Re: 1970's ovation matrix

Posted by slimhayes on Tue, 03/02/04 - 02:28:30.

: My brother works at Kaman Aerospace where the Ovation guitars were manufactured. He purchased the last two Ovation Matrix guitars before the company phased out the guitar manufacturing facility at Kaman in CT. My sister-in-law has one and I have the other. I wouldn't part with this guitar for all the tea in China. Not only for sentimental reasons, this guitar sounds fantastic and holds a tune like you would not believe. Kaman Aerospace/Ovation had a great product for very little $$.

2nd March, 2004.
I acquired an Applause Matrix guitar about a year ago, (with metal fingerboard). Are we talking about the same guitars? Andy Schlosser (at Kaman)tells me it would have sold for around $250 in the USA or £250 here in the UK. It's around twenty-five years old and- being virtually unplayed in all that time, is in immaculate condition. Does anyone know what this would be worth now?

Slim

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.