Re: Ovation Tornado

Posted by Jack on Fri, 03/01/02 - 13:08:03.

: I have an Ovation Tornado (Serial #186) I am trying to find out when it may have been made and its estimated value. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

I had a red Ovation Tornado that I shipped to Italy to a Storm series collector. I had no serial# and found out that I had a prototype. I had a local guitar repairman reset the neck and playing action for big bottom strings. When he took the neck rod adjustment cover, we found the number 24 etched with an awl. I found out that only 25 prototypes were made and that Roy Clark had number three and Keith Partrige owned number 17. I will try to dig up my resources for you. I got $500 for the guitar and the buyer paid over a hundred dollars for shipping and insurance.

I have the same guitar. If you get any info on your would you please let me know. Im curious on its value also.

I have one also. The model Number, rather than the serial number will indicate year. Mine is a model 1231, indicating that it was manufactured in 1971. Here's a link, hope it helps.

http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=tl3

Also.... I bought mine from a friend for $400, I've seen them out there for up to $600.

1968 Ovation Tornado Serial # 068

I have one for sale in near mint condition. Owned it since I was 12. Original cardboard case. Asking $650.

: Hi guys,
Ive been trying to find out the app. value of this guitar, I got mine from my dad when he passed away. Its in perfect condition, rarely used, always in the guitar case. So, up to 600 bucks hey? Id rather have a nice acoustic, as I dont play yet. Since my dad kept the "Tornado" in the basement I dont have much sentimental attachment to it. Take care! Rick

: http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=tl3

Hi Guys...

The guitar was made in 1972 - 1973. As for this particular guitar, if you still have it I would be interested in talking to you about it. Email me at guillld@bellsouth.net

"snip" The model Number, rather than the serial number will indicate year. Mine is a model 1231, indicating that it was manufactured in 1971.
: Also.... I bought mine from a friend for $400, I've seen them out there for up to $600.

on ebay they are going in the 300-350 range in original good condition with the factory hsc as of 03-02

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.