Re: KASUGA GUITARS

Advertisement
Posted by Daniel S. Bulanda on Tue, 03/21/06 - 20:27:54.

I own a Kasuga Acoustic 6 string guitar. I also can't find any real information about Kasuga International either, but I can tell you about my guitar.

I purchased my Kasuga guitar brand new in 1982. I believe it was made in the late 70's, and had been sitting around in this music dealer's house/shop for a few+ years. Model HC - 500. I believe it is a Martin D-50 copy. It is a very well crafted guitar. The tone is exeptional. Rosewood fretboard, solid spruce top, 2 piece back. Not sure if the back & sides are solid, but believe them to be Brazilian Rosewood. The only alterations I've made is, 1 - brass nut, 2 - brass saddle.

A friend of mine, who owns a Martin, prefers the tone of my guitar over his, and I agree with him. I use light gage strings.

Purchased in Prescott Onatrio Canada for $717.00 (CND $'s) (720 plus taxes).

I've tried many guitars since I purchased my Kasuga, and I still love the action, sound, and feel of my guitar best. My Kasuga is a beautiful guitar. Best money I ever spent.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

KASUGA 12 STRING

HI,I HAVE A KASUGA 12 STRING,MODEL NUMBER GU3615,IT HAS A PICK UP WHICH SEEMS TO BE FACTORY,SUNBURST IN COLOUR,ANY BODY HAVE ANY INFO?,,,,,,,LIKE YEAR,THX ANTHONY

KASUGA 12 STRING

HI,I HAVE A KASUGA 12 STRING,MODEL NUMBER GU3615,IT HAS A PICK UP WHICH SEEMS TO BE FACTORY,SUNBURST IN COLOUR,ANY BODY HAVE ANY INFO?,,,,,,,LIKE YEAR,THX ANTHONY

KASUGA GUITARS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: KASUGA GUITARS

KASUGA GUITARS

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: KASUGA GUITARS

: I own a Kasuga Acoustic 6 string guitar. I also can't find any real information about Kasuga International either, but I can tell you about my guitar.

: I purchased my Kasuga guitar brand new in 1982. I believe it was made in the late 70's, and had been sitting around in this music dealer's house/shop for a few+ years. Model HC - 500. I believe it is a Martin D-50 copy. It is a very well crafted guitar. The tone is exeptional. Rosewood fretboard, solid spruce top, 2 piece back. Not sure if the back & sides are solid, but believe them to be Brazilian Rosewood. The only alterations I've made is, 1 - brass nut, 2 - brass saddle.

: A friend of mine, who owns a Martin, prefers the tone of my guitar over his, and I agree with him. I use light gage strings.

: Purchased in Prescott Onatrio Canada for $717.00 (CND $'s) (720 plus taxes).

: I've tried many guitars since I purchased my Kasuga, and I still love the action, sound, and feel of my guitar best. My Kasuga is a beautiful guitar. Best money I ever spent.

: : I own a Kasuga Acoustic 6 string guitar. I also can't find any real information about Kasuga International either, but I can tell you about my guitar.

: : I purchased my Kasuga guitar brand new in 1982. I believe it was made in the late 70's, and had been sitting around in this music dealer's house/shop for a few+ years. Model HC - 500. I believe it is a Martin D-50 copy. It is a very well crafted guitar. The tone is exeptional. Rosewood fretboard, solid spruce top, 2 piece back. Not sure if the back & sides are solid, but believe them to be Brazilian Rosewood. The only alterations I've made is, 1 - brass nut, 2 - brass saddle.

: : A friend of mine, who owns a Martin, prefers the tone of my guitar over his, and I agree with him. I use light gage strings.

: : Purchased in Prescott Onatrio Canada for $717.00 (CND $'s) (720 plus taxes).

: : I've tried many guitars since I purchased my Kasuga, and I still love the action, sound, and feel of my guitar best. My Kasuga is a beautiful guitar. Best money I ever spent.

Hey Will my Kasuga has the same model no` thats strange are you in America as im`e in Australia.

I have a Kasuga guitar and have had it since the mid seventies looks as new as the day i bought for $500 its sunburst in color, looks like a blackwood timber, Model no`GU3610. wonderfull sound must be worth a bit by now.

Kasuga Guitar

I also have a Kasuga Acoustic Model GU3610 that I bought brand new here in Perth in 1979.
It is well crafted, also with a sunburst finish and is a great looking and sounding guitar.
It looks very similar to the Gibson Hummingbird model.

Does anyone have any info on a kasuga D-300 acoustic?

Correction: I purchased my Kasuga HC-500 in 1981 not 1982.

Regards,

Daniel

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.