"Conqueror" Banjo

Advertisement
Posted by john on Tue, 12/30/03 - 09:54:38.

I recently got a 5-string banjo.It says "Conqueror" on the headstock in pearl,looks kinda old but still in good shape,has 22 frets, it has 30 brackets,it's light brown flange with a split down the middle,and theres like an upside down heart, on the tailpiece.I have no idea how much it's worth so,if anybody could tell me anything (anything!) about it I'd appreciate it

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Conqueror banjo

I bought a Conqueror brand new in 1969 and I still have it. Everyone prior to my note has pretty much described what it's all about. I remember paying $140.00 for it back then. It came with a paperboard case .. it's taken a lot of travel and pickin' ..one of my sons borrowed it from a couple of years ago to learn to play. I just got it back ... the only thing I've always thought was a bit irritating about it is the 5th string peg. If I keep it much longer (I bought a Gibson Ode in 1975 and still have it) I might be a geared peg in it and change to a fiber head and use it for a folky sound. Never was sorry I bought it.

Re: Conqueror banjo

Its a Japanese banjo imported by Bruno. For more info check http://hawthorne.fastie.com/asianbanjos/entry.htm
scroll down the page its listed under "Any of these names may be encountered on higher quality banjos....or other instruments"

: I recently got a 5-string banjo.It says "Conqueror" on the headstock in pearl,looks kinda old but still in good shape,has 22 frets, it has 30 brackets,it's light brown flange with a split down the middle,and theres like an upside down heart, on the tailpiece.I have no idea how much it's worth so,if anybody could tell me anything (anything!) about it I'd appreciate it

: Its a Japanese banjo imported by Bruno. For more info check http://hawthorne.fastie.com/asianbanjos/entry.htm
: scroll down the page its listed under "Any of these names may be encountered on higher quality banjos....or other instruments"

:
: : I recently got a 5-string banjo.It says "Conqueror" on the headstock in pearl,looks kinda old but still in good shape,has 22 frets, it has 30 brackets,it's light brown flange with a split down the middle,and theres like an upside down heart, on the tailpiece.I have no idea how much it's worth so,if anybody could tell me anything (anything!) about it I'd appreciate it

Conqueror banjo

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Conqueror banjo

Re:

: I recently got a 5-string banjo.It says "Conqueror" on the headstock in pearl,looks kinda old but still in good shape,has 22 frets, it has 30 brackets,it's light brown flange with a split down the middle,and theres like an upside down heart, on the tailpiece.I have no idea how much it's worth so,if anybody could tell me anything (anything!) about it I'd appreciate it

I don't know anything about it but I ran across a Conqueror 4 string banjo that a friend was left by his mother. It also has quite a bit of pearl in it. Has nice butterflied wood on the back. Pretty good shape but needs strings. I too would like to hear from anyone who knows anything about the Conqueror banjos.

Re: Conqueror Banjo

I have a Conqueror as well. Got it used back in 1979 as a rental with option to buy, which I did. I would also be interested in any information regarding this banjo. Thanks.

Re: Conqueror

Re: Conqueror Banjo

>>I'm looking at one now on E-bay. Is it your's? What have you learned of it? Is it a good quality banjo? Did you find a worth?

any answers, let me know
thank you! & Have a Wonderful day.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.