italian clasical guitar

Posted by shawn on Mon, 10/06/03 - 18:21:39.

I have limited knowledge on guitars. I have a guitar which reads "Clarissa BY C.L. Strumenti Musicali" there is a modle number, it is G-52L. I purchaced the guitar in Germany while on posting there. It has traveled with me to many different locations. However on my last move it received some dammage. I have been asked to get a quote, howver have been unsuccessfull. I dont want to depreciate the guitar by re-finishing it. Does any one have an idea ref this old guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: italian clasical guitar

Hi,
I too have a Clarissa guitar with a model # G-300 EL. I was wondering if you found any info on this guitar.

Judith

Clarissa Guitars

I bought a Clarissa tobacco sunburst round back guitar in 1987, brand new from a guitar show in Derby. I cannot remember who the retailer was or where in Derby the show was held. I do remember paying £ 229.00 for it and that included a hard case. The label inside is an orange oval, with stylised musical notes and treble clefs on a stave, the wording just says CLARISSA in the centre, in bold type then N.2 in normal type under the last A in Clarrisa then Mod-- GA 100 under that. no other info at all. It has an under bridge pietzo pickup, no pre-amp but still with stacked volume and tone controlls, the volume being the larger bottom knob. All work fine, feeds back a bit but it must be one of the first under bridge pick-ups. The action is fine, the neck perfect, I use 12 light's on it which work well, giving a smooth rounded mellow tone. The top is solid spruce, ( I have had the torches and mirrors inside, to check grain patterns inside and out and they match ), the back is leather effect plastic, smooth inside and the only bracing is to the top, and that is not of the usual guitar pattern.
Like every one else I cannot find information regarding Clarissa guitars so we must keep trying
Big Brum

Hi, I have the same guitar too. I'm trying to sell, do you have any idea how much can I sell for? It is in very good condition. Thanks

: Hi,
: I too have a Clarissa guitar with a model # G-300 EL. I was wondering if you found any info on this guitar.

: Judith

Me too - exactly the same model in a sunburst effect. Can't find anything on them though :-(

Justin

: I too have a Clarissa guitar with a model # G-300 EL. I was wondering if you found any info on this guitar.

: Judith

RE- ACUSTIC GITARS

: Me too - exactly the same model in a sunburst effect. Can't find anything on them though :-(

: Justin

: : Hi,
: : I too have a Clarissa guitar with a model # G-300 EL. I was wondering if you found any info on this guitar.

: : Judith

Hi,
Just to confuse the issue.I have a Clarissa by C.L.Strumenti musicali. colore 6. G-300.
This guitar is a copy of an ovation electro acoustic with a centre sound hole.. Sounds pretty good and the action is fine.I have tried for years to trace the company on the internet without any luck.
If any one can add to this please let me know.
By the way I am located in UK.
Regards,
Richard.

Hi Richard

Try Polverini Brothers. Does it have CL on the headstock?

Cheers

Sandy

: Just to confuse the issue.I have a Clarissa by C.L.Strumenti musicali. colore 6. G-300.
: This guitar is a copy of an ovation electro acoustic with a centre sound hole.. Sounds pretty good and the action is fine.I have tried for years to trace the company on the internet without any luck.
: If any one can add to this please let me know.
: By the way I am located in UK.
: Regards,
: Richard.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.