Re: conn guitar SN 71073881

Advertisement
Posted by Mark on Fri, 03/13/09 - 10:18:24.

: Sounds like we have matching units....the guitar you described is exactly like mine, but my Model Number is F2712....it's marked by hand with an engraving pencil, and the "F" was hard to make out, but the 2712 is legible. Mine bears serial number 27760749, purchased new for $350.00 in December 1977 at a music store in Winston-Salem, NC. It's been a fantastic guitar. I went out on a limb last fall and installed a Martin Thinline 332 acoustic pickup in the bridge.....I had some reservations about installing a pickup in an adjustable metal bridge, but it works very well. Unplugged, this guitar has always sounded great. But man, you should hear it at a hundred watts! Awesome.

:
: : : Anyone know about Conn guitars esp SN 71073881

: : I picked up a Conn 12-string acoustic a couple of years ago, and it is very well made, has excellent tone and is a fine instrument - I have been unable to locate any information on the manufacturer (I only knew the Conn name as a brass instrument maker) - My guitar has a sticker inside the soundhole printed 'C.B.Conn Ltd., Est. 1875, Oakbrook Illinois, Made in Japan' - also, hand-printed in ink is the serial number '81780329' and the model 'F2112' - It appears to be a spruce top, with mahogany sides and back, and an ebony fretboard with 8 rectangular 'mother-of-pearl' (probably plastic) insets - I would also like to know more about the company, and the year this unit was made, if anyone has the info -

I believe your guitar was made JUly of 1971, I have a Conn f-25 model #73081954 which was August of 1973 bought in summer of 74 or 75. I still love mine too.I saw one name one time that these may be Aria guitars for Conn ? I wish they were the Mossman survivors for Conn.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.