed acoustic at an auction for 10 bucks. I dunno if its worth much, but if anyone who knows what they're talking about reads this gimme an email plz.

I have just read all of the replies dumb people have been sending to your guitar. I am sorry people like to joke around like this. That 2 f-hole hollow body decca is only worth 6500.00. I suggest that you go to that antique shoppe and buy it on up. If I only knew where this place was.
Sincerely,
Jason Stone of Sunny California

:It's too bad that even your comment was bullshit. I went & bought a Decca guitar I saw on ebay after reading it. It's a shame that jerks like you ruin these sites that were created to be of real help to people. Anyway I actually like my new Decca - SO SCREW YA !!!

I have a decca electric with two f-holes & vibrato like you described.
Where do I find out how much it's really worth ?

I just got a Decca hollow body from my dad for christmas is it really worth that much???? WOW I am very surprized I think I might Hang on to it after all thanks for the info. E-mail me if you have any questions

You dumb shit! You missed a deal of a lifetime!!! That guitar with 2 f-holes is worth more than my van!!!!!! You dumb piece of SHIT!!! FFUCK YYYOOOOUUUUU!!!!! God Damn it!!!!!

Dear Sir,

I am willing to fly you at my expense to Japan. I will expect you to bring the guitar in a nice case with a pick. I have been looking for a 2 f-hole Decca for many years. This would be like a dream come true. I will pay for your accomidations and your passport photo if you need one.

Thank You,
Dim Summ

: Dear Sir,

: I am willing to fly you at my expense to Japan. I will expect you to bring the guitar in a nice case with a pick. I have been looking for a 2 f-hole Decca for many years. This would be like a dream come true. I will pay for your accomidations and your passport photo if you need one.

: Thank You,dear sir., i have a really nice very light decca with f holes pls call or email me so we can talk.
: Dim Summ

Please tell me where this store is, I just sold my last one for 116,000.00 dollars. I cannot believe that this 'antique' store dosn't have any idea on the worth of such a gem. It must be a fake, does it have two f-holes?

I'm glad to hear this, I wish I knew where this store was because that guitar is worth well over 200,000.00-300,00.00 dollars. However, it MUST have 'two' f-holes. Happy shopping my guitar playing brethren.

Really, I have a 3 pick up, 3 switch, thin hollow body electric decca, pretty decent shape, how much is it really worth?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.