Bruno "Conqueror" guitar

Advertisement
Posted by Old Geezer on Wed, 04/04/01 - 02:05:19.

I recently was given an electric guitar that has the name "Conqueror" in large lettering and Bruno in small letters on a oval background. On the necks heel plate is stamped made in Japan and a serial number. It is a Gibson ES-335 knock-off and very well done. The craftmanship is excelent in this quitar. The binding has yellowed a good deal making me think the guitar is old but I don't have a clue. Does anyone know the history of this company? Of this guitar?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitarra

hola disculpen yo tambien tengo una guitarra BRUNO CONQUEROR. y quisiera saber de ella ojala me pudieran ayudar ya que me la acaba de regalar mi abuela la tenia guardada desde ase mas de 15 aƱos la madera es de cedro muy bonita , saludes .

Just got a Bruno Conqueror Violin Guitar

http://vinces.net/bruno-conqueror/index.php

I found this page trying to do some research. I just got this guitar recently and I'm trying to find some information. I posted pics up above if anyone is curious. I love the looks of this guitar. Sounds great too. IF anyone has info on this, I'd love to know more.

Vin #2139696 - I'm not sure if this is a '62, '67, or ??

Thanks,

Vince

Conqueror 335 copy

I have a conqueror 335 copy with the conqueror logo badge on the headstock and KENT engraved in the tailpiece..it is a dark burst finish fully banded with dot inlays,black cover humbuckers and adjustable saddle bridge...so ...anybody know? were they're Kent Conquerors and who in japan made them..and who imported them

Re: Bruno CONQUEROR

Bruno  CONQUEROR

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bruno CONQUEROR

12 string

I was given a conqueror acustic 12 string sun burst guitar that looks just exactly like a gibson humming bird 6 string with verry detail peral inlay's on the fretboard and verry detail design pick guard i mean exactly like the pick guard on the gibson it even has the in lays on the outside of the sound hole and pin stripe design going around the edge of the guitar and is verry well crafted i cant make out what the sr# is but it is made in japan it is a verry beatful guitar and plays and sounds great,it has a name plate that says conqueror that is layed over a sheild and is tacked on the head stock.

Re: Bruno

I too have a Bruno Conqueror (ca 1967) you can read the info on it at : www.vintaxe.com/guitars_japanese.htm
Very interesting-mine is still in brand new condition with the original case that came with it new. I believe my parents bought it in 1967, 1968- not sure.
Hope this helps.

Re: Bruno "Conqueror" guitar/info

O K guys, when I did my first post, it never occurred to me that noone had any idea bout brunos period. I have done some reading about Brunos in the past, and if my memory serves me, Bruno was a dude that was one of the largest importers of guitars from overseas in the late sixties and early seventies, and imported from a variety of sources. I think that Bruno was also a guitar manufacturer before that time. What I do know is, the japanese made guitars of that era were every bit as well made as the instruments them mimiced. In the mid 70s, they were better than the guitars they mimiced, and then became the worlds innovators for musicial insturments. It now appears that Korea has taken the crown from them, Korean guitars are the best made production guitars available now. SOOO don't sell you Brunos short, they are likely as usefull of instruments as the "name " brands, and probably had better quality control back then, which, of course, the do now.

:
: O K guys, when I did my first post, it never occurred to me that noone had any idea bout brunos period. I have done some reading about Brunos in the past, and if my memory serves me, Bruno was a dude that was one of the largest importers of guitars from overseas in the late sixties and early seventies, and imported from a variety of sources. I think that Bruno was also a guitar manufacturer before that time. What I do know is, the japanese made guitars of that era were every bit as well made as the instruments them mimiced. In the mid 70s, they were better than the guitars they mimiced, and then became the worlds innovators for musicial insturments. It now appears that Korea has taken the crown from them, Korean guitars are the best made production guitars available now. SOOO don't sell you Brunos short, they are likely as usefull of instruments as the "name " brands, and probably had better quality control back then, which, of course, the do now.
Skeeter,you have some of the history correct.The most uncommon Bruno looks like a es-335 copy.Wonderful sunburst with 2 pu's.SN-2122136 61 or 62Some ConQ Brunos look like violin style and some are hard bodies.I on't know how old you are or what your history is with guitars but you are way off re: Korea being @ the top.I can stand @ the door of any axe store,look 80 ft. across the store and tell you which are Mexican,Korean,and American Fenders.Korean and Mex. Fenders of all types are pure pieces of shit.There is no comparison to my American Standard Strat in Korea or Mex.They just don't make any axes in Korea, Mex.,Japan that are better than American Fender,Gibson,Martin,Taylor and a whole host of others.I collect and am also a luthier.Please don't make statements like that.There are people looking for valid info and it misleads them.I could go on and on but I think I made my point....Best,Richard

Conqueror acoustic guitar

i bought this guitar at a garage sale ,no strings a big hole under the bridge which had been moved up because the wood was pulling up it was splintering anyway i fixed it up a little made it hold strings and you know the more i mess with it the better it sounds.i am teaching myself to play.im writing because i cant find anything at all about this guitar i really think its something special but what do i know please help its got Conqueror emblem on headstockand conqyeror logo on paper in the bottom of sound hole no numbers or nothing.ive been to big guitar shops and played some pretty expensive guitarsbut im sticking with what i have because it got a damn nice sound.also it can set out of the case in 0r 60 degree cold house for ten days and be in perfect tune. Is that normal im kinda bumfusseled.please write

Re: Bruno "Conqueror" guitar/info

I'm not familiar with how this comment/follow-up and converstion works, but I have a Conqueror, 6 string acoustic, made in Japan, very good Martin (D8?)imitation I am told. Bought from friend maybe 35 years ago. Have often wondered the origin of this guitar.

I had one of those guitars, and have searched the net over just to find a pic of it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could send me pics. The guitar I had was cherry sunburst, lots of mother of toilet seat on it, seems like the pickup surrounds were even mother of toilet seat. I got the guitar used in around, 1972, I think.
cbriggs@ee.net

Re: Bruno "Conqueror" guitar

Bruno "Conqueror" guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bruno "Conqueror" guitar

I had one of these guitars in the 70's. Bought it used around 1975 with a Silvertone 15 watt tube amp. It was several years old then. The hardware was already pitting. Mine was cherry sunburst with fake mother of pearl pickguard and headstock overlay. Had 2 single coils and a crummy whammy bar tailpiece. Sold it in 1978 when I bought a new LP gold top deluxe. Wish I still had both if them!

hi, geezer, dou you have any pics of your guitar?, i have bought recently one of those, but i don't know anyone who can tell me where does ir come... i really need to see other conqueror guitar. thanks.

Sorry I can't help but is it the same as mine view pic at http://www.proweb.fsnet.co.uk/Guitar/
Thanks Martin

Re: Bruno Conqueror

Bruno Conqueror

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Bruno Conqueror

Yeah, I've got one too. I've been carting it around for about five years. I obtained it in a pawnshop and it was in horrible condition. Then, with the help of a friend, proceeded to rewire it and found it full of old ass lookin like airplane wire type stuff. Never been able to discover much about it. Orange sunburst, double cutaway, f holes, floating tailpiece with wooden bridge. When I had her playing it was sweet. Not sure if Gibson "ripoff" is appropriate, but a similar sound. Now its the corvette in the garage just waiting for another well needed restoration.

I just acquired a "Conqueror" guitar, with a violin-shaped body and an extra little block of wood at the top of the tuning pegs to resemble a violin. I found it in pretty deplorable condition while cleaning out a basement. It'll need some TLC to bring it back, but it looks like a sweet axe.

So....
Okay, I have one too! I think we should all just join the "WHAT THE HELL AM I PLAYING?" club. Anyhow...Mine is a guitar, however its one claim to fame for me is that it LOOKS like Paul McCartney's 1963 Hofner Violin Bass. However, I need to take it in and get a whole bunch of stuff done to it. I do not know much about it, but from the little bit of research I have done on it, I have gotten two different stories. One is that These guitars are made by a company in Japan that makes mandolins.....so it was kind of a spinoff project. Ya know.."LETS MAKE A REALLY BIG MANDOLIN. .AND THEN, TURN IT INTO A GUITAR" kind of thing. The other is that it was done by some guy who was an apprentice of "Martin" guitars. However, I am not sure. But it seems we are all bewildered here. I am still investigating...I will let you know if I learn anything new.

-Christina.

: So....
: Okay, I have one too! I think we should all just join the "WHAT THE HELL AM I PLAYING?" club. Anyhow...Mine is a guitar, however its one claim to fame for me is that it LOOKS like Paul McCartney's 1963 Hofner Violin Bass. However, I need to take it in and get a whole bunch of stuff done to it. I do not know much about it, but from the little bit of research I have done on it, I have gotten two different stories. One is that These guitars are made by a company in Japan that makes mandolins.....so it was kind of a spinoff project. Ya know.."LETS MAKE A REALLY BIG MANDOLIN. .AND THEN, TURN IT INTO A GUITAR" kind of thing. The other is that it was done by some guy who was an apprentice of "Martin" guitars. However, I am not sure. But it seems we are all bewildered here. I am still investigating...I will let you know if I learn anything new.

: -Christina.

Allright, i have now joined the *what the hell have i got* club. I found a conqueror guitar at a house owned by a gentleman who had a flea market booth. It is black, solid body, two pickups, with pearl inlayed striping on its front and back edge, it has pearl inlays and an emblem on the neck. There is no number or any other information on the guitar, i searched all over and thought i was going nuts untill i found this website. but i tell you what, i hooked thet sucker up to a digiteck GNX1 and it sounds like a dream, i cannot believe it, the thing is smooth, smooth, smooth. I am still looking for imformation, i hope someone knows something. Thanks.

What the hell am I playing (Conqueror)

I have a Conqueror that was found in a basement, It needed serious restoration. Now it plays and sounds awesome. It is a Les Paul knockoff, I still can't find out anything about it. ~J

: : So....I have one that I know nothing about. It is a Royal Artist Bruno. full size guiter, with a lot of flash. I was told it was a 1962. do they have any value ?
: : Okay, I have one too! I think we should all just join the "WHAT THE HELL AM I PLAYING?" club. Anyhow...Mine is a guitar, however its one claim to fame for me is that it LOOKS like Paul McCartney's 1963 Hofner Violin Bass. However, I need to take it in and get a whole bunch of stuff done to it. I do not know much about it, but from the little bit of research I have done on it, I have gotten two different stories. One is that These guitars are made by a company in Japan that makes mandolins.....so it was kind of a spinoff project. Ya know.."LETS MAKE A REALLY BIG MANDOLIN. .AND THEN, TURN IT INTO A GUITAR" kind of thing. The other is that it was done by some guy who was an apprentice of "Martin" guitars. However, I am not sure. But it seems we are all bewildered here. I am still investigating...I will let you know if I learn anything new.

: : -Christina.

: Allright, i have now joined the *what the hell have i got* club. I found a conqueror guitar at a house owned by a gentleman who had a flea market booth. It is black, solid body, two pickups, with pearl inlayed striping on its front and back edge, it has pearl inlays and an emblem on the neck. There is no number or any other information on the guitar, i searched all over and thought i was going nuts untill i found this website. but i tell you what, i hooked thet sucker up to a digiteck GNX1 and it sounds like a dream, i cannot believe it, the thing is smooth, smooth, smooth. I am still looking for imformation, i hope someone knows something. Thanks.

I've got my dad's guitar that he got when he was about 11 or 12, which means it was bought around 1967. It is a Royal Artist Bruno guitar, hollow body, but it is not violin shaped. That is about all I know about it. I've been searching for info, but haven't really found anything. I am just as lost as you are.

-Bridget Murphy

: I've got my dad's guitar that he got when he was about 11 or 12, which means it was bought around 1967. It is a Royal Artist Bruno guitar, hollow body, but it is not violin shaped. That is about all I know about it. I've been searching for info, but haven't really found anything. I am just as lost as you are.

: -Bridget Murphy
Bridget,look what I have written re: Conqueror Brunos. There are 3 different types. Gibson es-335 copy in sunburst.a Hofner violin type,and one that looks like a Fender Jaguar that someone built when they were on acid.I also wrote Skeeter @ this site and someone else.Both have extra info....Best, Richard

J brought home a Bruno Conqueror today - but it ain't no guitar - its a mandolin. She figures it was built around the mid 60's. It has a turtle shell pick gaurd. Four sets of double strings.

Its about half way to a quality instrument, but I know nothing about mandolins. So I can't say I can estimate its value... We are thinking of offering 50 to 75 - asking was 200. But, J pointed out the broken fretboard and the screw that was added to hold the neck handle to the body.

doubt this helps anyone - but it I'm guesing that you all have stuff made by "BRUNO" The mandoline maker..

M

I have joined the club! Recently won a Royal Artist Bruno "Beatle" bass on ebay and well... I want to know about it and the fact that there is zero info on it is making me insane! Well, not really, but boy am I curious! Anybody with info, let me know! Thanks

Joining the club

Well hello everyone I would like go join this illustrious club as well. I've had this Bruno Semi- hollow body Conqueror Bass that sounds really nice. But can't find much about it. I was going up sell her but have no ideas hat it's worth.. Argh!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.