Madeira Guitar by Guild

Posted by Pat on Thu, 04/05/01 - 20:55:19.

I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 1979. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

Thanks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Madeira Guitar by Guild

i also have a madiera a-2 any info please manufacturing dates matierials value etc. ive had it for about 12 years and expect it was at least 10 years old when i got it its vwery durable with a very tinny sound.
please help

: Thanks.

: I have a Madeira Guitar by Guild that I have had since about 1979. I cannot seem to find any information on this guitar. Can anyone give me any information on this? The serial tag on the inside says A-2.

: Thanks.

Go to the Harmony Central website and click on user reviews, then guitar by manufacturer, then pick Madeira or Guild - good luck. There is a neat discussion forum on there as well.
JJ

: I have a Madeira A30R acoustic 6-string guitar, bought 30 years ago, very good condition, wondering what it might be worth on the market?

I have a Madeira A-20, I bought 30 years ago and is in mint condition. Then best price I could find was a collector who said he would pay $250 to $300.00 depending on condition. They are made in Japan and well constructed. I am assuming my model is made from Maple. I am selling it as I have severe arthritis in my hands and can no longer enjoy playing it. I just want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and care for it as I have. Good luck with yours in whatever you decide to do with it.

I have a Madeira A-20, I bought 30 years ago and is in mint condition. Then best price I could find was a collector who said he would pay $250 to $300.00 depending on condition. They are made in Japan and well constucted. I am assuming my model is made from Maple. I am selling it as I have severe arthritis in my hands and can no longer enjoy playing it. I just want to sell it to someone who will appreciate it and care for it as I have. Good luck with yours in whatever you decide to do with it.

Madeira was guilds import brand. I wrote guild to ask them information on this guitar. They wrote back and told me they had no records about the import. At the time Guild was under poor management.

I too have a madeira guitar. You seem to know more about it than me. I did not even know guild made them. The model number on mine is EG-41

I have a Madeira guitar that I bought about 1977 new. The store owner (in Portland, Oregon) told me that Maderia was the Guild's import brand. According to him, these were Guild's designs made in Japan.

Maderia A-9

I have a Maderia A-9 serial#5101995. I have no idea what it is worth. I had it for many decades. If some one knows what it might be worth can you drop me a email? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx. Ray.

madeira by guild A30M

I bought this guitar early1970's haven't played it in 40 Yrs. want to know what it's wrought

I have a Madeira 12 string guitar by Guild that I bought about 1977 new. It is a beautiful sounding guitar. I was wondering if Guild has any good quality Classical Guitars. I'm in the market for one.

Guild made beautiful classical guitars around the early 60's they were in a series called "MARK"
eg: Guild MARK III or Guild MARK IV etc. they were expensive at the time but well build and well worth it!

Do you still own this guitar?

I too have a madeira guitar. You seem to know more about it than me. I did not even know guild made them.

i also have
Madeira Guild Guitar with the model number: A 30M
i need any imformation on this guitar
it would be greatly appreciated

A-30M

Bought mine in 1978. Still have the receipt taped inside the case.

Wonderful machine. Just pulled it out of the case after 25 years and adjusted the truss, added new Martin lightweight strings and bridge pins, installed a piezo pickup and 1/4" plug through enlarged strap pin hole. Unbelievable! Now playing through a Fender Acoustasonic 90 amp. Wow! The tonal combinations are impressive.

This Madeira is still like new, no scratches and a flawless finish.

Rick, CT

I have a model A-20, I have had for 30 years. Its in mint condition and is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played. There made in Japan, mine is Maple constructed and the name is pearl inlaid.I've been told its worth 250 to $300 on the collectors market. I was hoping for more after 30 years of caring for it. But thats life. Hope this helps you out. Mike

I have an A-35R. it has a mahogony fretboard, rosewood sides back and neck, and black and pearl inlays. i am the third generation to have it. it has a very mellow sound, almost enough to make you feel lost in some far off land. i was told by my local guitar shop that he wouldnt put it on his shelf for less than $850. the label however does not say where it was built. only the name, model# and serial. for sentimental reasons, it could not be bought, but for sound, well, its as good as if not better than my dad's $1200 2000 guild. IMHO, i would hold on to your madeira rather than get 250-300 for it. at that age, its just getting broken in.

Madiera A-20

Just found an A-20 Label:l "Adjusted and distributed exclusively by Guild" I can't find a serial number anywhere on the guitar. It still has the original label but no serial #. It is blond. Plays and sounds great but has nicks, scratches and crazing in the finish Anyone have any information?

Mine's an A25S - big, warm sound, beautiful. I still get a kick from the puzzled looks when people first play it, then they look inside and go "Ah... Guild." I'm assuming mine's a low-end Spruce model, but I wouldn't part with it.

I'm wondering if the M in A30M might refer to Mahogany. I have a Madiera A30R, and perhaps that signifies rosewood?

The M is for maple. My A30M was all maple finish - neck back, sides and top.

: i also have
: Madeira Guild Guitar with the model number: A 30M
: i need any imformation on this guitar
: it would be greatly appreciated
I'm also unable to find any info on Madeira Guitars. I have one and think it's great. the sound is great and it plays as nice as any guitar you'll find out there

Mine is a model A-32SB. It has the name Madeira in mother-of-pearl inlaid in the head. I have had it for about 10 years now.
When I bought it, I was looking for a NEW Fender--this one was VERY USED, but it outplayed all of the new acoustic Fenders I could find in the shop.
The owner of the shop let it go for cheap, but I still haven't found one I like as well. The crack that starting to creep under the bridge has me looking hard, though.

I have the same guitar you do, a Madeira A-32SB. Do you know anything about it--what it's worth, why no one seems to know what a madeira guitar is?
It's pretty beautiful, isn't it?

the Madeira is worth between 200 to 300 if Korean and 300 to 400 if made in Japan.
This all depends on condition and age.

I have a Madeira by Guild it`s Korean It`s an A-1.I have`nt found any A-1 Madeira`s any where online.

: I have a Madeira by Guild it`s Korean It`s an A-1.I have`nt found any A-1 Madeira`s any where online.

I have an A-11, serial #00732... and I've found exactly one reference to the model online, on reviews.harmony-central.com (mentioned in passing in a review of a different guitar...). They don't even list the model in their guitar reviews! They do have the A-1 defined, at least, and give it high marks.

: : I have a Madeira by Guild it`s Korean It`s an A-1.I have`nt found any A-1 Madeira`s any where online.

: I have an A-11, serial #00732... and I've found exactly one reference to the model online, on reviews.harmony-central.com (mentioned in passing in a review of a different guitar...). They don't even list the model in their guitar reviews! They do have the A-1 defined, at least, and give it high marks.

I have the A-1 as well. Wish i could learn more about it.

Jamie, I read your article and you mentioned your guild was starting to crack, just so happens I am selling my A-20 that I purchased in 1973. It's still in mint condition and sounds just like it did 30 years ago. If you send me a e-mail I can send you back some photo's and give you my location. Regards, Mike

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2016 , All Rights Reserved.