Granada Electric guitars

Posted by Nicolas on Wed, 10/01/03 - 17:53:19.

i have a nice wine red hollow body Granada electric guitar. a paper in the case says 1978 and thats all i know about it. If anyone knows anything about this company let me know.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Granada Electric guitars

ihave a granada id dont know anything about such as age ive had it for 27 years and i got it used back then please help me i can send pics if needed

: i have a nice wine red hollow body Granada electric guitar. a paper in the case says 1978 and thats all i know about it. If anyone knows anything about this company let me know.

There is not a whole lot of information about these guitars out there. I think I had the same guitar you are speaking of. Mine was wine red with gold hardware, it was a copy of a Les Paul Deluxe. From what I understand, and it could be hearsay, these guitars were made by Aria in Japan. They were made out of decent materials, but the main objection about them was that they had a bolt-on neck. Les Pauls are supposed to have a set-neck. Because the neck was bolted on; people assumed that they were cheap and bought the Tokai Love Rocks instead. The Granada is very similar to the El Degas. Though I am not sure who made the El Degas.

I also have a wine-red Granada hollowbody guitar. Bolt-on neck, gibson es335 t copy. The person who sold it to me, told me it was from 1979. It sounds very good, and plays very nice. It's made in Japan, but I'd like to know more about it.

i too just bought one today and am curious to know more about the company. mine is a gorgeous cherry red 335 clone in mint condition

: i too just bought one today and am curious to know more about the company. mine is a gorgeous cherry red 335 clone in mint condition
:

The company was forced to close in thee early 80's due to infrindgements on Gibson design. Whenever I take mine in for service, the guys love it and handle it with the greatest of respect. If you have the same guitar, it weights maybe 2 lbs. This is a BLUES Guitar. You can beat it, bend it, heck, you can even sleep with it if inclined to (nice curves)... Value.. I'll give you 50.00 USD Right now. I could sell it easily for a grand to a guitar lover (maybe more). No! I don't sleep with mine as it never trims its strings.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.