Re: Guild Madeira A30R

Advertisement
Posted by David K on Fri, 07/09/04 - 19:39:33.

I have a Madeira A30R as well. It's held up phenomenally well, and I now share it with my daughter. The sound is rich and full, better than new. It kills me to walk into a guitar store to check out newer guitars that sound like tin on a stick, at twice the price I paid for my A30R. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat if I could find one.

-David

: I have a Guild Madeira A30R. I bought it in 1976 used from a guitar shop. Since then, I have played on and off over the years. I want to get back into playing but am interested to know what people think of this guitar. How do you rate the sound, action, etc. Do you suggest purchasing anything out there on the market instead for an enjoyable playing experience?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

My Madeira A 30R

I bought mine brand new in 1973. It has the adjustable bridge. Little did I know how well this guitar has aged and I am hoping my grand daughter or grandson take up an interest in playing guitar. I think it would be a wonderful heirloom. It still sounds vibrant and smooth.

I also have a Mederia A30R. It was passed down to my from my uncle which was passed down to him from his father. It is a wonderful guitar, rich and pure. The tone is none like have a heard from new age guitars. I love it. For such an old guitar it has held up very well and plays like its new, if not better. The quality is just unmatchable. I plan on passing this guitar down to my son or daughter for them to play. Its a great guitar.

I have a Guild (Madiera) A30M Dreadnaught I bought in 1977 (I think). I love the sound. Its better than most expensive guitars today. The neck has always been too wide for me to play comfortably. I will sell it for a reasonable price.

Ed

: -David

: : I have a Guild Madeira A30R. I bought it in 1976 used from a guitar shop. Since then, I have played on and off over the years. I want to get back into playing but am interested to know what people think of this guitar. How do you rate the sound, action, etc. Do you suggest purchasing anything out there on the market instead for an enjoyable playing experience?

I have a Madeira A30M that I purchased in 1975. It is full blonde and always has been the most amazing guitar. I regularly go and look at guitars and find it hard to find its equal.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.