Guild F30 NT

Advertisement
Posted by Mark on Mon, 10/11/04 - 19:49:04.

I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Guild F30 NT

: I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

THE "NT" STANDS FOR "NATURAL TONE" FINISH. THIS INDICATES THAT THE SPRUCE FRONT IS NOT STAINED OR OTHERWISE COLORED. AS SUCH, THE INSTRUMENT STARTS OFF A LIGHT PINE COLOR AND MATURES INTO A WARM HONEY COLOR OVER THE YEARS. I BOUGHT MINE IN 1968 FOR $120 AT SAM ASH. OVER THE LAST HALF CENTURY THE WOOD HAS SPLIT IN A FEW PLACES BUT OTHERWISE SOUNDS BEAUTIFUL.

: I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

I believe NT stands for Natural Top (spruce, I think). Natural top refers to the finish. It means blond, or unstained; not sunburst or colored.

I have a forty yr old approx f 30. Wanna buy it?? Don't know about NT

: : I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

: I have a forty yr old approx f 30. Wanna buy it?? Don't know about NT

The NT stands for "natural top" It means is is not a sunburst because it although rare, it was an option. How much?

: : : I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

: : I have a forty yr old approx f 30. Wanna buy it?? Don't know about NT

NT stands for Natural Top...silly but true...it will be spruce - not sunburst or antique

: The NT stands for "natural top" It means is is not a sunburst because it although rare, it was an option. How much?

: : : : I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

: : : I have a forty yr old approx f 30. Wanna buy it?? Don't know about NT

How much? Details, pics, condition? Dan in Palmdale

: NT stands for Natural Top...silly but true...it will be spruce - not sunburst or antique

: : The NT stands for "natural top" It means is is not a sunburst because it although rare, it was an option. How much?

It stands for "Natural Top".
I too have a Guild F 30 with a sunburst finish (1967)- which I have had since 1970.

: : I've been playing my Guild F30 NT since I purchased it in 1970 (or 71). What's the difference between the F30 and the F30 NT? What does NT stand for?

: I have a guild like this that if I understand it correctly is not dateable because it is made before a fire at the guild factory? does anyone have any idea what kind of value range these guitars have?

: It stands for "Natural Top".
: I too have a Guild F 30 with a sunburst finish (1967)- which I have had since 1970.

Coincidence! I've just traded my 1979 F30 to my Fender dealer for other things. I thought they were all & same and believe NT stands for "natural top". Tops wer solid spruce. The back & sides had mahogany stain finish.

Regards, Canada's Strat Man Dwight

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.