Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary

Posted by Dan on Sat, 06/30/07 - 23:14:30.

Can anyone give me any info on an Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary, such as hen it was made, cost when new, fair market value now if in decent shape, etc.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary

: Can anyone give me any info on an Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary, such as hen it was made, cost when new, fair market value now if in decent shape, etc.

Here is the response I got from the guy at Alvarez: Good guess on the woods. These are laminates, by the way. This guitar should have the bi-phonic system. You can split the output to stereo, or use it mono. This will split to bass strings to one jack, treble to the other. The switch will convert from stereo to mono. This model had a $950 list price when discontinued in the mid 1990's.

Tom Kruszka
Alvarez

Hope this helps,
bob mallord

Re: Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary

: : Can anyone give me any info on an Alvarez 5086 Silver Anniversary, such as hen it was made, cost when new, fair market value now if in decent shape, etc.

: Here is the response I got from the guy at Alvarez: Good guess on the woods. These are laminates, by the way. This guitar should have the bi-phonic system. You can split the output to stereo, or use it mono. This will split to bass strings to one jack, treble to the other. The switch will convert from stereo to mono. This model had a $950 list price when discontinued in the mid 1990's.
:
: Tom Kruszka
: Alvarez

: Hope this helps,
: bob mallord

yeah i have one and i wanna know too

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.