Re: D'Agastino Benchmark

Posted by Charles Jestings on Sat, 12/13/03 - 06:36:27.

: I have a D'agastino acoustic that has been mine since I was 13 (X-mas 1982). Still to date the nicest guitar I've ever owned. I just wish I'd had a little more respect for it as a youth as it plays like a dream but has gone through it's fair share of abuse. I wont ever sell it as it has far too much sentimental value behind it so I guess the condition isn't too important as far as keeping the resale up. My Guitar instructor knew the guy in jersey and my folks paid about $350 for it. Fine piece of craftsmanship.
: : There's really not a lot of info on these guitars. I just picked one up on ebay last month...and what an amazing guitar. They come up on ebay infrequently and I've never seen one go for more than $700. They are tremendously undervalued.

: : Below is some info I found and there also are user reviews at harmony central - http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/D-Agostino/

:
: :
: : Info from - http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseCategory.asp?Product=electricguitar&Heading=214

: : Instruments previously produced in Italy by the EKO company between 1978 and 1982. Instrument production was contracted to the EKO Custom Shop in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and distributed by PMS Music of New York, New York. After 1982, instruments were produced in Japan.
: : Pat D´Agostino (ex-Gibson/Maestro Effects) began his own instrument importing company in 1975. The D´Agostino Corporation of New Jersey began importing acoustic dreadnoughts, then introduced the Italian-built Benchmark Series of guitars in 1977. These models featured laminated neck-through designs, two humbuckers, and a 3+3 headstock. Production then moved to Korea in the early 1980´s, although some better models were built in Japan in the 1990´s. Pat, assisted by Steven D´Agostino and Mike Confortti, have always maintained a high quality control level and limited quantities.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : I have D'Agastino Les Pual copy it is buy far the best guitar I have ever played Bound neck and looks like a show peice. But no one can tell me anything about the maker I heard throw a friend that he only maade custom guitar's but I don't know how true it is. If somone out there know's aanything about it I would love to hear from you. chuck

: : : I have D'Agastino Les Pual copy it is buy far the best guitar I have ever played Bound neck and looks like a show peice. But no one can tell me anything about the maker I heard throw a friend that he only maade custom guitar's but I don't know how true it is. If somone out there know's aanything about it I would love to hear from you. chuck

hello, I have a young lady that would love to hear from you. she has no number to call you at or address. Tracie misses you very much, any thing you can do to call her

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.