Re: 27 year old Yamaha FG 160 E Acoustic/Electric

Posted by Marc on Sat, 08/21/04 - 09:41:00.

Hello,

I have a Fg160 1975 Acoustic Yahama.
Did you find out any more info about yours.
Do those guitar have any value today.
No intention to sell, it was my first guitar.
I play on Gibson and Gitane.
But love to know about the value.
Thank you for your input.
Marc

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 27 year old Yamaha FG 160 E Acoustic/Electric

: Hello,hi marc, i have just paid 120 pounds for a fg160 which i think is 1970s some one has removed the bridge bone to reduce the action, beautiful basey tone. looks old and basic but i love it. hope this helps. dennis.

: I have a Fg160 1975 Acoustic Yahama.
: Did you find out any more info about yours.
: Do those guitar have any value today.
: No intention to sell, it was my first guitar.
: I play on Gibson and Gitane.
: But love to know about the value.
: Thank you for your input.
: Marc

i have a Yamaha FG 160 Acoustic

whats up.. if anyone comes across this email me..

i have a yamaha FG160 acoustic... i bought it at a garage sale. id like to know what year it was made but im getting different years though im shooting towards to mid to late 70's .
help would be nice~rachael

Re: i have a Yamaha FG 160 Acoustic

:
: whats up.. if anyone comes across this email me..

: i have a yamaha FG160 acoustic... i bought it at a garage sale. id like to know what year it was made but im getting different years though im shooting towards to mid to late 70's .
: help would be nice~rachael

check this site out... I have the same guitar.. It was my first.http://www.yamaha.com/apps/guitararchives/guitarserial.htm

: :
: : whats up.. if anyone comes across this email me..

: : i have a yamaha FG160 acoustic... i bought it at a garage sale. id like to know what year it was made but im getting different years though im shooting towards to mid to late 70's .
: : help would be nice~rachael

: check this site out... I have the same guitar.. It was my first.http://www.yamaha.com/apps/guitararchives/guitarserial.htm

the only guitar that sounds as good is another fg 160 there brilliant

: : : I owned a Yamaha FG-160 in 1974... it was my first guitar Yamaha stopped hand making guitars shortly thereafter
: : : whats up.. if anyone comes across this email me..

: : : i have a yamaha FG160 acoustic... i bought it at a garage sale. id like to know what year it was made but im getting different years though im shooting towards to mid to late 70's .
: : : help would be nice~rachael

: : check this site out... I have the same guitar.. It was my first.http://www.yamaha.com/apps/guitararchives/guitarserial.htm

: the only guitar that sounds as good is another fg 160 there brilliant

I bought a Yamaha FG-160 in the early 80's, second hand, paid £40.00 for it. The action is still good and the tone has improved over the years....very mellow tone now. I've bought a number of acoustic guitars since but always go back to the Yamaha.

: : i have a yamaha FG160 acoustic... i bought it at a garage sale. id like to know what year it was made but im getting different years though im shooting towards to mid to late 70's .

: check this site out... I have the same guitar.. It was my first.http://www.yamaha.com/apps/guitararchives/guitarserial.htm

I bought my first acoustic when I was in my first or second year of college 71 or 72. It was an fg-160. I still have it and play it often. Most folks say it sounds great. I had the neck adjusted and some other work on it to make it play a bit better through the years, but nothing major. Mine has a brown label inside, not a green one for whatever that is worth.

I bought my first acoustic when I was in my first or second year of college 71 or 72. It was an fg-160. I still have it and play it often. Most folks say it sounds great. I had the neck adjusted and some other work on it to make it play a bit better through the years, but nothing major. Mine has a brown label inside, not a green one for whatever that is worth.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.