palmer guitars

Posted by bruce on Tue, 09/27/05 - 16:48:18.

can anyone enlighten me on the quality and value of palmer guitars?
I dont remember coming across that name, they seem to look well put togeher. Never having had the opportunity to play one I am reluctant to purchase one ( Ebay )
I tend to think thye are korean or chinese in origin,

any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

beeen playing a Palmer strat

beeen playing a Palmer strat for 25 years , neck is straight , upgraded the pups and pots after 24 years . Kicks butt !!!!

palmer electric guitar owner

Hi guyz , I'm ashley 4rm south africa , I was alwayz interested in guitars bt neva knew how 2 play it , so I decided 2 save up sum money n buy 1. , I saved up R1000 , (datz south african rands ). , I think its abt 100 dollars . N went 2 a local music store called dns music, datz wen da guy showed me a palmer electric guitar , he charged me R800 , 4 it , abt 80dollars , , brand new , since then , I enjoy playing wid it , its a made in usa product , so I was happy dat its great stuff from usa , well yeah , palmer guitar , da best affordable quality ,n its worth it , as 4 da replica of it , looks more like a washburn. So keep on posting comments abt palmer guitars we all like 2 know a bit more , thankz guys take care , ashley

Re: palmer guitars

I own a Palmer electric guitar, its a Les Paul replica
but it sounds incredilbe good the woods are well, very nice finish, it's all good.
I've played some Les Paul, believe me no difference at all
for 155$ is not so bad

The manufacturer is actualy from a company called Tropical Music Export Enterprises. You can go to http://www.tropicalmusic.com/system/catalog/products_list_brands.asp?marca_cod=4
and find a lot of info on palmer guitars and other palmer products.

I have a Palmer that is a Les Paul knock off, I too am seeking info on the manufaturer. I got mine about 11 years ago at a flea market fo $50 bucks. I have never owned a Les Paul but I love my Palmer, I was told Gibson made Palmer quit making them cause they were too good. Please pass any info you have on Palmer guitars........ Thanks!

: can anyone enlighten me on the quality and value of palmer guitars?
: I dont remember coming across that name, they seem to look well put togeher. Never having had the opportunity to play one I am reluctant to purchase one ( Ebay )
: I tend to think thye are korean or chinese in origin,

: any help would be much appreciated

: Thanks

: I have a Palmer that is a Les Paul knock off, I too am seeking info on the manufaturer. I got mine about 11 years ago at a flea market fo $50 bucks. I have never owned a Les Paul but I love my Palmer, I was told Gibson made Palmer quit making them cause they were too good. Please pass any info you have on Palmer guitars........ Thanks!

: : can anyone enlighten me on the quality and value of palmer guitars?
: : I dont remember coming across that name, they seem to look well put togeher. Never having had the opportunity to play one I am reluctant to purchase one ( Ebay )
: : I tend to think thye are korean or chinese in origin,

: : any help would be much appreciated

: : Thanks
I to have a palmer guitar.its a small scale acoustic w/ more frills than you can see on other high priced ones.I got it at a pawn shop for 50 bucks.made in korea.I have 15 guitars les pauls,strats etc.I love this one though. mr fla

I just bought a Palmer. I got it for 100 bucks at the pawn shop. I need some info on Palmer guitars. Anything will be very appreciated ! Thank You.

: I have a Palmer that is a Les Paul knock off, I too am seeking info on the manufaturer. I got mine about 11 years ago at a flea market fo $50 bucks. I have never owned a Les Paul but I love my Palmer, I was told Gibson made Palmer quit making them cause they were too good. Please pass any info you have on Palmer guitars........ Thanks!

: : can anyone enlighten me on the quality and value of palmer guitars?
: : I dont remember coming across that name, they seem to look well put togeher. Never having had the opportunity to play one I am reluctant to purchase one ( Ebay )
: : I tend to think thye are korean or chinese in origin,

: : any help would be much appreciated

: : Thanks

: I just bought a Palmer. I got it for 100 bucks at the pawn shop. I need some info on Palmer guitars. Anything will be very appreciated ! Thank You.

: : I have a Palmer that is a Les Paul knock off, I too am seeking info on the manufaturer. I got mine about 11 years ago at a flea market fo $50 bucks. I have never owned a Les Paul but I love my Palmer, I was told Gibson made Palmer quit making them cause they were too good. Please pass any info you have on Palmer guitars........ Thanks!

:
: : : can anyone enlighten me on the quality and value of palmer guitars?
: : : I dont remember coming across that name, they seem to look well put togeher. Never having had the opportunity to play one I am reluctant to purchase one ( Ebay )
: : : I tend to think thye are korean or chinese in origin,

: : : any help would be much appreciated

: : : Thanks

Ooooohhh!!! Just this morning I was thinking about the first guitar I ever owned. It was a lovely Palmer classical that my older sister bought me in 1989 for my twelfth birthday (she was much older and like a mother to me). She wanted me to be the female Eddie Van Halen; I wanted to be Geddy Lee. I immediately relieved the guitar of its top two strings and busied myself with the 2112 Overture. Once I got an actual bass I began to use the Palmer as a guitar, and man was I blown away at the sweet tones I could get. Mind you, it had been thrown against the wall by someone hellbent on revenge (resulting in a lovely gash down the neck), dropped down a flight of stairs sans case, and doused in countless beers. Still, it retained that honey-sweet sound and honey-glazed finish. Though many other instruments came and went in the years that followed, I managed to hang onto that thing. I left it with my ex five years ago (temporarily), and after reading all your comments I think I'm gonna have to go back and get my first baby!

I bought a 12-strings acoustic guitar and it sounds awesome. I can't find any information about this guitars but they are cheap (about 150 bucks) and they're very useful instruments. If any one can tell me a little more about this guitars please contact me.

I have a palmer classical, bought new in florida 25 years ago... the 80's! I found the following address but haven't checked it out,

Palmer Guitar Co.

Private Company, Headquarters Location
6850 SW 81st Ter., Miami FL 33143-7712, United States
(305) 594-3909,
Line of Business: Musical Instruments

The Palmer classical guitar I have has been played beside up to 6 other classical guitars in the same room at one time, ranging from $200 ~ $2000 dollars, and it rivalled them all, in the opioion of all who heard (i think mine was 150 back in 80). It was cheap to purchase, but sounds sooooooo so gooood.

yeah, I have a Palmer from I think the 90's, and it's really smooth. the bridge needs some work, there's a weird buzzing in the body when the D is played over the body, don't know what that's all about. and one of the tuning machines isn't......great....but it sounds pretty good, and plays like a dream. I'd definitely buy another.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.