Re: 1970's ovation matrix

Posted by steve walden on Wed, 12/19/01 - 21:12:22.

: i recently picked up an older ovation matrix guitar. the product info
: is dated 1978. can anyone provide any info on this little gem? i don't
: have the model # with me, but email me if you know anything about this
: line in that time frame. thanks!

Hi I have one of these guitars also and was wondering if you ever found any info on it.
Thanks
Steve

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ovation acoustic Guitar serial number 1615926

Looking for information on my first Ovation acoustic guitar CC 057 serial number 1615926

ovation, matrix

I JUST PICKED UP A OVTION, WHICH THRU THE HOLE READS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM....OVATION 148164....A KAMAN MUSIC PRODUCT....MATRIX BY OVATION MODEL NO. 1632-1....MANUFACTURED IN THE USA.....SO I WAS JUST WONDERING IF SOMEONE KNOWS ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR MODEL....THERE MUST BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS GUITAR.....IT IS BEST TO REACH ME @ 513-485-1390 OR EMAIL ME @ rawdogxxx@yahoo.com.....THANKS, AND ROCK ON.

And another one with one of them old Ovation Matrix Guitars 1132, Aluminum neck, probably old and what have you.
I traded mine for one months rent 8 years ago, and it was used already. The guitar is not what I would call "in mint condition". A lot of the color is gone from the neck and the frets have to be changed, but I guess that's the price of time.
As for the way that beauty sounds, I can only chime in praising it as a real trooper. I never gigged with the guitar, it's been in the studio since I got it. I rented it out to a guy who recorded a cover of Led Zep's "Rain Song" in our studio and I almost fainted!!!
Now my question to you other owners of one of these diamonds, what am I looking at - pricewise - to get the frets changed? And what frets should I choose?
Also, to the person who is looking for a Matrix --> deep down in my heart I am a "Martin" man anyway, so if you want I can send you pix, so you can judge the condition of the guitar yourself. And if you like it, "make me an offer I cannot refuse"

Bye bye, SR

Ovation Matrix

I purchased my Matrix in 1971 it has no pick up , just an acoustic , it still sounds fantastic when strung correctly , could you tell me how to identify when it was constructed . Many Thanks

: : i recently picked up an older ovation matrix guitar. the product info
: : is dated 1978. can anyone provide any info on this little gem? i don't
: : have the model # with me, but email me if you know anything about this
: : line in that time frame. thanks!

: Hi I have one of these guitars also and was wondering if you ever found any info on it.
: Thanks
: Steve
To Ginny, who inquired about buying an Ovation Matrix, I am selling a model 1132-4. I bought this tradein from a local music store sometime between 1975-80. Can take digital pictures etc, it's in very good condition. Top is solid, no cracks or anything negative.

Re: 1970's ovation matrix Model 1132-4

: : : i recently picked up an older ovation matrix guitar. the product info
: : : is dated 1978. can anyone provide any info on this little gem? i don't
: : : have the model # with me, but email me if you know anything about this
: : : line in that time frame. thanks!

: : Hi I have one of these guitars also and was wondering if you ever found any info on it.
: : Thanks
: : Steve
: To Ginny, who inquired about buying an Ovation Matrix, I am selling a model 1132-4. I bought this tradein from a local music store sometime between 1975-80. Can take digital pictures etc, it's in very good condition. Top is solid, no cracks or anything negative.

I bought 1132-4 new in the 70's. Seriel #112218. I'd sell it but know nothing of it's value. It's in perfect condition--honest! 5 of the strings are original.

ovation guitar

I was given an Ovation guitar with the model number of 1132-4. There is another number in the sound hole on a sticker under ovation. The number is 110836. Is this the serial number? There is also the number 10 engraved in the fiberglass above the sticker. I am trying to find out the year of the guitar. Please help! Thank you!

Re: 1970's ovation matrix Model 1132-4 145507 ser.

if you ever found any info on it.
: : : Thanks
: : : Steve
: : To Ginny, who inquired about buying an Ovation Matrix, I am selling a model 1132-4. I bought this tradein from a local music store sometime between 1975-80. Can take digital pictures etc, it's in very good condition. Top is solid, no cracks or anything negative.

: I bought 1132-4 new in the 70's. Seriel #112218. I'd sell it but know nothing of it's value. It's in perfect condition--honest! 5 of the strings are original.

I HAVE A SPEICAL EDITION MODEL 1132-4 SERICAL 145507 WOULD LIKE THE YEAR OF THIS GUITAR THANK YOU

Re: 1970's ovation matrix Model 1132-4 111700 ser.

Want to know the year it was made and current market value
Good condition

Re: 1970's ovation matrix Model 1132-4 145507 ser.

if you ever found any info on it.
: : : Thanks
: : : Steve
: : To Ginny, who inquired about buying an Ovation Matrix, I am selling a model 1132-4. I bought this tradein from a local music store sometime between 1975-80. Can take digital pictures etc, it's in very good condition. Top is solid, no cracks or anything negative.

: I bought 1132-4 new in the 70's. Seriel #112218. I'd sell it but know nothing of it's value. It's in perfect condition--honest! 5 of the strings are original.

I HAVE A SPEICAL EDITION MODEL 1132-4 SERICAL 145507 WOULD LIKE THE YEAR OF THIS GUITAR THANK YOU

I too have an Ovation Matrix (114829) special edition model no.1132-1. Can anyone in the world tell me anything at all about it? I have struggled so far and its a really nice guitar, please help - it is Christmas!

I have that exact same guitar. no.1132-1 it is my mothers guitar and she told me she bought it for only like $350. But i have always thought it to be worth more.

I own a Matrix Ovation Model No. 1132-1, My father bought it for my mom when they were dating years ago. And now I today play it, and not that I'd ever sell it, but I was curious as to it's worth. If anyone knows. Please follow up.

: I own a Matrix Ovation Model No. 1132-1, My father bought it for my mom when they were dating years ago. And now I today play it, and not that I'd ever sell it, but I was curious as to it's worth. If anyone knows. Please follow up.

I too bought an Ovation 1132-1 in 1977. With the exception of needing some neck work, this has been a really great love affair.
My Ovation is tone perfect and appears to still look brand new, and I play nearly every day. 33 years and it is still my favorite and I've owned many, many guitars This guitar stills resonates like a piano. It is an absolute shotgun and would consider selling it. It has never let me down. I doubt it has much value $ wise, but to me it is priceless

I also have one of these 70s Ovation Matrixes (Matrices?). Got mine in '78, been playing it regularly since. Still sounds great, still use it for some amateur gig stuff with a soundhole Fishman. Only real complaint is that there's too much fret buzz. This is stems from a) the action is low to begin with, and, b) as noted by others in this discussion, you can't mess with the neck or frets because they're a solid piece of aluminum. But otherwise still a great sound to it.

: : I own a Matrix Ovation Model No. 1132-1, My father bought it for my mom when they were dating years ago. And now I today play it, and not that I'd ever sell it, but I was curious as to it's worth. If anyone knows. Please follow up.

: I too bought an Ovation 1132-1 in 1977. With the exception of needing some neck work, this has been a really great love affair.
: My Ovation is tone perfect and appears to still look brand new, and I play nearly every day. 33 years and it is still my favorite and I've owned many, many guitars This guitar stills resonates like a piano. It is an absolute shotgun and would never consider selling it. It has never let me down. I doubt it has much value $ wise, but to me it is priceless

:Hi There, I have an ovation 1132-1 in sunburst, its a little gem , I'm pretty sure it is from th 70's and would love to know how much it is worth.
Cheers
Ray

: :Hi There, I have an ovation 1132-1 in sunburst, its a little gem , I'm pretty sure it is from th 70's and would love to know how much it is worth.
: Cheers
: Ray

I had one from the late 70's in natural that I just sold for 750. I still have my original early early 70s in sunburst. I've never had a guitar with such a fast fingerboard and rich sound.

I got my new Ovation matrix model no 1132-4 serial no 145030 in 1979 at a knock down price of £120. I believe the list price at the time was Aprox £ 250. this is in england .
and the guitar sounds better than ever these days it is an acoustic only model, although i am tempted to get a pickup installed in it. I was told that it was never a very succesful model , due to its alluminium neck which is supposed to go out of turn in different temperatures. I must say i have never found this to happen to mine. as for value.. I'm not sure , but would imagine in england , them worth approx £ 300. not that i would ever part with mine. it plays superb and the sound is as good as any £1000 guitar i have ever played

I just had my guitar stolen with my car and need a replacement cost. 1132-1 model, I had a parametric pickup put in and bought it 2ndhand about 15 years ago for about $1200.... still sounds awesome. Im a little at odds about the varied prices, some $3000 and some down to $11 on ebay. Can anyone enlighten me? thanks

i've just found one displayed in an ad in a paper and it reads: Good condition Ovation Matrix 1132-4 guitar, stand and strap.

Guitar is in good condition - slight mark on the decorative bit under the strings (not sure what it's called!) but otherwise in good nick. Comes with leather strap and stand. Never been gigged. Just light amateur use.

how much do you think i should part with to get this as the seller is open to any offers, also i will be moving abroad to a hot and humid country so do you think this will affect the sound of the guitar?

I used to own an Ovation Matrix (in the 70's and 80') and I really loved it. The manmade materials made the guitar almost indestructable...I left it in the back of a station wagon in 122 degree heat and it didn't even go out of tune. The neck made the balance on the guitar a little difficult, but the neck was incredibly slick, with wonderful precision and an easy touch. I gave to the guitar to a friend when I got my 12 string and have since lost touch, but I sure miss it. I don't know why Ovation didn't keep making them...they sound great, and didn't cost much. I used a transducer and flanger with that guitar...even backed an album with it. If anyone wants to sell one, please let me know!

matrix by ovation

: I used to own an Ovation Matrix (in the 70's and 80') and I really loved it. The manmade materials made the guitar almost indestructable...I left it in the back of a station wagon in 122 degree heat and it didn't even go out of tune. The neck made the balance on the guitar a little difficult, but the neck was incredibly slick, with wonderful precision and an easy touch. I gave to the guitar to a friend when I got my 12 string and have since lost touch, but I sure miss it. I don't know why Ovation didn't keep making them...they sound great, and didn't cost much. I used a transducer and flanger with that guitar...even backed an album with it. If anyone wants to sell one, please let me know!

I just bought my matrix and i love it. I have many guitars and i have to say this is one of my best. It does have a minor crack right under the bridge. This does not effect the sound at all. Words cannot explain the beautiful sound that this guitar puts out. If you have any other questions, or if you might consider buying it, email me with your info. Thanks

Re: matrix by ovation

Hi,
I have an Ovation Matrix model number 1132 that I would consider selling if you're interested.
Thanks

The local blue book for used instruments lists my
roundback (purchased in 1981 for $356) at a retail
value of $104 today. This is model 1137-4.
Joy

: The local blue book for used instruments lists my
: roundback (purchased in 1981 for $356) at a retail
: value of $104 today. This is model 1137-4.
: Joy

The reason why is the one piece aluminum fretboard/frets. The frets eventually wear down and I've been told by Ovation themselves that they are impossible to replace. My model is an Ovation Matrix, model 1132-4. This was my first guitar, given to me as a gift by my now deceased father, and I'll never get rid of it. But I sure would love to play it again.

Joseph

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.