Re: KASUGA GUITARS

Advertisement
Posted by phil jones on Wed, 05/10/06 - 12:24:27.

: I looked Kasuga up and I believe they still are making guitars but only in Japan. I saw ads when I was their in 1982. Here is an article that I got from the web.
: http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=94

: In May of ’72, a portentous advertisement appeared in The Music Trades. In an ad stretching across the top of a two-page spread, drawn cartoon-fashion with a jet soaring from Japan to the United States, the headline read, “Kasuga Guitars Come To America.” Kasuga was a guitarmaker established in Nagoya, Japan, in the late ’60s. In ’67, Tommy Moore, the successful musical instrument merchandiser from Ft. Worth, Texas, and one of the founders of Hondo, visited Japan in order to strike up a guitarmaking deal. With only a voucher of credit in his pocket and no contacts, Moore hooked up with a Mr. Kaku, who steered him to Tokai Gakki. Tokai had become very successful in Japan making and marketing the Pianaca, a keyboard harmonica used in Japanese schools. On December 15, 1970, Moore and Tokai Gakki entered a joint venture called Tokai USA Inc., and Tokai began making private label and OEM guitars.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I own a Kasuga Guitar my parents bought through my guitar teacher back in the early 1970's. From what I see through Googling they went out of business.

: : I looked Kasuga up and I believe they still are making guitars but only in Japan. I saw ads when I was their in 1982. Here is an article that I got from the web.
: : http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=94

: : In May of ’72, a portentous advertisement appeared in The Music Trades. In an ad stretching across the top of a two-page spread, drawn cartoon-fashion with a jet soaring from Japan to the United States, the headline read, “Kasuga Guitars Come To America.” Kasuga was a guitarmaker established in Nagoya, Japan, in the late ’60s. In ’67, Tommy Moore, the successful musical instrument merchandiser from Ft. Worth, Texas, and one of the founders of Hondo, visited Japan in order to strike up a guitarmaking deal. With only a voucher of credit in his pocket and no contacts, Moore hooked up with a Mr. Kaku, who steered him to Tokai Gakki. Tokai had become very successful in Japan making and marketing the Pianaca, a keyboard harmonica used in Japanese schools. On December 15, 1970, Moore and Tokai Gakki entered a joint venture called Tokai USA Inc., and Tokai began making private label and OEM guitars.

: I own a Kasuga Guitar my parents bought through my guitar teacher back in the early 1970's. From what I see through Googling they went out of business.

: : : I looked Kasuga up and I believe they still are making guitars but only in Japan. I saw ads when I was their in 1982. Here is an article that I got from the web.
: : : http://www.vintageguitar.com/brands/details.asp?ID=94

: : : In May of ’72, a portentous advertisement appeared in The Music Trades. In an ad stretching across the top of a two-page spread, drawn cartoon-fashion with a jet soaring from Japan to the United States, the headline read, “Kasuga Guitars Come To America.” Kasuga was a guitarmaker established in Nagoya, Japan, in the late ’60s. In ’67, Tommy Moore, the successful musical instrument merchandiser from Ft. Worth, Texas, and one of the founders of Hondo, visited Japan in order to strike up a guitarmaking deal. With only a voucher of credit in his pocket and no contacts, Moore hooked up with a Mr. Kaku, who steered him to Tokai Gakki. Tokai had become very successful in Japan making and marketing the Pianaca, a keyboard harmonica used in Japanese schools. On December 15, 1970, Moore and Tokai Gakki entered a joint venture called Tokai USA Inc., and Tokai began making private label and OEM guitars.

: : my mum plays acoustic and she purchased a kasuga about 20 years ago. i told her i woukd look it up for her. do you have eny info on a kasuga gu3610 acoustic eny infoi at all would be good. email me at come_on_and_flaunt_it_@ hotmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.