Re: alcivar guitars

Advertisement
Posted by Ben on Sat, 07/30/05 - 18:26:11.

I think Alcivar was another brand made in the Ibanez factory (Fuji Gen Gakki), the same people that makes Ibanez, Memphis, Fender Heartfields, Antoria, Penco, etc.
The reason I think this is because I came across an Alcivar jazz box that was exactly the same as the Ibanez GB 10 (George Benson)except for the name on the headstock. The workmanship was impeccable. The same factory currently produces upscale Epiphones ( costing $ 2,000, not the cheaper Korean models) Apparently, and unfortunately, this factory is slated to be closed.
As far as quality, most Japanese guitars from the 80's were as good or better than the originals they copied; they were inexpensive but they were not "cheap".
I hope this shed some light.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: alcivar guitars

: I think Alcivar was another brand made in the Ibanez factory (Fuji Gen Gakki), the same people that makes Ibanez, Memphis, Fender Heartfields, Antoria, Penco, etc.
: The reason I think this is because I came across an Alcivar jazz box that was exactly the same as the Ibanez GB 10 (George Benson)except for the name on the headstock. The workmanship was impeccable. The same factory currently produces upscale Epiphones ( costing $ 2,000, not the cheaper Korean models) Apparently, and unfortunately, this factory is slated to be closed.
: As far as quality, most Japanese guitars from the 80's were as good or better than the originals they copied; they were inexpensive but they were not "cheap".
: I hope this sheds some light.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.