old cordova guitar

Posted by Jo on Sun, 11/23/03 - 08:22:54.

I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

old cordova guitar

The Cordova were made in west germany Willy Cordova = the WC in the model number and they were hand made.the part = number made. like mine is a clasical guitar WC 014 would be the 14th one he made the serial number first 2 numbers the year it was made. mine is 63299 year date month so nov./29/63 as for the money there worth depends on who is collecting they sold for around 250 to 300 new in the 60s so best gess in mint condish you might get 1000 to 1500 today or 300 to 500 for one in used condish.

cordova 12 string

I have a old Cordova 12 guitar model 41025 ser #75. I bought it around 1970. Can anyone tell me anything about it.

Cordova

I think its the 299th one made in 63. My sister has model WC10 perfect condition, 63167

cordova guitar

i have a cordova wc018. it was purchased by my father in 1972. anyone know the value of this instrument?

cordova guitar

I also have a cordova. My father inlaw bought it 40 to 50 yrs ago. I have the model # WCO26 Serial #63360 etc. The guitar is in excellent condition. Don't know what it's worth if anyone knows.

Cordova guitar

I read your comments about the Cordova guitar. The one you have was most likely made in the 1960's and is probably laminated top, back and sides. These guitars are made well, but were not an expensive guitar. Price today would be about what it cost new, around a few hundred dollars.

Re: old cordova guitar

: I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

Yes they have about the same value as a similar Goya model. They were high quality guitars that were made in west germany in the Hauser style. Not very common.

Hello!

I realize this is an old post but I am checking in to see if you possibly still have that Cordova guitar?
My father bought one when he was a teenager. Over the years the guitar was destroyed. I am on a quest to replace my father's childhood guitar. Any help or wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
Warm wishes,
Sam

: I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

looking for cordoba?

i have a old cordoba acustic guitar. are you still looking to get one for your dad?

Old Cordova Guitar

I just happen to have an early 60's model. I just restrung it to play after having to take my "regular" guitar in for service. It's in good shape except for where where a pick guard should have been. Many years of playing have worn away some of the finish. Can furnish pictures.

Will sell.

Rick

I stumbled across this thread today doing a search for Cordova Guitars. I bought one (a jumbo 12 string) in the late 60's and it is a beautiful instrument. The one thing that sold me on it was that it has such a thin neck (especially for a 12 string) but it is steel reinforced so it has never bowed ov all this time. I developed a crack in the sound board where the to wood was joined from the bridge to the end of the sound board. This is easily fixed, but since I live in a low humidity area I could see it happening again if I didn't control the humidity.
It is a Model 41025 and the Serial No is 87. (Yeah you red it correctly, 87). I paid about $300 for it in lat 60's so best estimate would be 1500-2500 today. I think I'm going to give it to Leo Kottke.

: Hello!

: I realize this is an old post but I am checking in to see if you possibly still have that Cordova guitar?
: My father bought one when he was a teenager. Over the years the guitar was destroyed. I am on a quest to replace my father's childhood guitar. Any help or wisdom would be greatly appreciated!
: Warm wishes,
: Sam

: : I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

old cordova guitar-Response to Sam

I still have the 12 string Cordova If you are still interested Sam. peg.head@yahoo.com

cordova guitars are made in spain, portugal, you stupid bitch, not in west germany, idiot, and yes it might be worth a considerate amountof money, add me to the msn....

cordova guitars are made in spain, portugal, you stupid bitch, not in west germany, idiot, and yes it might be worth a considerate amountof money, add me to the msn....

Cordova guitars were made in Germany by a spanish family that moved there. They were later made in Italy by an Italian gentleman who acquired the name at some point. Both are out of business, as far as I know. Your attack is just plain abusive and wrong. The guitar undoubtedly was labelled "made in Germany" ... and it was.

cordova

Label inside says west Germany, made by teller family, not so stupid

: : I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

: cordova guitars are made in spain, portugal, you stupid bitch, not in west germany, idiot, and yes it might be worth a considerate amountof money, add me to the msn....

Diego, you're the fool here. Yes, Cordoba guitars are made in Spain, but the one in question is a Cordova, made in West Germany. I know, I have one too, your a freakin, unobservant idiot!

: cordova guitars are made in spain, portugal, you stupid bitch, not in west germany, idiot, and yes it might be worth a considerate amountof money, add me to the msn....

I also have a Cordova Guitar from West Germany. I don't know anything about the guitar. I haven't played it because I still need to fix it. The jerk was talking about Cordoba Guitars, not Cordova Guitars. There is a be difference. It looks like my model WC-40 has a plywood sound board.: : : I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

: : cordova guitars are made in spain, portugal, you stupid bitch, not in west germany, idiot, and yes it might be worth a considerate amountof money, add me to the msn....

Cordova guitars are made in Germany by a luthier named Oskar Teller . Mason Williams has one and is his primary guitar . It was given to him by Tommy Smothers .

I have a cordova guitar that is hand marked model SPC-66, serial number 101.
Can anyone shed any information on the value of this guitar. It is stringed in nylon.

I have a Cordova guitar that I bought used in 1972, in California. The inner label says it is made in W. Germany, is a model WLA8 and Serial Number 64379. Does anybody know more about these guitars? It has a very narrow neck which makes fingering a dream.

: YOUR GUITAR WAS MADE IN GERMANY MOST LIKELY BY A LUTHIER NAMED OSKAR TELLER. MASON WILLIAMS OF CLASSICAL GAS FAME OWNS ONE AND IT IS HIS PRIMARY GUITAR. IT WAS GIVEN TO HIM BY TOMMY SMOTHERS OF THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS.

I also have had a Cordova guitar since the 70`s and I place a high value on it because it still sounds great and has stood up well over the years.The person I purchased it from said it had travelled around Europe in the 50`s with Gypsies. But I am also curious as to a "market value" if anyone knows about this brand, it would be interesting to learn more about it. My model no. looks like WCOA21 and it has a hand written serial no in it as well.

I have an old Cordova guitar too, Model WS-080, a somewhat non-standard classical guitar that I bought in the mid-1960s. I'd be interested in any information that turns up about it, particularly historical information. The instrument is a bit heavier than most classical guitar and the neck a bit thinner narrower.

cordova german

I have a Cordova Made in Germany it is a beauty. tiger or ribbon maple sides cedar top near mint condition. My plans are to list it on Ebay. thoughts anyone? ps try not to call me a Stupid Bitch. yes Made in Germany

Old Cordova Guitar

I have a old Cordova guitar - Model # WL012 Serial # 6436 (?)
I would like to learn more about this guitar, but haven't been able to find any useful information online. Any advice? Or helpful links to learning more about Cordova guitars?

Thanks,
Vanessa

Cordova Guitar

Hey i have an old Cordova guitar that my dad bought for me in the mid 70's. Made in West Germany. The model number is 41015 Serial #117. It has mother -of -pearl inlays. Can anyone tall me anything about this flat top?

I just picked one up at an estate sale for $50. Model is WC-010.

What is the condition of the Cordova guitar you bought at the estate sale? Would you be interested in selling it?

: I have an old Cordova guitar too, Model WS-080, a somewhat non-standard classical guitar that I bought in the mid-1960s. I'd be interested in any information that turns up about it, particularly historical information. The instrument is a bit heavier than most classical guitar and the neck a bit thinner narrower.

I also have a 1960ish Cordova Classical Guitar made in West Germany. It has a wide neck. I am interested in finding out its value.

Do you still have this Cordova? And, did you ever find anything about it? I have had one for 20 years, but know nothing about it. csmither98@hotmail.com

: : : I have an old Cordova guitar that was made in West Germany about 40 years ago. It has a model number and serial number inside. Does anyone know if it has any value?

: : I have an old Cordova guitar too, Model WS-080, a somewhat non-standard classical guitar that I bought in the mid-1960s. I'd be interested in any information that turns up about it, particularly historical information. The instrument is a bit heavier than most classical guitar and the neck a bit thinner narrower.

i have a classical model 41040
georgous guitar,priceless tone
$300 back in early 60's
worth 1500-2000 nowdays
iwouldn't sell it unless my kid needed
open heart surgery

: I have an old Cordova guitar too, Model WS-080...

Sorry. That was a typo. The Model is WC-080.

-Laurie

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.