Les Paul Recorder

Posted by japa on Tue, 01/24/06 - 12:35:18.

I have a 1972 Gibson Les Paul 'recorder' guitar for possible resale. Originally purchased 12 year ago for $600 as an investment. Guitar and case are all original and in great condition. It is for possible resale and am looking for information regarding it current value. Any help out there?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Les Paul Recorder if you still have it I have been looking for one.

: I have a 1972 Gibson Les Paul 'recorder' guitar for possible resale. Originally purchased 12 year ago for $600 as an investment. Guitar and case are all original and in great condition. It is for possible resale and am looking for information regarding it current value. Any help out there?

Re: Les Paul Recorder

: I have a 1972 Gibson Les Paul 'recorder' guitar for possible resale. Originally purchased 12 year ago for $600 as an investment. Guitar and case are all original and in great condition. It is for possible resale and am looking for information regarding it current value. Any help out there?

Don't know about value at this time, but I might be your buyer if the price and condition are right
I used to have one and parted with it in order to pay bills. I would like to get it or one like back.
dan

I am interested in buying it at a fair price. I owned one from 72-78. I orginally bought one thru the Army Exchange while stationed in Panama C.Z. direct from Gibson. it was $400.00 and the case was $100.00. I later sold in in Korea in 78 for $600.00 with the case. But in Korea they always pay more for things made in other countrys, there only allowed to buy things made in Korea. Let me know how much you want and if it's in as good of condition as you say and resonably priced I'll buy it. GCScorpio@aol.com my name is Gary. I don't think they are very populiar because the pick up's are not Humbucking and don't have the bite or same sound, they are black plastic and rounded at the top and bottom if it's like mine was,the wood on the back was scolped out so it didn't press against your ribs so hard. It has a black plastic plate over the volume and tone knobs and a built in phaser switch there also. I think you paid a fair price for it back then. I don't know what it's worth today but when you decide to sell it let me know what your asking. My guess it it's worth at least $ 1,000.00 sense it old and in good shape and case included. I don't think there much demand for that model because of the pick up's and looks with that big black plastic plate on the front.

: : I have a 1972 Gibson Les Paul 'recorder' guitar for possible resale. Originally purchased 12 year ago for $600 as an investment. Guitar and case are all original and in great condition. It is for possible resale and am looking for information regarding it current value. Any help out there?

: Don't know about value at this time, but I might be your buyer if the price and condition are right
: I used to have one and parted with it in order to pay bills. I would like to get it or one like back.
: dan

2-27-10
Hi, I'm still out here interested in a LP Recorder guitar. Did you find a buyer yet?
Dan Kirchner
firstguitar@ispmgt.com

Letg me know if you sold it and how much. I have one and for some reason, no one seems to interested in the recorder.

I am interest in buying one in good condition and a case if possible. I used to have one and I know why people aren't interested. The pick up's don't bite like the hummbuckings do, they don't have the rock guitar sond like other Les Paul's and the big black plastic guard over the volume and tone controls and phase switch make the guitar look kinda ugly. I would like one because I used to have one it was my first Gibson. I think they are worth less than a thousand maybe much less. I think $ 600.00 the most they have ever sold for. I sold mine for about that much back in 78 but it was Korea and they pay more for things made in other country's, they don't allow imports.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.