1965 Gibson Les Paul 302863

Posted by James on Wed, 09/04/02 - 17:25:18.
In Reply to Guitar Base

I recently inherited a 1965 Gibson Les Paul eletric guitar. The serial number is 302863. I was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate value on it. There is a note in the case that stated "This is a special edition commerative model in memory of a 1955 Les Paul Special. There were only three hundred made". Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 1965 Gibson Les Paul 302863

sorry no such guitar exsists 1960 was the year of the last LES PAUL guitar/ and Gibson parted ways from 61-68 they were SG new body shape as today, they brought back the LES PAUL Model we are familiar with single cutaway as today, in 1969, that was the Gold Top - and since '69 ALL LES PAULS are reissues,although made in what ever year they are still reissues Thanks I hope this helps -Z-

Re: 1965 Gibson Les Paul 302863

: I recently inherited a 1965 Gibson Les Paul eletric guitar. The serial number is 302863. I was wondering if anyone could give me an approximate value on it. There is a note in the case that stated "This is a special edition commemorative model in memory of a 1955 Les Paul Special. There were only three hundred made". Any help would be appreciated.

: Thanks

James the guitar is a heap of shit you should just send it to me and ill take it off your hands and it will only cost you €3000 to give the guitar to me. i will be expecting it juring the week.

Thanks for the useless info you two, right on then, here we go..

James;
I too have a guitar with the serial number quite close to yours that I'd love to know more about. Seeing as this was posted in 2004 I am hoping you found a more useful outlet of knowledge since then.

Can't wait to see the comedic relief this post should turn up!!!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.