Madeira Guitar by Guild

Advertisement
Posted by Pat on Thu, 04/05/01 - 20:55:19.

I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 1979. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Guild Maderia guitar

I have Guild Maderia A-1serial number 1176 I found in a scrap metal pile about 10 years ago. I was just wandering the age and value of the guitar. All the records I have found say it was built in 1953.i just wanted to know if the information I found was correct and if anyone could give me a round about value. the outside of it is in good shape. however the X bracing on one side I believe the glue has come loose because it is just hanging there. So, so I have a pile of fire wood or an earlyish guild guitar?

Hi! I`ve got a Madeira EG-41

Hi! I`ve got a Madeira EG-41 BLK. It is an electric guitar. Just wanted to know how old is it and how much would be the price if it works completly good.
Waiting your help. Thanks. Victor.

Madeira Guitar A-30R by Guild

My A-30R i bought in U.K 35 years ago and it still looks and sounds the same as when i bought it, which surprises me with the amount of traveling its done. It came with me through my working life in the oil industry and is still with me in my new home in the Philippines. I use it only for my personnel pleasure and i don't have any plans to part with.

best strings for Guild Madeira A30 M

Hi ,
I have a Guild Madeira A30 M and I would appreciate advice as to the best strings to use on it .

I have a 1973 same model and

I have a 1973 same model and I have always used Fender 10 Wound. You may want to try. Very nice sound for the price.

Madeira A2 and P712

I am looking for both guitars. A Madeira A2 and a Madeira P712 12 string. Both must be in decent shape. Send lots of Pics and info to donandritaj007@yahoo.com

Thanks
Don

a2

Hi, I have a Madeira A2 if you are still looking? I don't know much about the guitar but it is in lovely condition. Let me know if you are interested and if so drop me your email. I can send you some photos.

Molly

Model a 32sb

5855455769# cass rochester

Madeira A2 and Madeira P712

I am looking for a Madeira A2 - 6 string and Madeira P712 - 12 string. looking for both in decent shape. must ne the older japan made guitars. please send info and pics to donandritaj007@yahoo.com

Thanks
Don

Re: Madeira Guitar by Guild

I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild A-25 that has a beautiful deep sound to it. I have arthritis and can't play so well anymore and would like to sell the guitar to someone who would appreciate this gem of a guitar. It is old but in good condition..no cracks, has a case with it. The neck, sides and back are a darker golden brown and the front is a light golden color. "Madiera" is inlaid in what looks like Abalone at the head. Please let me know if anyone has interest in it.

Kathy Glover
Florida

: I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild A-25 that has a beautiful deep sound to it. I have arthritis and can't play so well anymore and would like to sell the guitar to someone who would appreciate this gem of a guitar. It is old but in good condition..no cracks, has a case with it. The neck, sides and back are a darker golden brown and the front is a light golden color. "Madiera" is inlaid in what looks like Abalone at the head. Please let me know if anyone has interest in it.

: Kathy Glover
: Florida

Yes. I have been looking for awhile in hopes to find one I could afford for my husband. He loves the sweet sounds of Guilds but prices have been out of our league. Don't let our email suggest anything. I'm not looking to resale. mikesantiques@nebnet.net

Distributed by Guild. My sister recieved one for a gift in the early seventies. She never learned to play so I relieved her of it.It cost $150.00 new at that time which even then was relatively cheap. At the time a decent guild 6 string acoustic ran about twice that much. I still own it and would never part with it. The strings ring like a bell and sounds better the older it gets. Holds tune forever. good action with no string buzz. Check out reviews on harmony central. Its definately a keeper.

Madeira Guitar by Guild

I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 2005 I got it at a garadge sale. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

Thanks. Mitch.

Madeira Guitar by Guild

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Madeira Guitar by Guild

: I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 2005 I got it at a garadge sale. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

: Thanks. Mitch.

: : I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 2005 I got it at a garadge sale. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

: : Thanks. Mitch.

Madeira guitars were imported and distributed by Guild. The early ones were built in Japan, the later ones in Korea. They generally receive very good reviews, although the ones from Japan seem to be slightly superior.

Madiera ???

I have a pair of Madiera Guitars, a 6 and a 12 string, both Guild, with s/n, and both made in "Spain", so I have been led to believe. Was I duped?

I have a Madeira A30-M which I have had since 1977, I bought it from a guy I was in the U.S.Navy with. I payed him $75. I love the sound and feel, I play for my own enjoyment, and friends. This guitar has been to Africa, Amsterdamn, the Artic Circle, below the equator and a few other places I can't remember...It's got a blonde body and I see no serial number. Can anyone email me with more info like where is the serial number? what is the approx. value?

: Thanks.

Hey ive got a Madeira too!! big shocker there... its a c-600 model with a serial number of 7432 .. ive had it for 2 years now and havnt beena ble to find out any more than that it is a guild madeira c-600 serial number 7432 ... if any one can help me out it would be awesome.... thanks

hello i lost a guild madeira sg brown in color over in hawaii any info major reward i am indepently wealthy

hello i lost a guild madeira sg brown in color over in hawaii any info major reward i am indepently wealthy

: I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild Model A-1S. Label
inside printed "made in Korea" - "adjusted and distributed by Guild". A gift, never played. Any info ?

The Madeira Guitars made in Korea are not worth as much as those made in Japan... the workmanship was of lesser quality.

Do you still have the guitar?

C.J. Krieger

I have a A-25 model. Plays and sounds great!!!

: I have a A-25 model. Plays and sounds great!!!

I bought Madeira A-25 at Ivor Mairants in London in 1982,having tried five or six guitars. That guitar was simply in a different class compared to other GBP 200
guitars I played prior to it. I noticed later that it was written on a label in the sound hall " Adujusted and distributed exclusively by Guild" and "Made in Japan". I have been playing it since then and the sound is so beautifull and playing is so easy. It needed any adjustments after all these years. In a way it is pity because I have not been able to justify prices of other much more expensive guitars since I had it.

You sellin it?

: You sellin it? I am interested in selling my guitar.I have had it since 1973 Serial A-20, its in mint condition and I am asking $300.00 for it. Comes with a case and alot of memories. If your interested contact me by the email address provided. I can send photos from all views. regards, Mike

Yo! fun...
i like it :)
John
<a href="http://www.toshain.com">painting</a>

Yo! fun...
John

Yo! fun...
John

I am interested

Hi Mike

Yes... I am very interested in buying your guitar... if you would please contact me at cjkrieger@ureach.com

Many Thanks
CJ

I have a madeira guitar Model A30M that wash handed down to me and I would really appreciate any information anyone could give me on this. It's a model A30M in very good condition. Mary Ann

Mary Ann, I have a A-20 that I have had for 30 years. They were made in Japan for Guild and are worth $250 to $300 in mint condition. Not much else I can tell you except its an exceptionally good sounding guitar and they are well made. Mine still looks like new after all this time. So they did something right when they contracted Japan to make these up for them. Hope this helps you. Mike
: : Thanks.

Madeira Guitar by Guild A-2 #7611509

Madeira Guitar by Guild A-2  #7611509

This popular thread has been given its own page : Madeira Guitar by Guild A-2 #7611509

I have recently purchased a Guild Madeira electric bass from a friend... I wish I could find out more about these great instruments as well. I have never before found such playability in a bass. Mine has a passive pickup selector switch and the previous owner had the bridge worked on. The tone is emaculate with almost any type of music. I don't think that these guitars were very expensive, but considering nobody seems to know anything about them... I think I'll hold on to mine awhile.

I have an old electric Madeira EG-60 BLK ( for black ) 2 humbucker pickups, reverb switch, 3 position picku selector, tone and volume controls. Brass hardware, adjustable bridge, adjustable pickup position. I bought it cheap on ebay, but it's a great player. smooth frets, accurate tuning, very nice fretboard, easy to play with a wide range of tone possibilities, from hard clean to soft and mellow.

I'm not going to sell it. I couldn't get what it's really worth. quality construction all around.

I have madeira acoustic guitar model P600M. I bought it in 1981 or 82. I have never seen this model mentioned in the forum. Does anyone know anything about it?

John

I purchased mine about the same time. I call it my wide body blond because its sides and back are blond wood. I love the rich deep tone of it. Everyone who plays it or hears the tone makes a comment. I love my wide body blond.

comment on Madeira 600

lI have same feeling for my guitar, although mine is not blond, but rich golden-brown. I too was attracted to it by the deep mellow bases. I now play a classical guitar so the Madeira neck seems really slim by comparison. I have to add that my guitar has a very beautiful inlay of its name on the headstock. Most Madeiras mentioned, or shown on line only have a decal. I would be interested in learning how much this mint condition guitar is worth.

i also have a madiera a-2 any info please manufacturing dates matierials value etc. ive had it for about 12 years and expect it was at least 10 years old when i got it its vwery durable with a very tinny sound.
please help

: I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 1979. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

Go to the Harmony Central website and click on user reviews, then guitar by manufacturer, then pick Madeira or Guild - good luck. There is a neat discussion forum on there as well.
JJ

: I have a Madeira A30R acoustic 6-string guitar, bought 30 years ago, very good condition, wondering what it might be worth on the market?

I have a Madeira A-20, I bought 30 years ago and is in mint condition. Then best price I could find was a collector who said he would pay $250 to $300.00 depending on condition. They are made in Japan and well constructed. I am assuming my model is made from Maple. I am selling it as I have severe arthritis in my hands and can no longer enjoy playing it. I just want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and care for it as I have. Good luck with yours in whatever you decide to do with it.

I have a Madeira A-20, I bought 30 years ago and is in mint condition. Then best price I could find was a collector who said he would pay $250 to $300.00 depending on condition. They are made in Japan and well constucted. I am assuming my model is made from Maple. I am selling it as I have severe arthritis in my hands and can no longer enjoy playing it. I just want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and care for it as I have. Good luck with yours in whatever you decide to do with it.

Madeira was guilds import brand. I wrote guild to ask them information on this guitar. They wrote back and told me they had no records about the import. At the time Guild was under poor management.

I too have a madeira guitar. You seem to know more about it than me. I did not even know guild made them. The model number on mine is EG-41

Madeira Guitar by Guild

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re: Madeira Guitar by Guild

I too have a madeira guitar. You seem to know more about it than me. I did not even know guild made them.

i also have
Madeira Guild Guitar with the model number: A 30M
i need any imformation on this guitar
it would be greatly appreciated

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.