epiphone 12 string mod.# PR-715-12 -ASB

Posted by mitch on Sun, 08/12/01 - 14:46:55.
In Reply to Al's Guitar Gallery

i bought this guitar in the early 80's its mellowed out nicely,sounds good,have it strung 6 string cuz i like the room it allows my big fingers.time to replace the machine heads, bridge "nut" and pegs. no biggie.just wondering if anyones got any info on this model.would appreciate some feedback. thanx!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: epiphone 12 string mod.# PR-715-12 -ASB

i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

:
: : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

hey]

i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

thanks

: : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: :
: : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: hey]

: i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: thanks

To the gentleman who said he designed this guitar: What woods are used for the back and sides of this guitar?

: : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.
--
To the gentleman who said he designed this guitar: What woods are used for the back and sides of this guitar?

: : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

I have a one of these twelve strings that I am looking to sell. Is there anyone interested? If so call me at 2696996913. I grew up in Kalamazoo and I am now in Phoenix. These guitars are made with quality.
Tim

: : : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: : :
: : : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : hey]

: : i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: : i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: : thanks

: I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

: : : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: : :
: : : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : hey]

: : i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: : i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: : thanks

: I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

I just bought a epiphone by gibson 12 string pr715-12 at an auction. Would like to know more about when it was made, etc. Seems to be a nice guitar.

: : : : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: : : :
: : : : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : : : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : : hey]

: : : i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: : : i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: : : thanks

: : I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

: I just bought a epiphone by gibson 12 string pr715-12 at an auction. Would like to know more about when it was made, etc. Seems to be a nice guitar.

: : : : : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: : : : :
: : : : : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : : : : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : : : hey]

: : : : i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: : : : i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: : : : thanks

: : : I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

: : I just bought a epiphone by gibson 12 string pr715-12 at an auction. Would like to know more about when it was made, etc. Seems to be a nice guitar.

: : : : : : : i have the 6 string version of your guitar. My dad bought it in the 70s and its amazing, i dont really have any info, i just figured id say something cause i cant seem to find anyone who has a PR-715 model.

: : : : : :
: : : : : : : ~ I just bought an Epiphone PR-715ACR (six string) at a flea market. I can't find hardly anything online about this guitar. Seems to be a well built instrument, straight neck, action is low but not too low, no fret buzz, intonation is great, plays as well as my Fender Highway 1 Strat. It is in great condition - no flaws, shiny finish, only minor scratches, has a case.

: : : : : : My guess is this is a lower end Epiphone from the mid 80's. I'm just looking for information about the AC-715ACR (6 string).

: : : : : hey]

: : : : : i designed this guitar, and it's really nice to hear after all these years that it's out there and being played. i was director of marketing for gibson during the late 70's early 80's, and this guitar was part of an entire re-do of the epiphone line.

: : : : : i enjoyed the hell out of doing the whole line . . . wish i had a few - lucky you!

: : : : : thanks

: : : : I, too, have a 6 string PR 715 I just picked up. It's an '86 model. The headstock has inlaid "Epiphone by Gibson", and it looks like abalone? This thing is flawless and plays surprisingly well. My inner tag says it was made in Korea, not Japan, like some. I wish I could get more info on this little guitar.

I bought a 12 string pr 715 in about 1980 or 81 and just found it in the closet.Don't know what its worth but I don't play it and would like to get rid of it.Anybody know? It was made in Japan.

hello.....My sisters and I bought my dad a PR-715-12 ASB over 25 years ago maybe....excellent guitar...love it....my dad passed away and now it came back to me.....took it in and had it cleaned up.....man....it looks brand new and plays as such.....i'll own it forever.....what a full sound it has......love them 12 strings.....thanks...just wanted to share this......Mike...Chicago IL.

Seems we all want to know the same thing, "When was my PR-715-12-ASB made?" Mine is in immaculate shape with Serial# 04729 made in Japan.

I have the same 12 string. It sounds great! I recently put some Peavy strings on it. I am the oringal owner and purchased the guitar in the early 80's. It used to break the high G string but this new set has lasted a couple of months.

:An amazing guitar with amazing sound. Definately enough to fill any hall with sweet sound. I was given this instrument and would appreciate any info abt it. It has a paper label inside with serial #12403, made in Kalamazoo, Mich. Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture, value, etc.?

: :An amazing guitar with amazing sound. Definately enough to fill any hall with sweet sound. I was given this instrument and would appreciate any info abt it. It has a paper label inside with serial #12403, made in Kalamazoo, Mich. Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture, value, etc.?

I just purchased the exact same model as you own. Made in Kalamazoo Michigan, 12 string and tghe serial number is 12402. It also reads that it was made in Japan.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.