Re: conn guitar C-11

Posted by Tony on Thu, 10/28/04 - 23:02:43.

: I just picked up a Conn guitar (c-11) ss# 11761078, Im trying to find out something about it myself but so far all I find is info on CONN brass instruments. The guitar is nice with a good sound but the serial number on mine does not follow any of the serial number criteria as stated above, any thoughts?

I have a CONN classical guitar with info
that may be useful.

SER.NO 11760331 MODEL C-11

I "hear" the way to interpret this serial number is:

11=November/76=year 1976/0331= 331st guitar made that month.

19 frets, beautiful finish and rosette. HUGE resonance!

I've been playing for over 20 years. I have literally played almost 200 different classical guitars and I can truly attest that this CONN is the best sounding guitar I've ever played. This was acquired in 1982 from a friend who received it as a gift from Nancy Wilson of the group Heart. They were neighbors. It was estimated to be worth $375 back then.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: conn guitar C-11- I'm buying !!

:I just helped my neighbor fix up an her old CONN c-11 that was her husband's before he pased away. Her son wants to start lessons. I fell i love with the guitar and now want to buy one for my self.
this one dates from 1974.
any leads on where i can get another conn c-11 for myself ? It sounds just the the acoustic the beatles used on their early songs like " i'll be back again" and "things we said today".
MIke

Conn C-11 Classical Guitar (1974)

I have a Conn C-11 Classical Guitar w/hardcase. Never been played. Serial # 11741138. Looking to sell... Looking for 300 obo.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.