Guild X-88 Flying Star and matching bass

Posted by Ezra on Sat, 08/10/02 - 00:21:45.

I have a Guild X-88 Flying Star lead guitar and a Guild Flying Star Bass (model SB-608 I think) and would appreciate any information on their construction and value in the used market. Thank you.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guild X-88 Flying Star and matching bass

: I have a Guild X-88 Flying Star guitar in gloss black on ebay right now if anyone's interested...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140115996570&rd=1&rd=1

: : I have a Guild X-88 Flying Star guitar in gloss black on ebay right now if anyone's interested...
: <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140115996570&rd=1&rd=1">Here</a>

I had bought one back in 1984-1985? Let it go regrettably in trade for some other gear and have tried searching for it's whereabouts for years, hoping to reclaim it. It was black/white zebra striped(only one I'd ever seen like that) with a Kahler tremolo. Had personal sentiment to me if anyone evre stumbles upon it. Last seen at East Coast Music in Danbury, Conn.

I have the bass, it a SB608. Thing still sounds killer. It's way to big for most places with the poiints sticking out but it is one of the best sounding basses I ever played.

: I have a Guild X-88 Flying Star lead guitar and a Guild Flying Star Bass (model SB-608 I think) and would appreciate any information on their construction and value in the used market. Thank you.

: I have a Guild X-88 Flying Star lead guitar and a Guild Flying Star Bass (model SB-608 I think) and would appreciate any information on their construction and value in the used market. Thank you.
Ezra,

Check out my review of the X-88 at harmonycentral.com. As far as worth, I would probably pay way too much for another X-88, especially a white one with 2 humbuckers, and the kahler trem. I've seen them go for as little as $250 and as much as $750. I paid $670 brand new in January of 1984. I just saw something today regarding the bass version. Maple neck with ebony board, came with a poplar body, though there was an upgraded maple body as well. Nikki Sixx is credited with the design.

Jeff

Guild X-88 Flying Star

I have a black x88 with an emg pickup id like to know what its worth. The body needs sanded and repainted.

i have the 2 humbucker + kalher trem white id trade for a single hum stop tail piece set up. kahler trems such so bad. at least the flush body ones do. ive seen them on ebay sell over 1000. the old obscure an are in limited print. granted mine is a little used an abused an the pick ups changed to the emg 81 85 but if it were stock it would be worth a little bit of change.just a real nice playing guitar once you block the kahler off.

I have a white guild x-88 with a Kahler trem and a single humbucker. It was used as a back up on the Shout tour to the one seen in the Too Young to Fall in Love video. The guitar is also signed by Mick on the back. Pretty rad.

Mick Mar's guild x-88

I wold buy that guitar from you if you still have it.
progpower.jd@gmail.com

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.