Re: Looking for info about Guild F30 NT HR

Posted by Al Costanzo on Thu, 01/20/05 - 00:02:43.

: I just bought this guitar second hand and haven't been able to find much info on it. Serial # is AF 300297. Anyone know if this indicates it was made in 1997? The sticker says it's from Guild Music, Waverly Rhode Island. I paid $1000.00 Canadian funds including a hardshell case and want to know if I was over-charged. Any info would be appreciated.

Dear Tim: I have an F-30 NT Guild which I bought in 1967 used. The guitar is one of my absolute favorites and I have 6 guitars. I have dragged this guitar across 35 countries and it still plays great. The serial number that you have is much different than mine they made that model in the 60's and from what I understand a few years ago they released another version based on the same specs as the original version Which I have. I stopped by the local store and played the new one and it sounded great. You are probally very pleased with the guitar. It had a lot of inlay and was very well appointed. My version was plain by comparison. The NT stands for Natural finish
THe body style is unique although I have seen some Taylors which are similar in shape. The thickness of the body is thin by Guild standards and almost falls into the palour guitars. I'm very happy with my Guild as I'm sure you are. You got a good deal if you paid a grand. The prices I saw on the guitar was closer to $3500 US. Enjoy the guitar.......AL

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

: : I just bought this guitar second hand and haven't been able to find much info on it. Serial # is AF 300297. Anyone know if this indicates it was made in 1997? The sticker says it's from Guild Music, Waverly Rhode Island. I paid $1000.00 Canadian funds including a hardshell case and want to know if I was over-charged. Any info would be appreciated.

: Dear Tim: I have an F-30 NT Guild which I bought in 1967 used. The guitar is one of my absolute favorites and I have 6 guitars. I have dragged this guitar across 35 countries and it still plays great. The serial number that you have is much different than mine they made that model in the 60's and from what I understand a few years ago they released another version based on the same specs as the original version Which I have. I stopped by the local store and played the new one and it sounded great. You are probally very pleased with the guitar. It had a lot of inlay and was very well appointed. My version was plain by comparison. The NT stands for Natural finish
: THe body style is unique although I have seen some Taylors which are similar in shape. The thickness of the body is thin by Guild standards and almost falls into the palour guitars. I'm very happy with my Guild as I'm sure you are. You got a good deal if you paid a grand. The prices I saw on the guitar was closer to $3500 US. Enjoy the guitar.......AL

Tim,
I have one with serial number AF3000001. The month and date of manufacture is stamped on the inside of the guitar toward the neck just below the top. Mine says February 1998-you need to use a flashlight to see it.
Al

I have one of these too. Serial number AI 369
Anyone have an idea what year it is? I thought 369 probably meant march 69, but now I think it's older. Have had it since 1985.

: : I just bought this guitar second hand and haven't been able to find much info on it. Serial # is AF 300297. Anyone know if this indicates it was made in 1997? The sticker says it's from Guild Music, Waverly Rhode Island. I paid $1000.00 Canadian funds including a hardshell case and want to know if I was over-charged. Any info would be appreciated.

: Dear Tim: I have an F-30 NT Guild which I bought in 1967 used. The guitar is one of my absolute favorites and I have 6 guitars. I have dragged this guitar across 35 countries and it still plays great. The serial number that you have is much different than mine they made that model in the 60's and from what I understand a few years ago they released another version based on the same specs as the original version Which I have. I stopped by the local store and played the new one and it sounded great. You are probally very pleased with the guitar. It had a lot of inlay and was very well appointed. My version was plain by comparison. The NT stands for Natural finish
: THe body style is unique although I have seen some Taylors which are similar in shape. The thickness of the body is thin by Guild standards and almost falls into the palour guitars. I'm very happy with my Guild as I'm sure you are. You got a good deal if you paid a grand. The prices I saw on the guitar was closer to $3500 US. Enjoy the guitar.......AL

: : : I just bought this guitar second hand and haven't been able to find much info on it. Serial # is AF 300297. Anyone know if this indicates it was made in 1997? The sticker says it's from Guild Music, Waverly Rhode Island. I paid $1000.00 Canadian funds including a hardshell case and want to know if I was over-charged. Any info would be appreciated.

: : Dear Tim: I have an F-30 NT Guild which I bought in 1967 used. The guitar is one of my absolute favorites and I have 6 guitars. I have dragged this guitar across 35 countries and it still plays great. The serial number that you have is much different than mine they made that model in the 60's and from what I understand a few years ago they released another version based on the same specs as the original version Which I have. I stopped by the local store and played the new one and it sounded great. You are probally very pleased with the guitar. It had a lot of inlay and was very well appointed. My version was plain by comparison. The NT stands for Natural finish
: : THe body style is unique although I have seen some Taylors which are similar in shape. The thickness of the body is thin by Guild standards and almost falls into the palour guitars. I'm very happy with my Guild as I'm sure you are. You got a good deal if you paid a grand. The prices I saw on the guitar was closer to $3500 US. Enjoy the guitar.......AL

I also have a F-30 with a serial# AF300548. Mine was made and purchased in 1998. Also it is my favorite guitar.

: : : : I just bought this guitar second hand and haven't been able to find much info on it. Serial # is AF 300297. Anyone know if this indicates it was made in 1997? The sticker says it's from Guild Music, Waverly Rhode Island. I paid $1000.00 Canadian funds including a hardshell case and want to know if I was over-charged. Any info would be appreciated.

: : : Dear Tim: I have an F-30 NT Guild which I bought in 1967 used. The guitar is one of my absolute favorites and I have 6 guitars. I have dragged this guitar across 35 countries and it still plays great. The serial number that you have is much different than mine they made that model in the 60's and from what I understand a few years ago they released another version based on the same specs as the original version Which I have. I stopped by the local store and played the new one and it sounded great. You are probally very pleased with the guitar. It had a lot of inlay and was very well appointed. My version was plain by comparison. The NT stands for Natural finish
: : : THe body style is unique although I have seen some Taylors which are similar in shape. The thickness of the body is thin by Guild standards and almost falls into the palour guitars. I'm very happy with my Guild as I'm sure you are. You got a good deal if you paid a grand. The prices I saw on the guitar was closer to $3500 US. Enjoy the guitar.......AL

: I also have a F-30 with a serial# AF300548. Mine was made and purchased in 1998. Also it is my favorite guitar.

I have a F30 NT ser# 199832 and purchased it in 1976 in New York city for about $250. I too love the sound and it has traveled across the US with me. I never really looked into the value of it just about the guitar itself.

: : : : : I too have an F30 1976 serial no. 134320...I'm in the Highlands..I love the guitar. You can track the serial number/dates through the Guild website 'dating your guild' chris

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.