Re: Looking for Global Guitar Co.

Advertisement
Posted by Mark on Fri, 11/09/07 - 09:45:19.

I have a classical Global guitar, stickers on the back say it's made in Korea and it has the number 705.

This was my first guitar, and I still love playing it, even though I'm a bit out of control and have a selection of Martins and Ovations.

I got this guitar for Christmas in 1978 when I was in college. I believe it cost about $100 without a case.

I found this post on the internet because I was searching to see if the company was still in business. This is a much higher quality guitar than other cheap guitars for sale today. It's all natural color wood, no paint, and the sound quality is pretty good. I have a little bit of raising on the back of the bridge, and I'm just today in the process of replacing the tuners.

This guitar is not my favorite, but it's the one I love the most. I can provide pix if you're still interested.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Global Guitar

Are these global guitars worth anything?

Mine says made in Korea, number 405. the tuner hardware looks elaborate, but could be crap for all I know.

I found this on AllExperts.com:

"Global was a brand name used by an importer in Chicago of cheaply-made instruments from a variety of sources in Asia in the 1960s and 1970s (and maybe later). Even if in perfect condition, it's probably not worth more than around $50. Without seeing it or having a better description or photos, I can't tell you much more than that."

But who knows. Are they really ALL EXPERTS? teehee.

I found an old Global in a shed of one of the houses i used to rent. I really want to fix it up even though i know its cheap it seems to have some charactor. does anyone know how there acoustics sound? Its in really good condition but the tuners probably could use a replacing. It even has some mother of pearl in it.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.